Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #31
riseagainst
Lebron fan

riseagainst has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Players that are labeled as (even if unfairly) chokers

you can tell who the illiterate lebrontards are in this thread just by seeing who responded to my first post negatively.
learn to read the whole post before you make a fool outta yourself.
riseagainst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #32
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by get these NETS

choker is about wilting in big spots to lose titles

The key word is "Wilting" -> also known as pulling a Wilt -> choking in big moments.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #33
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
ISH logic is maddeningly stupid. People here legitimately believe that being undefeated in the finals makes a player better than another player who's gotten to MORE finals, but has one less ring or whatever. I actually saw someone make a case that Magic's career wasn't that great, because even though he got to the finals 9 times, he "only" won 5. Motherfvcker, name one other player not named Bill Russell who did that.

Quoted for truth. ISH is a funny place apparently being sent home early in the playoffs is better than reaching the finals multiple times, but not always winning. Who knew
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #34
bballnoob1192
Born again Cavs fan

bballnoob1192 has no real reputation yet.

here is a good example that i can think of regarding this argument

DH 2011 vs hawks lost in the first round as the favorite
his reg season stats: 23/14
playoff stats: 27/15.5

vs.

Lebron 2011 reg season: 27/7/7.5
Lebron Playoffs 2011: 24/6/8
Lebron Finals 2011: 17/7/6

DH12 lost in the first round as a favorite, but he raised his game above his regular season performance.
Lebron lost in the finals as the favorite, but he dropped off significantly in stats and performance. (and yes stats and performance is two different thing IMO)

Who choked more?? ISH??
bballnoob1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #35
po3try
Go Clippers!

po3try has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
ISH logic is maddeningly stupid. People here legitimately believe that being undefeated in the finals makes a player better than another player who's gotten to MORE finals, but has one less ring or whatever. I actually saw someone make a case that Magic's career wasn't that great, because even though he got to the finals 9 times, he "only" won 5. Motherfvcker, name one other player not named Bill Russell who did that.

I agree.
po3try is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #36
po3try
Go Clippers!

po3try has not been impressing people

Lebron is not labeled as a choker, people are only expecting him to never have a bad game and be better than Jordan or something, expectations on Lebron is more than on any player in NBA history to be honest, we are kindof spoiled with Lebrons clutch plays and numbers, anything less and he choked.
po3try is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #37
longtime lurker

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
here is a good example that i can think of regarding this argument

DH 2011 vs hawks lost in the first round as the favorite
his reg season stats: 23/14
playoff stats: 27/15.5

vs.

Lebron 2011 reg season: 27/7/7.5
Lebron Playoffs 2011: 24/6/8
Lebron Finals 2011: 17/7/6

DH12 lost in the first round as a favorite, but he raised his game above his regular season performance.
Lebron lost in the finals as the favorite, but he dropped off significantly in stats and performance. (and yes stats and performance is two different thing IMO)

Who choked more?? ISH??

Well anyone that's not an insane Lebron dickrider or idiot knows that Lebron choked in the 2011 finals. But I at the same time I don't think anyone considers Howard a choker, a choke job is when you're an 1 seed losing to an 8 seed or completely failing to show up in the finals(I'm looking at you James Harden)
Old 08-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #38
bballnoob1192
Born again Cavs fan

bballnoob1192 has no real reputation yet.

well of course lebron choked in 2011. i am just showing that to show that choking can occur in any round of the playoffs whether the first round or the finals. If you perform like lebron did thats choking even if he had won that series against dallas with that statline and performance people would still consider him accuse him of choking
bballnoob1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #39
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Well anyone that's not an insane Lebron dickrider or idiot knows that Lebron choked in the 2011 finals. But I at the same time I don't think anyone considers Howard a choker, a choke job is when you're an 1 seed losing to an 8 seed or completely failing to show up in the finals(I'm looking at you James Harden)
RRR3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #40
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
ISH where if you lose in the finals your a choker.

Why do people keep bringing this up? It's not about losing in the Finals, it's the context of how you lost. Was your production noticeably lower in the Finals? Did you miss game winning free throws? Did you miss wide open shots in a Game 7? Or were you simply beaten by a better team?

That's the ****ing difference. You people are being facetious just for the sake of being facetious. Did Durant "choke" in this past NBA Finals because he lost? No, the man scored 31 PPG on 55% shooting, something to that effect if not exactly that. Did LeBron "choke" in the 2011 NBA Finals because he lost? Yes, because he averaged under 20 points per game when he typically averaged around 30 PPG that season, and hardly scored any points in the fourth quarters.

Does it really have to be broken down? If you lose in the first round, of course it should be considered more of a failure than losing in the Finals. BUT IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS WHY YOUR TEAM LOST IN THE FINALS, then obviously the lost is more significant.
BlackVVaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #41
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Why do people keep bringing this up? It's not about losing in the Finals, it's the context of how you lost. Was your production noticeably lower in the Finals? Did you miss game winning free throws? Did you miss wide open shots in a Game 7? Or were you simply beaten by a better team?

That's the ****ing difference. You people are being facetious just for the sake of being facetious. Did Durant "choke" in this past NBA Finals because he lost? No, the man scored 31 PPG on 55% shooting, something to that effect if not exactly that. Did LeBron "choke" in the 2011 NBA Finals because he lost? Yes, because he averaged under 20 points per game when he typically averaged around 30 PPG that season, and hardly scored any points in the fourth quarters.

Does it really have to be broken down? If you lose in the first round, of course it should be considered more of a failure than losing in the Finals. BUT IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS WHY YOUR TEAM LOST IN THE FINALS, then obviously the lost is more significant.
chill out son 'taint healthy to be so mad
RRR3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #42
longtime lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3

I don't know why but this made me

Well played
Old 08-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #43
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
chill out son 'taint healthy to be so mad

I'm not mad, just dancing
BlackVVaves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #44
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
Wilt: Lost in 5+ NBA finals, the majority of which was to Russell and the Celtics. Was a frontrunner during his Laker days.
Wilt lost in 4 NBA Finals.

1964 and 1969 are the only NBA Finals where he played against Russell's Celtics. He lost both times.

1967 - Won, vs San Francisco Warriors
1970 - Lost to New York Knicks
1972 - Won, vs New York Knicks
1973 - Lost to New York Knicks
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #45
joeyjoejoe
High School Starter

joeyjoejoe has an OK reputation so far

Please click one of the barkley, drexler but the biggest would be baylor and even jerry west, i know west and drexler ended up with rings by becoming superteams in their twilight
joeyjoejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: