Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
BrickingStar
Banned

Default Re: Players that are labeled as (even if unfairly) chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainst
so going 17ppg in the finals while you avg like 27 ppg in the regular season is not choking? Oh of course, it MUST be 100% the other team's defense.

Read my WHOLE post to the end. I specifically mention either dropping in overall production or missing crucial shots/plays.
So facing the best team in the west suddendly has a dip from averages in the weak east who knew So kobe has missed more clutch shots BY far morse then he has made is he a choker? Actually this year series against OKC he alone choked an entire game away by himself
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #17
riseagainst
Lebron fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
Have you read some of you're post retard? You've clearly become a dick riding kobe stan good thing ISH brought the negs back it did justice have retards like you walking in red so we can steer safe from your kind.

so what I wrote about choking implies that a person is a Kobe Stan?
nice job going off topic when you obviously didn't read what I wrote and just wrote a bunch of messy personal insults because you hate Kobe and I like him.
This thread isn't even about him. Nice. But looks like someone's mad.
I don't care about the reps because they are downvoted by people with difference of opinions anyway. It's funny I actually post relevant info while morons like you post personal insults, yet I'm getting downvoted. But of course the rep system is what we should all go by when judging a person.

It's your* btw, but of course I'm the retard.

have fun responding to this. only proves you are an idiot.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #18
riseagainst
Lebron fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
So facing the best team in the west suddendly has a dip from averages in the weak east who knew So kobe has missed more clutch shots BY far morse then he has made is he a choker? Actually this year series against OKC he alone choked an entire game away by himself

that's not worse than Lebron's finals though. So you have failed. Nice try.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #19
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

One more thing that's been coming up a lot lately...people calling the 04 Lakers a bunch of losers because they lost...IN THE FINALS. Meaning they beat every other fvcking team in the tougher conference, including their biggest rival of that decade, the Spurs. You know, the OTHER team that was wining all the rings that decade.

Yeah, their loss to the Pistons was an embarrassment, but calling that team a complete failure just shows how retarded your typical poster on ISH is.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #20
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Lebron is still in his prime. We aren't sure how his legacy will end up when all is said and done. KBlaze made a good point the other day. No one brings up this stuff when talking about champions after they retire. How often do you hear the 84 Finals brought up when talking about Magic? Or how Hakeem lost in the 1st round 8 times? Larry Bird losing with homecourt several times, Scalabrine being 1-3 in NBA Finals, etc. Honestly, this is the only place I see Wilt getting hated on.

Last edited by SilkkTheShocker : 08-22-2012 at 01:39 PM.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
but he lost with a better player then himself against the pistons in the finals You almost act like lebrons career is anywhere near over
I'll quote a legendary poet from our time

BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #22
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Lebron is still in his prime. We aren't sure how his legacy will end up when all is said and done. KBlaze made a good point the other day. No one brings up this stuff when talking about champions after they retire. How often do you hear the 84 Finals brought up when talking about Magic? Or how Hakeem lost in the 1st round 8 times? Larry Bird losing with homecourt several times, Scalabrine being 1-3 in NBA Finals, etc. Honestly, this is the only place I see Wilt getting hated on.

Surprisingly, this has come up a bunch of times here.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #23
LamarOdom
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue

I miss your old avy.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #24
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Quote:

I assuming its in a jlauber thread....
Old 08-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #25
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Quote:

I don't think any denies Lebron's 2011 Finals is a blackmark on his career. But his legacy is far from over. The OP is obviously pushing his agenda by putting Lebron with a bunch of players that retired already.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #26
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
but that's not choking. If you lose in the first round, you just wasn't good enough in the first place. But to make it all the way to the finals and then drop off significantly in production or missing crucial shots/freethrows is definitely choking.

Yes, I agree, all players should just lose in the first round in the playoffs on purpose, because then fans like you will just say "Eh, they weren't good enough anyway".

So I will now relay this information to LA and Miami next year...that if Kobe, Dwight, Lebron, and Wade care about their legacies, they will lose in the first round of the playoffs next year.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #27
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdom
I miss your old avy.

I fell in love with Kareem's disgust over Kobe's championship. Maybe I'll change it back at some point.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #28
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

ISH where if you lose in the finals your a choker.
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #29
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

Quote:
ISH logic is maddeningly stupid. People here legitimately believe that being undefeated in the finals makes a player better than another player who's gotten to MORE finals, but has one less ring or whatever. I actually saw someone make a case that Magic's career wasn't that great, because even though he got to the finals 9 times, he "only" won 5. Motherfvcker, name one other player not named Bill Russell who did that.
I understand that aspect of it, which of course should be brought into attention.. but that's why I didn't include players like Magic and Kareem... who between them have gone to something like 20 Finals appearances... it's one thing when you've just gone to a lot of finals (kobe 7 finals appearances, Magic 9, Kareem 11?) but it's another when you've by far got a losing record in the Finals (Malone 0-2, Lebron 1-2, Wilt 2-9)

Quote:
I fell in love with Kareem's disgust over Kobe's championship. Maybe I'll change it back at some point.

I like your new avy better. Kareem is one of the most hilariously sarcastic/stoic figures in all of sports. That's totally a face that he would pull if he saw one of his rivals get a ring. He's also one of the most educated athletes as well, or at least one of the most well-spoken/well-written players in the league.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #30
riseagainst
Lebron fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
Yes, I agree, all players should just lose in the first round in the playoffs on purpose, because then fans like you will just say "Eh, they weren't good enough anyway".

So I will now relay this information to LA and Miami next year...that if Kobe, Dwight, Lebron, and Wade care about their legacies, they will lose in the first round of the playoffs next year.

U forgot the part where I said "significant drop in production." It doesn't even have to be in the finals, if you don't play up to your usual standards then you choked. If you don't agree with that then may God help you.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: