Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year
 
kennethgriffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,319
kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

this is how the average debate with an ISH poster usually goes

-------------------------------------------------

what makes shaq better than kobe for the 7th best player all time?


= "MOST DOMINANT EVER YO! NO ONE MATCHES HIS PEAK PLAY"


then why isnt he ranked #1 all time. whyd you rank jordan/wilt/bird/kareem/russell/magic ahead of him?

= "BECAUSE THEIR CAREERS ARE BETTER THAN SHAQS"


shaqs career is better than wilts


= "BECAUSE WILT IS THE MOST DOMINANT EVER!"


i thought shaq was the MDE?


= "HE IS!.... WHEN COMPARED TO KOBE HE IS!"


so what is it? careers or primes? is it MJ, Russell, Kareem #1,2,3 or is it Wilt/Shaq/Hakeem as the 1,2,3 best players ever. because you cant change the criteria based on how you want your favorite players to be ranked all time


= "WE DONT CHANGE!"



then you have to put kobe over wilt and shaq. because you put jordan, bird, magic, kareem, russell over wilt and shaq based on having better overall careers



= "SHAQ AND WILT WERE WAY MORE DOMINANT IN THEIR ABSOLUTE PRIME THOUGH!"


yea.... they were also way more dominant in their absolute prime than jordan, bird, kareem, russell, and magic

if there was an all time draft on primes...youd probably have shaq, wilt, hakeem, oscar all go with the first 4 picks


= "NO WAY! I'D PICK JORDAN OVER SHAQ AND WILT!


but i thought wilt and shaq were the MDE in their primes?


= "THEY ARE! IDIOT!"






---------------------------------------

can the mods please shut down these player ranking threads. its obviously an agenda driven bias trolling thread to piss off us laker/kobe fans
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
BrickingStar
Banned
 
BrickingStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,214
BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

Can the mods please ban this f@got who has lost his mind


BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year
 
kennethgriffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,319
kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
Can the mods please ban this f@got who has lost his mind


you're mad you and your trolls got exposed

a bunch of idiots with multiple accounts trolling kobe fans... you got exposed last night and you look dumb today with this thread aswell because you see how much of fraud these voting polls are going

its just a massive troll on kobe fans
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,699
kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

Kobe apostles are helpless.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
Colbertnation64
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 290
Colbertnation64 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

I'd probably pick Shaq and Wilt then Jordan in an all time draft.
Colbertnation64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
BrickingStar
Banned
 
BrickingStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,214
BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
you're mad you and your trolls got exposed

a bunch of idiots with multiple accounts trolling kobe fans... you got exposed last night and you look dumb today with this thread aswell because you see how much of fraud these voting polls are going

its just a massive troll on kobe fans
Since you've lost touch with reality with don't you stick with that idea and stop posting essays that no one is reading. You're clearly mad.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Nevaeh
National High School Star
 
Nevaeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,170
Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

Griff, this is ISH, where top 10 lists pretty much change every 6 months. After Lebron wins title 2 next year he'll be going into certain peep's top 10 lists as well.

It's like having a favorite movie. Certain people will tell you your favorite movie sucks, or is not that great sometimes. All that really matters though, is how you feel about the movie.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
AlonzoGOAT
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,272
AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh
Griff, this is ISH, where top 10 lists pretty much change every 6 months. After Lebron wins title 2 next year he'll be going into certain peep's top 10 lists as well.

It's like having a favorite movie. Certain people will tell you your favorite movie sucks, or is not that great sometimes. All that really matters though, is how you feel about the movie.
AKA deluding himself this is hilarious
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #9
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,963
BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

Only read the first two paragraphs, as you're a retard.

But, those paragraphs have somewhat of a point.

The same people who voted Bird over Wilt, go back and vote Shaq over Kobe.

Very strange indeed. Because, if the criteria one would have to use to justify Bird being a better player than Wilt was being used (3 rings > 2 rings, 2 FMVPs > 1 FMVP) than those same people would vote Kobe over Shaq (5 rings > 4 rings. 2 rings after they split > 1 ring after they split).

So yes, that's strange and unfortunate. Alot of those same people hate Kobe though, so not much of a surprise. And, when there are little 14 year old posters like yourself running around with Kobe's genitals in your mouth everytime you talk, it makes it that much easier for them to desire to discredit the man.

And by the way, regardless of the reasoning. I've seen you say Kobe is Top 5 All Time. There's no amount of rationale that can justify that. So, you're whining is almost obsolete.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #10
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year
 
kennethgriffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,319
kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbertnation64
I'd probably pick Shaq and Wilt then Jordan in an all time draft.


exactly... so why is it in these all time voting threads its just turning out to be one big troll on kobe and his fans?

mods need to delete all of these dumb threads. its causing problems because a few people and their multiple accounts are just changing criteria based on how they can get as many people ahead of kobe on the list just to piss his fans off


all the same people voted jordan, russell, magic, bird, kareem over wilt and shaq.


then the minute kobes next in line based on the career formula.... they all of a sudden change to "WE'RE VOTING ON PRIMES NOW. CAREERS DONT MATTER."


its creating drama and needless hatred


they should stick to their criteria


if they voted the entire thing based on the current critera... Shaq and Wilt would go #1 and #2


its basically become a favorite player thread

and making 5-6 favorite player troll threads a day is starting to p*ss me off. because theyre enviting kobe fans in just to troll us. its an agenda thread with a false title. should be deleted
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
swag2011
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 831
swag2011 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

C'mon man you already know how it goes around here. Shaq is Mr Dominant of All time, then why isn't he top 5? Cause the guys above him have better careers. So you make a rational argument as to why Kobe has a better career than Shaq, but it doesn't count lol. Funny how that works huh?

Now i'm not saying i agree that kobe should be higher than him, but it's clear how many hypocrites are on ISH. At least be consistent with the stuff you say.
swag2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,963
BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

No KobeGriffey, you should be deleted
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
Colbertnation64
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 290
Colbertnation64 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
exactly... so why is it in these all time voting threads its just turning out to be one big troll on kobe and his fans?

mods need to delete all of these dumb threads. its causing problems because a few people and their multiple accounts are just changing criteria based on how they can get as many people ahead of kobe on the list just to piss his fans off


all the same people voted jordan, russell, magic, bird, kareem over wilt and shaq.


then the minute kobes next in line based on the career formula.... they all of a sudden change to "WE'RE VOTING ON PRIMES NOW. CAREERS DONT MATTER."


its creating drama and needless hatred


they should stick to their criteria


if they voted the entire thing based on the current critera... Shaq and Wilt would go #1 and #2


its basically become a favorite player thread

and making 5-6 favorite player troll threads a day is starting to p*ss me off. because theyre enviting kobe fans in just to troll us. its an agenda thread with a false title. should be deleted
They're just mad man. It's hard for them to let another Laker into the top 10 when there's already Shaq, Wilt and Kareem. Then in the top 20 we got guys like West and Baylor.

Let them have their fun because we're starting a 3 peat this year anyways. When Kobe has 8 titles we'll just laugh at any of their arguments.
Colbertnation64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #14
BrickingStar
Banned
 
BrickingStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,214
BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Only read the first two paragraphs, as you're a retard.

But, those paragraphs have somewhat of a point.

The same people who voted Bird over Wilt, go back and vote Shaq over Kobe.

Very strange indeed. Because, if the criteria one would have to use to justify Bird being a better player than Wilt was being used (3 rings > 2 rings, 2 FMVPs > 1 FMVP) than those same people would vote Kobe over Shaq (5 rings > 4 rings. 2 rings after they split > 1 ring after they split).

So yes, that's strange and unfortunate. Alot of those same people hate Kobe though, so not much of a surprise. And, when there are little 14 year old posters like yourself running around with Kobe's genitals in your mouth everytime you talk, it makes it that much easier for them to desire to discredit the man.

And by the way, regardless of the reasoning. I've seen you say Kobe is Top 5 All Time. There's no amount of rationale that can justify that. So, you're whining is almost obsolete.

Only retards taking rings as the main reason to account and how bill russel is over Magic is ****ing insane for that matter bird needed to be right behind magic and making wilt a lock for 6th. As for Shaq over kobe that isn't much of an upset at all
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #15
KG215
NBA Legend
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,816
KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: are the people who voted shaq the 7th best player ever hypocrites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
you're mad you and your trolls got exposed

a bunch of idiots with multiple accounts trolling kobe fans... you got exposed last night and you look dumb today with this thread aswell because you see how much of fraud these voting polls are going

its just a massive troll on kobe fans



So because your favorite player doesn't get voted in as high as you want, you have to start a thread crying about how it's a joke, and ask for it to be shut down? How old are you? Because you seem to have the intellectual maturity level of a 12 year old.

You do nothing but go around pushing your Kobe agenda and no one other than the other Kobe stans takes anything you say seriously. Who honestly cares if he gets voted top #7 or #8 in a meaningless message board poll? Does it really upset you that much? Does being voted one or two spots higher by some message board NBA fans really mean that much to you?

I know this will fall on deaf ears, because you have your mind made up and have been working to push Kobe as top 5 all-time for over a month now, but there's not this huge gap between Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, and Hakeem like you seem to believe. You could vote for any of those four at #7 all-time and I and many others wouldn't have a problem with it.

And you know how you like to push Kobe's career resume and use that as your basis for ranking him higher? Well, other people like to use prime/peak play and career resume. Just because others are using a different criteria than you to make their vote doesn't mean they're wrong.

And I'm going to go out on a limb and say posters like AlphaWolf24, swag2011, LakersReign, Iron Fist, and WeGetRing2012 will be about the only ones who come in here to back you up and defend you.

Last edited by KG215 : 08-22-2012 at 01:04 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy