Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!

LongLiveTheKing is considered somewhat coolLongLiveTheKing is considered somewhat cool
Default NBA Live 13 First Gameplay Footage

http://kotaku.com/5936592/it-lives-h...om-nba-live-13
Wow this looks horrible, looks like it'll be 2k13 for me.
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Haymaker
College star

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation
Default Re: NBA Live 13 First Gameplay Footage

EA should just throw in the towel.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wow...
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

EA just doesn't know how to make a good, or even decent basketball game. It's that simple.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
strifed169
National High School Star

strifed169 is considered somewhat coolstrifed169 is considered somewhat cool

Why do they even bother? isn't it obvious that EA reigns supreme in football and 2K in basketball? its not even close lol
strifed169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Like I said in the thread last week, 2K has been the superior game between the two arguably since 2006, definitely since 2007. And, it will remain that way until EA just waves the white flag.

Stick to Madden.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by strifed169
Why do they even bother? isn't it obvious that EA reigns supreme in football and 2K in basketball? its not even close lol

lol when you have an exclusive license, it's hard not to reign supreme
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #8
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by strifed169
isn't it obvious that EA reigns supreme in football

Absolutely not. 2K makes far better football games. All Pro Football 2K8 completely destroys Madden 12 in terms of gameplay, and that game came out 5 ****ing years ago.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
CavaliersFTW
NBA All-star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
http://kotaku.com/5936592/it-lives-h...om-nba-live-13
Wow this looks horrible, looks like it'll be 2k13 for me.
they look like mannequins and move like they skatin on ice
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
Nero Tulip
Local High School Star

Nero Tulip has decent reputation

2K13 looks amazing. Looks like they really fixed a lot of issues with the previous game. I wonder who the hell is going to buy this one.
Nero Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #11
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Shit looks like 2K on PS2...or 2K12 online on PC.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #12
jongib369
National High School Star

jongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputation

The video they are showing is a pre alpha version...like one commenter said

"It's like looking at cake batter and saying, "Hey that's not a cake! OMGFAILEASUX!""

Although Live was the shit back in the day, no way in hell I'm not picking up 2k13
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #13
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Well it should look horrible at this point. Instead of working on the live 10 engine which was a solid base, and one of the biggest leaps from 09 to 10, they decide to redo everything and have a completley differnt game for 2011, and it clearly didn't pay off.

The Important part is they have to release a game, and build up from it. 2k's nba game is a heavyweight just like Ea's Nhl, and it's impossible to expect to compete in one year, it has to be a long term project in which they build up a base rather than just restarting everytime their game doesn't sell as much as 2k.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

My eyes...
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #15
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Madden would be a much better game if it actually had competion, it's blatently clearly that the team has gotten complacent.

I think what that poster should have said, is simply that Ea has dominated NHL games to the point where 2k discontinued the franchise because of lack of sales, similar to what 2k Basketball did to nba elite in 11/12.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: