Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #16
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Do you get nervous when a police car is behind you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
You must live in New York? Probably a minority aswell? The "stop & frisk" bs they have goin on in NY is a crime in itself

It's not bad in NY at all now. People who want to whine about that should grow up when i did, when you'd get robbed, the cops would beat you up later, and the Mayor didn't care because he was scared of asking the police union to do work and of arresting a black person and causing a riot. So don't give me that. NYC does not have rogue cops going nuts all over. Yes, it has bad cops, but it also has MORE cops and MORE situations than anywhere, and if you look at the pct of complaints, its very low, lower than almost any other major city and we have less crime. So don't put me as a poster child for that. 2012 NY is not that.

If you want to know, time 1 i was on the beach and we were having a party and the cops said we should leave. I literally said "ok, sorry" and the cop said TOUGH GUY, Huh? threw me up against the car, and when i started complaining (frightened out of my mind) he put a gun up to my head and asked me if i thought i was a tough guy now (Note: i was with like 5 other people, my gf who was crying, and everyone just terrified). He then let me go and i got in the car and didn't say a freaking word for like 2 days.

The other times was when i was in JHS in Brooklyn, this cop would knock us down, throw us into walls from time to time. I personally hope he got hit by a truck and died.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #17
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It's not bad in NY at all now. People who want to whine about that should grow up when i did, when you'd get robbed, the cops would beat you up later, and the Mayor didn't care because he was scared of asking the police union to do work and of arresting a black person and causing a riot. So don't give me that. NYC does not have rogue cops going nuts all over. Yes, it has bad cops, but it also has MORE cops and MORE situations than anywhere, and if you look at the pct of complaints, its very low, lower than almost any other major city and we have less crime. So don't put me as a poster child for that. 2012 NY is not that.

If you want to know, time 1 i was on the beach and we were having a party and the cops said we should leave. I literally said "ok, sorry" and the cop said TOUGH GUY, Huh? threw me up against the car, and when i started complaining (frightened out of my mind) he put a gun up to my head and asked me if i thought i was a tough guy now (Note: i was with like 5 other people, my gf who was crying, and everyone just terrified). He then let me go and i got in the car and didn't say a freaking word for like 2 days.

The other times was when i was in JHS in Brooklyn, this cop would knock us down, throw us into walls from time to time. I personally hope he got hit by a truck and died

That's horrible man, I'm sorry you had to experince that. It's good to see that you have a mature outlook on the situation.

I don't live in NY but i've heard numerous stories through the media mostly of the un lawful police work in areas such as New York.

Glad to know it's not as bad as i previously had assumed.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #18
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
I have a gold card so I can't get tickets but it's just a hassle to deal with them do sometimes I get nervous. It's funny cause once I give them the gold card they get all nice after acting like a dick to me at first

In what world does a get out jail free card actually exist. I call bullsh!t
More like your uncle was a cop and gave you some old gold looking badge thing and said if you ever get pulled over just give them this, and went about his day laughing at the fact you believe it.

In ref to op, never get nervous because I drive correctly and within the law. I know people who get nervous in the very presence of the police even when they haven't done anything
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #19
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
That's horrible man, I'm sorry you had to experince that. It's good to see that you have a mature outlook on the situation.

I don't live in NY but i've heard numerous stories through the media mostly of the un lawful police work in areas such as New York.

Glad to know it's not as bad as i previously had assumed.
Don't get me wrong, there are legitimate complaints people have and legitimate bullshit that goes on. But people for some reason like to apply it in totality. When i was a kid, **** it was bad. Being a Puerto Rican growing up in NYC meant you were a criminal suspect.

It's sad because my son is half japanese (good looking kid, ten times better than me) and i'm somewhat happy he doesn't look totally spanish because i think he'll get hassled less in the back of my mind.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #20
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuppersGB
More like your uncle was a cop and gave you some old gold looking badge thing and said if you ever get pulled over just give them this, and went about his day laughing at the fact you believe it.

Seriously, I call BS too. The media would've been all over these gold cards.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Seriously, I call BS too. The media would've been all over these gold cards.

There are cards you show the police and they'll get you out of tickets. Not real crime, nor something ridiculous but out of tickets. **** yeah. Totally real.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #22
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
There are cards you show the police and they'll get you out of tickets. Not real crime, nor something ridiculous but out of tickets. **** yeah. Totally real.

The last time I checked speeding was a crime. It certainly is here in the UK and I'm damn sure it would be in the US
Old 08-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #23
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Reminded me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDCXzqgD99o
no pun intended is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #24
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
The last time I checked speeding was a crime. It certainly is here in the UK and I'm damn sure it would be in the US
you know what i mean
Old 08-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #25
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

Quote:
you know what i mean
Yeah
I just find it completely inconceivable that these 'get me off speeding ticket cards' even exist. I can't comment on the US but I know for fact that Police Officers in the UK get done for speeding all the time, even on duty.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #26
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yeah
I just find it completely inconceivable that these 'get me off speeding ticket cards' even exist. I can't comment on the US but I know for fact that Police Officers in the UK get done for speeding all the time, even on duty.

Its definitely true, or you get a yellow license plate and the cops will never stop you. Unfair but it exists.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #27
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you're not doing anything wrong you shouldn't feel nervous. I just turn up my music and keep it moving.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #28
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

Quote:

In ref to op, never get nervous because I drive correctly and within the law. I know people who get nervous in the very presence of the police even when they haven't done anything

If I murder someone, Im not gonna pull it out and show them it. Ive gotten pulled over 15+ plus times and I've shown them it and they just say to drive safe and I drive away. Me and both my sisters have never gotten a ticket. Not a big deal.
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #29
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

Quote:
Nothing personal but this is the kind of hypocrisy that makes most people dislike police.
No offense taken, I dont really like police either.
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #30
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

nope.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: