Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
riseagainst
Decent college freshman

riseagainst has a bad reputationriseagainst has a bad reputationriseagainst has a bad reputationriseagainst has a bad reputation
Default Can a player who can't palm the ball able to become an allstar/superstar in the NBA?

Or would he even get in to the NBA?
I think no because there's no way they can compete at that level without better ball handling. They might get away with small hands in high school.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
eurobum
High School Varsity 12th Man

eurobum has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Can a player who can't palm the ball able to become an allstar/superstar in the NBA?

steve francis.
eurobum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has not been impressing people
Default Re: Can a player who can't palm the ball able to become an allstar/superstar in the NBA?

Could Iverson palm the ball? Supposedly Kobe has small hands. Can he?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Could Iverson palm the ball? Supposedly Kobe has small hands. Can he?
yes easily he had big hands
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
Heavincent
3-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think Steve Francis could palm the ball.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
I don't think Steve Francis could palm the ball.
From what I've heard and seen, this is truthful. I'm sure he's not alone.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
MrWarrior
I brick open layups

MrWarrior has an OK reputation so far

Kwame Brown.
MrWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 has decent reputationlilgodfather1 has decent reputation

I don't think JJ Hickson can palm the ball very well because he has tiny hands for a 6'8" guy, but he's not an all star, and neer will be. Might prove your first point , but dispells the second. I doubt Tiny could palm the ball, and I would imagine Nate Robinson would have difficulty palming.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
BuffaloBill
Hug Life

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Derrick Rose
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #10
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Contrary to what one may believe, I've heard on numerous occasions that Ben Wallace could barely palm a basketball. From a personal standpoint, I tend to recall a number of instances where the ball would squirt out of his hands on a dunk attempt. I suppose it still he could palm, just not too well.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
tmacattack33
NBA lottery pick

tmacattack33 has decent reputationtmacattack33 has decent reputation

Umm...

I don't think big hands correlates to ball handling skills...Or else the best ball handlers in the league would be the big 7 footers.

So being able to palm the ball wouldn't help you out except for doing things like Jordan used to do in the air while palming the ball, or palming the ball and swinging it around as you are on the ground and before you start your dribble (using it as you jab step and stuff).
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
Dwyane Rose
Best of Both Worlds

Dwyane Rose is a pretty well-respected posterDwyane Rose is a pretty well-respected posterDwyane Rose is a pretty well-respected posterDwyane Rose is a pretty well-respected poster

Josh Smith can't palm a ball.
Dwyane Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 has decent reputationlilgodfather1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
Umm...

I don't think big hands correlates to ball handling skills...Or else the best ball handlers in the league would be the big 7 footers.

So being able to palm the ball wouldn't help you out except for doing things like Jordan used to do in the air while palming the ball, or palming the ball and swinging it around as you are on the ground and before you start your dribble (using it as you jab step and stuff).
Just because you are tall doesn't mean you will have big hands.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #14
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Ben Wallace is on the can't palm the ball list.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:57 PM   #15
ralph_i_el
EG's replacement

ralph_i_el is a pretty well-respected posterralph_i_el is a pretty well-respected posterralph_i_el is a pretty well-respected posterralph_i_el is a pretty well-respected poster

How can an nba player not palm the ball? I'm 5'11 and can palm a ball
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: