Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people
Default Do you get nervous when a police car is behind you?

Okay, this morning coming to work I past a State Trooper coming the other direction. He turned around just as I passed him and followed me the rest of the way up the road to a stop sign , a left turn and 2 right turns before he turned away.Followed me for almost 10 mins.I just bet he was hoping for a rolling stop or a swerve into the other lane. Made me nervous as hell. Does it bother you when they follow like that, I mean , okay get close to run the plate, but back off then. He stayed on me the whole time.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
DropStep
Good High School Starter

DropStep has decent reputation
Default Re: Do you get nervous when a police car is behind you?

No cause I have nothing to hide and I know my rights.
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im not "nervous like hell" , but it pretty irritating.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropStep
No, but he could pull you over to waste your time or because you are speeding. I usually go 5-10 over which is why I do sometimes get nervous when a police car is behind me.

I also hate cars that look like undercover cop cars, most annoying thing ever.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people

Quote:
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

I have a gold card so I can't get tickets but it's just a hassle to deal with them do sometimes I get nervous. It's funny cause once I give them the gold card they get all nice after acting like a dick to me at first
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 has not been impressing people

Quote:

this .. I used to but then I told myself fk it .. you're not up to no good so you have no reason to get nervous .. it's just some stupid irrational programmed fear .. I don't speed anymore .. always go the speed limit and I don't drive recklessly or do any other stupid shit to stick out .. they got nothing on me ..

someone else said .. irritated .. if anything, these days I'll get irritated first before getting nervous .. especially if it seems like they're purposely driving behind you to target you

Last edited by dude77 : 08-20-2012 at 01:00 PM.
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
I have a gold card so I can't get tickets but it's just a hassle to deal with them do sometimes I get nervous. It's funny cause once I give them the gold card they get all nice after acting like a dick to me at first

not getting this .. gold card as in credit card ? .. I'm confused .. what do you mean you can't get tickets ?
Old 08-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Im not "nervous like hell" , but it pretty irritating.

100% this

On top of that I'm more annoyed. Annoyed at the fact that they have quotas on handing out tickets to generate income for the government. Annoyed at the fact that the effort they put into traffic enforcment is huge but they can't find the guy who robbed my friend's store or broke into my car. Probably because catching REAL criminals doesn't make money for the city. Annoyed by the fact that cops break the rules consistantly on the road with DUI, fukking around on their laptops while driving, and running lights yet they like to target the middle class folk to garnish their wages.

Like I said before, cops are nothing but glorified traffic control officers.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #10
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
not getting this .. gold card as in credit card ? .. I'm confused .. what do you mean you can't get tickets ?
I have a few cops in my family and they gave my whole family these gold cards, they are made outta metal. Lol my uncle and cousin told us to give them to a cop if we get pulled over. No one has ever gotten a ticket lol
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
100% this

On top of that I'm more annoyed. Annoyed at the fact that they have quotas on handing out tickets to generate income for the government. Annoyed at the fact that the effort they put into traffic enforcment is huge but they can't find the guy who robbed my friend's store or broke into my car. Probably because catching REAL criminals doesn't make money for the city. Annoyed by the fact that cops break the rules consistantly on the road with DUI, fukking around on their laptops while driving, and running lights yet they like to target the middle class folk to garnish their wages.

Like I said before, cops are nothing but glorified traffic control officers.

all this .. I couldn't be a uniform cop .. just couldn't .. wouldn't feel right doing that shit
Old 08-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
dude77
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
I have a few cops in my family and they gave my whole family these gold cards, they are made outta metal. Lol my uncle and cousin told us to give them to a cop if we get pulled over. No one has ever gotten a ticket lol

oooh sweet deal lol
Old 08-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I do, i've had a couple of negative situations in my life with cops. (I've had a gun put to my face, and i've been roughed up, both times having literally none nothing to even warrant being spoken to by the cops.) So i get nervous.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Nothing personal but this is the kind of hypocrisy that makes most people dislike police.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #15
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I do, i've had a couple of negative situations in my life with cops. (I've had a gun put to my face, and i've been roughed up, both times having literally none nothing to even warrant being spoken to by the cops.) So i get nervous.

You must live in New York? Probably a minority aswell? The "stop & frisk" bs they have goin on in NY is a crime in itself
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: