Dead Posters Society Discussion Thread: Lamb
1. Did you find Christopher Moore's rendering of The Bible satisfying?
2. Do you think Christ will have made it to adulthood without Biff?
3. Was Biff's fondness for Mary, mother of Christ, a subtle jab at The Catholic Church's veneration of Mary?
4. Did you recognize any moments in your own development as you heard the story of Christ's? Do you relate to the character of Josh? Does this story of "Josh" make you feel any differently about Jesus as a human being?
5. Did you find Josh's likening of Judaism's exclusion of Gentiles from The Kingdom of God to Hinduism caste system an apt comparison? Why? Why not?
6. Was using Biff as a sin avatar an qualify as Joshua committing a sin?
7. Were you offended by this book in any way? There's so much here that Moore could almost be called an "equal opportunity offender." Did you find that some parts bothered you, while others didn't? Did he go too far, in any way? Not far enough?
8. Cast this movie.
Last edited by Dasher : 08-20-2012 at 09:16 PM.