Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #31
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

JaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Do you think the Indians and White Man could have got along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Disease, biological warfare... same difference.
I will try to inocculate the Indians by means of Blankets that may fall in their hands, taking care however not to get the disease myself. As it is pity to oppose good men against them, I wish we could make use of the Spaniard's Method, and hunt them with English Dogs. Supported by Rangers, and some Light Horse, who would I think effectively extirpate or remove that Vermine.

-Colonel Henry Bouquet to Lord Jeffrey Amherst, commander of British forces in North America. July 13, 1763

You will Do well to try to Innoculate the Indians by means of Blanketts, as well as to try Every other method that can serve to Extirpate this Execrable Race. I should be very glad your Scheme for Hunting them Down by Dogs could take Effect, but England is at too great a Distance to think of that at present.

-Lord Amherst's response

Blankets didnt wipe out a continent full of people, mate.

If white man and redskins occupied the same land and interacted frequently, even with the utmost harmony and accord, it would have happened anyway. Viruses dont know the white mans intentions. Sharing and interaction of any lind would have spread disease.

Its all jolly good though mate. The young generation loves to use the label 'haters' these days but to my mind theyre too quick to do so. Simply disagreeing about somethin now makes you a hater. It used to be that bein a hater meant contempt for somethin purely out of jealousy and insecurity.

Its obvious you are an old school hater, mate. Hatin on the white man because you can never be one! Never ever. That makes me feel good, mate. To know a bloke like you is stewin over a bloke like me, simply out of jealousy.

Your obvious insecurity about the color of your skin is like antioxidants givin me health, mate. Mmmm...
JaggerCommaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #32
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
Blankets didnt wipe out a continent full of people, mate.

If white man and redskins occupied the same land and interacted frequently, even with the utmost harmony and accord, it would have happened anyway. Viruses dont know the white mans intentions. Sharing and interaction of any lind would have spread disease.

Its all jolly good though mate. The young generation loves to use the label 'haters' these days but to my mind theyre too quick to do so. Simply disagreeing about somethin now makes you a hater. It used to be that bein a hater meant contempt for somethin purely out of jealousy and insecurity.

Its obvious you are an old school hater, mate. Hatin on the white man because you can never be one! Never ever. That makes me feel good, mate. To know a bloke like you is stewin over a bloke like me, simply out of jealousy.

Your obvious insecurity about the color of your skin is like antioxidants givin me health, mate. Mmmm...

What is this jibberish?

I give you recorded historical fact, you give me rambling, nonsense? Whatever floats yer boat, mate.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #33
BGriffin's Dad
Future GOAT PF

BGriffin's Dad has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
because he has contempt for white people?

That doesnt make him racist silly.

it sure does... would it be racist for me to say i hate black people? i think so..

anytime you try to paint an entire group of people according to their race, chances are you're being racist

Quote:
The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race
BGriffin's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #34
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Only on ISH:

Poster says another poster is insecure about their race, while vehemently defending another race.

Yes.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #35
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
it sure does... would it be racist for me to say i hate black people? i think so..

anytime you try to paint an entire group of people according to their race, chances are you're being racist
When did contempt=hate?

Second part is called stereotyping.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #36
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What a silly thread..

Oh, btw.. these have gone viral, man. 30k views for all the gifs combined

Last edited by Faptastrophe : 08-19-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #37
LamarOdom
Banned

LamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPippen
Indeed.

For instance you're as black as it gets, and that you've white friends and a white gf is a big lie.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #38
BGriffin's Dad
Future GOAT PF

Quote:
When did contempt=hate?

Second part is called stereotyping.

hatred is a synonym of contempt.. not so different

i would absolutely be deemed a racist if i expressed anything like that about black people.. if i said i had contempt/hatred/disdain for black people
Old 08-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #39
LamarOdom
Banned

LamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faptastrophe

What a silly thread..

This.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #40
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

JaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Only on ISH:

Poster says another poster is insecure about their race, while vehemently defending another race.

Yes.

Where did I defend anything, mate? And why would I need to? What's happened, happened. I aint had a bloody thing to do with any of it, mate, there'd be no need for me to defend it. It's all just a part of history.

All I said was simply that interactions were all the same back in those days. That white people won only has to do with biological and technological advantages, not any kind of inherent disposition for conquest.

If it were up to me, mate, Indians would have been 100% disease resistant. Not a single one of them would have died from infection as a result of Euro interaction. This would allowed them to take the place of Africans, and negroes would have never been brought to the states. Imagine such a utopia!

Haha, I'm just kiddin, mate. No I'm not.
JaggerCommaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #41
RaininTwos
Betrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
hatred is a synonym of contempt.. not so different

i would absolutely be deemed a racist if i expressed anything like that about black people.. if i said i had contempt/hatred/disdain for black people
Again, contempt/hatred/disdain aren't the same and have differing degrees.

If you would have said "All black people jump high", I would simply think you were a stereotyping neanderthal, not a racist.

I'm not saying he isn't racist, but I'm not saying he is. I ask before making accusations like that.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #42
RaininTwos
Betrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faptastrophe

What a silly thread..

Oh, btw.. these have gone viral, man. 30k views for all the gifs combined
word?

how can you tell?

thats f*cking awesome though
Old 08-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #43
BGriffin's Dad
Future GOAT PF

if i started a thread with pippen's posts changed to black people, i wonder how long would it stay open?

Quote:
Don't know, but this seems like the perfect thread for me to express my strong contempt for black people.

I've got a lot of black friends and am dating a black girl, but in general, black people inspire nothing but the most vile dislike inside me. Go figure.

You know who I love, though? Asian people. They are the bomb.
Quote:
I've seen too many black people who disgust, annoy and anger me with their laziness and thuggish personalities that they've inspired in me a general dislike of black people in general.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #44
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
What is this jibberish?

I give you recorded historical fact, you give me rambling, nonsense? Whatever floats yer boat, mate.

But he is right. Have you ever took a history course? The Natives were even dying before the English started to colonize mainland America through interactions with traders which spread the deadly contagions their body wasn't immune to due to complete isolation from Eurasia + Africa.

The disease blankets didn't wipe out the entire continent
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #45
BGriffin's Dad
Future GOAT PF

Quote:
Again, contempt/hatred/disdain aren't the same and have differing degrees.

If you would have said "All black people jump high", I would simply think you were a stereotyping neanderthal, not a racist.

I'm not saying he isn't racist, but I'm not saying he is. I ask before making accusations like that.

i'm not talking about stereotypes.. i'm talking about saying you have contempt for an entire race of people

how is that not racist?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: