Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #16
swag2011
High School Starter

swag2011 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: In 10 years, Kobe will be a consensus top 5 all-time, Lebron ? in 15.

I kinda agree, all stanning aside. I think people will respect him more when he's gone and actually sit back and look at his resume, which is worthy of being close if not top 5 imo. It's too much hate right now, but when's he's gone reality will set in.
swag2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #17
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: In 10 years, Kobe will be a consensus top 5 all-time, Lebron ? in 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punpun
Well, I know for a fact most people don't put Bird above Kobe. And this is NOW. It will only continue to increase. Who would you put above Kobe ? There will be Jordan at #1. Then you have Magic that will stay. Russell too. Kaj can interchange with Magic. And that's it. That leaves one spot for Kobe. Which will be even more easily gained if he can get another ring.

Then, Lebron time will come.

But Kobe has to be retired for 6+years.
Depends what you mean by most people. Most casual fans I talk to have him in their top 3, most fans I talk to that have researched the game, have him somewhere in their top 10's usually below guys like Bird and Magic.

I doubt Kobe will be consensus top 5 among people who sit at analyze the game. The only people I put above Kobe are people who I feel dominated at a higher level than him, and that's only a handful of players, which is why he's right in my top 10.

The media's presentation of a player will always be different than the perception of Hardcore fans. A guy like Reggie Miller is a perfect example, both the media and casual fans make him out to be a GOD, whiles most Hardcore fans realize he wasn't even better than Ray Allen.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #18
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Your perception of Wilt has only changed because you post on Insidehoops where Jlaube did his best effort to make sure everyone hates Wilt. It's not the perception people have about him elsewhere. That's because someone took to himself to reopen a close subject, thus breaking the consensus reached everywhere that isn't insidehoops today.

Believe me, perception will change. Heck MJ gets more and more untouchable as the #1, the more time pass.

No, you're actually showing the massive flaws that come with making big assumptions. I've actually ranked both Russell and Wilt higher than Kareem, as a result of appreciating him more because of posters like Jlauber.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #19
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Punpun has not been impressing people

See, you aren't part of the consensus anymore. As Jlauber broke the consensus. Wether you are an "hardcore" fan or a "casual" fan, a consensus is always reached some years after a player retires. And the consensus for great player is ALWAYS good.

You doubt that ? Well, I don't doubt it.
Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #20
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected poster

Not with what he has accomplished thus far, and this is coming from a Kobe fan.

If he plays at this level two more years, then everybody should definitely put him above Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq, and Wilt (IMO, already above some of them), which would mean top-5 or 6.

If he wins two more rings? Definitely top-3, probably #2.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #21
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus
Not with what he has accomplished thus far, and this is coming from a Kobe fan.

If he plays at this level two more years, then everybody should definitely put him above Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq, and Wilt (IMO, already above some of them), which would mean top-5 or 6.

If he wins two more rings? Definitely top-3, probably #2.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #22
INDI
Local High School Star

INDI has no real reputation yet.

Ultimately I feel Kobe will stop at 5, with magic at 4th. My question is this, is there anyway Kobe ever is considered better than magic? The reason I ask is because after the 2010 championship, magic said On live tv that he felt Kobe was better than him. I don't agree but how can u go against a statement like that when.its coming from the player himself?
INDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #23
riseagainst
Banned

riseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDI
Ultimately I feel Kobe will stop at 5, with magic at 4th. My question is this, is there anyway Kobe ever is considered better than magic? The reason I ask is because after the 2010 championship, magic said On live tv that he felt Kobe was better than him. I don't agree but how can u go against a statement like that when.its coming from the player himself?

Some would say it's for marketing reasons or Magic was just being humble.
But my question is:
was Magic asked by someone: "Do you think Kobe is better than you?"
or did Magic just simply state that Kobe is better than him in a Kobe discussion circle?

because the context of that statement could simply narrow the reasons down to: 1. marketing and 2. what he really thinks
riseagainst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #24
INDI
Local High School Star

INDI has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainst
Some would say it's for marketing reasons or Magic was just being humble.
But my question is:
was Magic asked by someone: "Do you think Kobe is better than you?"
or did Magic just simply state that Kobe is better than him in a Kobe discussion circle?

because the context of that statement could simply narrow the reasons down to: 1. marketing and 2. what he really thinks

It was on TNT and no no one asked him. I can say though that he was giving one of those excited thoughts so maybe misspoke but what he said exactly is that "Kobe was absolutely the greatest laker of alltime". I definitely don't think he thought Kobe was better than Jabbar or wilt but maybe that Kobe spent his whole career with the lakers so he had more rights to the title "best laker". My thing is that magic also spent his entire career with the lakers so I'm thinking it was also him giving Kobe the nod without saying it.
INDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #25
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

In 10 years LeBron could have solidified himself as the NBA's all time leading scorer, have 10,000 assists, and 10,000 rebounds making him the only player in history to have 10/10. There is no way that we know how the rest of LeBron's career goes at this point. Does he win another title, or does he win 3 more. Does he win 1 more MVP, or 4 more. We don't know...

For Kobe we can basically guess how his career is going to go (according to your assumption that he will retire in 2 years). End up around 33,000 points, 5 titles (maybe 6), 1x MVP.

Kobe's resume imo is not top 5 but solidly top 7 (with another title).

LeBron's on the other hand could be anywhere from 1 title to 5 (or more), 3 MVP's to 7 (he will be a contender every single year until he is into his 30's like Kobe was). He could end it off with 40,000 points, or 30,000. He could total 7,000 assists/rebounds or 10,000+. He has so much time left to play in the NBA that we will have no idea what his career peak is until he is around Kobe's age which is 6 years away at this point. In that 6 years he could be over 30k in points, or he could get injured.

If LeBron's career continues as is without another title/MVP then he is solidified in the top 15, but there is a pretty good chance that he will get a few more of those.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #26
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Lebron is already top 11....
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #27
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here

only LA fans will think this. No way Kobe is above Bird
ralph_i_el is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #28
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
That is, if he retires in 2 years. The "Kobe" subject is still a debate way too hot to handle. Too many egos all over the net. But in 10 years ? In 10 years, all the fuss about Kobe will have settled down. There will be without a doubt new HUGE TALENTS to classify.

And thus, players like Kobe, and Lebron 10 years later as he won't have retired for a long enough time, will be seen as top 5. It's 100% certified. Kobe moreso than Lebron as Lebron has yet to truly cements himself and get all the accolades needed.

This is the truth. A beautiful truth.

That is pure retardation bro.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #29
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Fair or unfair , Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron will be the consensus top 3 ever by the general public sooner or later with Kobe or Lebron as 2nd or 3rd. Durant might be in that mix as well.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #30
Jax
Great young streetballer

Jax is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Lebron is the best player in the league since 2007. Pretty sure Kobe's irrelevance is gonna continue till he retires, sidekick superstar to Shaq, then Gasol, now DH.
Lebron will be remembered for having more finals mvp's than Kobe though.
Kobe will never even be ranked higher than Shaq, period. Not now, not when he retires,not in 10 years, NEVER.
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: