Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-25-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default What's up with Curry injury?

I wonder how bad it is and how long he will be out.

I noticed he started to jump more and try to rebound and even block shots.

I guess it was too much for his body since he never did that before and he hurt a part that has a lot to do with leaving your feet. I not kidding, I'm serious about that.

Anyway I hope we see Frye at center and Cato backing him up.

Please, please, please no Jerome James, Please no.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd rather see Nate at center before Jerome. He has one block on the arguable best Center in the League!!!!! Yao.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #3
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

The way the Knicks offence is designed, Curry's being out for any prolonged time will really hurt. If Marbury is also out it will be a double blow for the Knicks.

Yes Curry has been playing defence better; but I suspect that this is a normal injury -- rather than from doing too much.

Jerome James is a dud and Fry is no center. Kato is just a poor substitute -- but better than James. However, Lee and Rose probably will get more PT deservedly.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:45 PM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Curry is fine, i just read it wasn't that serious. Damn, Thank the lord. That scared the livin crap out of me if Jerome or Cato had to start some games until Curry came back. He said he doesn't want to be stupid about it though and hurt it even more. The most is he sits our tommorow vs Miami then he'll be ready.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Curry is an EGO Talented bum

Why are all of us lying to ourselves...Eddy isnt changing at all on Dfence..if he was trying he would of gotten more then 4 rebounds, 1 rebound and etc he never gets blocks accept in da begining of da heat game...the kid is talented but y should we revolve around a pure offensive center who can't defend a fence.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:15 PM   #6
LouV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LouV has an OK reputation so far
Default ....

Reading between the lines in today's NY Post article (which you have to do with Berman, because the obvious flies over his head), it seems that Curry's calf was feeling gingerly before he pulled it. They were taping it up and monitoring it earlier in the game. Finally it went.

That might explain the 1-rebound performance in the previous game, and the 4 rebounds in the game he got injured. He had been getting a bunch of 10 to 12 rebound games for a stretch there. If his calf was feeling not right, it would explain a lot.
LouV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:17 PM   #7
joshk
i clog mad toilets

joshk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Why are all of us lying to ourselves...Eddy isnt changing at all on Dfence..if he was trying he would of gotten more then 4 rebounds, 1 rebound and etc he never gets blocks accept in da begining of da heat game...the kid is talented but y should we revolve around a pure offensive center who can't defend a fence.

Maybe because hes turning out to be a great player and people want him to step it up on defense and reach the All-Star level. Hes shown that hes been trying harder latly so thats a start.
joshk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: