Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #16
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Todd Akin: “Legitimate rape” stops pregnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick

He means if the rape isn't a concocted story by a woman trying to circumvent the abortion ban.

Were you partially aborted yourself, mate?

Nope.

If that's what he means, then why qualify the word? Just call it rape.

Further, given his (very poorly informed) opinion on how the female body works, what do you think he thinks about the women who do get pregnant from rape (of which there are about 32,000 each year)? They had it coming? They actually liked it?

Last edited by RaininThrees : 08-20-2012 at 08:08 AM.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #17
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Canada has no official religion and they seem to be fine.

I'm sure a lot of people call themselves Christian. But the bible is mostly something people claim to give a shit about.

Lol Canada
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #18
Raz

Quote:

He means if the rape isn't a concocted story by a woman trying to circumvent the abortion ban.

Were you partially aborted yourself, mate?

You are by far the worst poster we have had here in a long time.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #19
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

JaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
You are by far the worst poster we have had here in a long time.

Mate, if I posted here half as many times per day as you do, its conceivable I might give a cheery **** about what some fa ggot like yourself thinks about my posting. Of course if I posted here as much as you do and gave a shit about popularity, I'd probably have the awkward feminine emotional issues you described yourself havin in some other thread. Mate, get a life. Youre postin 500 times a month. Youre talkin about your emotional issues to strange guys on a basketball forum.

Youre a loser plain and simple mate.
JaggerCommaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #20
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Actual scientific studies show that women who were raped are actually more likely to get pregnant.

So I guess what Todd Akin is really saying is: they wanted it and were asking for it. Stay classy!
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #21
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Actual scientific studies show that women who were raped are actually more likely to get pregnant.

So I guess what Todd Akin is really saying is: they wanted it and were asking for it. Stay classy!

If you got pregnant, it means you like it. If you hated it like a good christian. Jesus would come down and annihilate the rapist's sperm and give him AIDS.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Ways to shut what down? What?

he is claiming, that when a woman is 'legitimately' raped, then her body recognizes this, and prevents her from becoming pregnant
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #23
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

JaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this boardJaggerCommaMick has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

Its all very dicey, mate, as it is virtually impossible to physically disprove a rape claim. Many women have gotten pregnant through consensual sex then claim they were raped to avoid appearing irresponsible or immoral in their community. Many depressed women have sex with random blokes and then when they regret it the following day, claim theyd been raped. Indeed the accusers of Ben Roethlisberger and Kobe Bryant had struggled with depression.

Speaking of science mate, how do you suppose being raped would produce a higher pregnancy rate? Not really any bloody logic to that. More likely that false rapes are reported many times for pregnancies a woman would rather not take responsibility for. Also, women who get very drunk and have sex they dot remember often then claim they were 'raped'.

Again, these are all reasons this political chap would distinguish legitimate rapes from falsely reported or classified rapes.

I know everyone wants to jump on the guy because hes a big, bad, meanie republican, so theycant be bothered to think for a moment if his points actually have merit. Dont let objectivity get in the way of your partisan soapboxes, mates!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #24
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Speaking of science mate, how do you suppose being raped would produce a higher pregnancy rate? Not really any bloody logic to that.

Something about women being much more sexually attractive when ovulating.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #25
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
he is claiming, that when a woman is 'legitimately' raped, then her body recognizes this, and prevents her from becoming pregnant

Would it surprise you if evidence did back up the idear that women are less likely to conceive when trauama is involved? Trauma and stress increase the likelyhood of miscarrying. Could they not affect conception?

Oh no! Forget about science now, if it actually does back this religious bloke, just get mad at him and smear him for being religious! Wave that angry teenage fist, your raging against the machine, mate! Down with the system, look how mindless and hip you are! Stick it to the establishment, mate, even if everything you say is incorrect! Who cares bout facts, you got an agenda! Grrr!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #26
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Something about women being much more sexually attractive when ovulating.

Dont know bout that, mate, usually theyre bloated and retain water, plus have more oily skin.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #27
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol

this cat may help cost a few thousand votes in the Presidential election

in states like Florida and Ohio that could be the swing needed to win.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #28
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Its all very dicey, mate, as it is virtually impossible to physically disprove a rape claim. Many women have gotten pregnant through consensual sex then claim they were raped to avoid appearing irresponsible or immoral in their community. Many depressed women have sex with random blokes and then when they regret it the following day, claim theyd been raped. Indeed the accusers of Ben Roethlisberger and Kobe Bryant had struggled with depression.

Speaking of science mate, how do you suppose being raped would produce a higher pregnancy rate? Not really any bloody logic to that. More likely that false rapes are reported many times for pregnancies a woman would rather not take responsibility for. Also, women who get very drunk and have sex they dot remember often then claim they were 'raped'.

Again, these are all reasons this political chap would distinguish legitimate rapes from falsely reported or classified rapes.
Having sex with a drunken person when you are not drunk yourself constitutes as rape.

The politician wants a no rape exception to an abortion ban. I don't know about other posters, but to me, this has nothing to do with affiliations with religion or parties. This guy just very naive or plain dumb for thinking that the human body always has this trump card to prevent pregnancies from rape. The body wants to reproduce no matter what the conscious wants.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #29
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not only is there a major problem with his twisted notion that the female body can somehow shut down a pregnancy if she is getting raped, he flat out said that even if THAT somehow fails to stop the pregnancy, the woman should still be forced to carry the rape baby to term.

Quote:
“Let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work, or something,” Akin said. “I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.”

he would basically give a serial rapist the ok to make as many rape babies as he wanted.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #30
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

and these are the type of people that have the balls to point at a certain group and say "thats whats wrong with america"
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: