Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Concerned: Are we BIG enough?

I realize we are loaded with talent and experience... well done Mitch!!!

BUT:

our last two rings were primarily because of the combination of KB
and our THREE BIGS (Pau, Drew, Lamar)... that was an amazing front
line rotation...

I know Pau and Dwight will play most of the minutes, but my question
is whether or not Hill and Sacre are equal to Lamar's contribution?

I started thinking about this when looking at BOS's lineup... (hoping they
can beat MIA (my least fav team))..... they have:

Bass 6'8"
Colins 7'
Garnett 6' 11"
Melo 7'
Millicic 7'
Sullinger 6'9"
Wilcox 6' 10"
Green 6' 9"

That's a lot of frickin' BIGS!!! with 6 fouls each... they could put
us on the line all night......

Wouldn't another talented C or PF really help us?

just thinking out loud.....
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Concerned: Are we BIG enough?

We're more than big enough.

Pau 7 feet
Howard 6'11
Sacre 7 feet
Clark athletic 6'10
Hill 6'10
Aguilar 7'1
Somogyi 7'3

We're very long as a team.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
We're more than big enough.

Pau 7 feet
Howard 6'11
Sacre 7 feet
Clark athletic 6'10
Hill 6'10
Aguilar 7'1
Somogyi 7'3

We're very long as a team.

I don't even know those last two... take them out and replace them
with a real talent and I will feel much better...
Old 10-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This should not be the least bit of an issue with anyone. We have Dwight and Pau as starters. Thats all you need....even if there were no backups.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
This should not be the least bit of an issue with anyone. We have Dwight and Pau as starters. Thats all you need....even if there were no backups.

I respectfully disagree. We NEED to add another QUALITY big man, we need to have backup if Dwight gets hurt or if we want to keep him fresh for the playoffs....and Pau.....we need to have backup in case he gets his period in the playoffs again for the 3rd straight year

I have been pushing for us to sign Birdman.......he's available at the vet's minimum. He plays all out, runs the floor, can shoot, finish inside, plays solid defense....and is not the least bit afraid of contact.

What if Hill's back continues to be an issue, or flares up in the playoffs?
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I respectfully disagree. We NEED to add another QUALITY big man, we need to have backup if Dwight gets hurt or if we want to keep him fresh for the playoffs....and Pau.....we need to have backup in case he gets his period in the playoffs again for the 3rd straight year

I have been pushing for us to sign Birdman.......he's available at the vet's minimum. He plays all out, runs the floor, can shoot, finish inside, plays solid defense....and is not the least bit afraid of contact.

We already got scorers off the bench so if we need to add another big man, its not something we need to invest much into. We already got all that. Jordan Hill was the perfect one to me anyways.

The way I see it, our big man situation is like our guard situation. Either Kobe OR Nash can share time with the second unit. So I think Dwight and Pau can also switch off. No?
Old 10-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #7
DKLaker

Quote:
We already got scorers off the bench so if we need to add another big man, its not something we need to invest much into. We already got all that. Jordan Hill was the perfect one to me anyways.

The way I see it, our big man situation is like our guard situation. Either Kobe OR Nash can share time with the second unit. So I think Dwight and Pau can also switch off. No?

Birdman has said he would sign for the absolute minimum....wouldn't cost us much at all....and he can really play.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #8
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:

EXACTLY!!!

Boston nearly beat MIA last year, but they lacked depth at the PF and C
spots... Now they are loaded in those positions and might beat them this
year... We need to have a bit more depth especially at C... Birdman
would be a great pickup!!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:

Lakerfreak.... everyone respects your opinions but you seem caught up
in the talent improvement of the team this year and have forgotten
what won us the last two rings... It was the combination of the great
frontline (Pau, Drew, Lamar) and Kobe. I see a much better bench
than last year, but we didn't win last year. As DK says, what if Hill's
back becomes a real issue.. then all we have are rookies to back up
Pau and Dwight....

That's a concern.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #10
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:

Birdman has said he would sign for the absolute minimum....wouldn't cost us much at all....and he can really play.

I agree 100%.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
Lakerfreak.... everyone respects your opinions but you seem caught up
in the talent improvement of the team this year and have forgotten
what won us the last two rings... It was the combination of the great
frontline (Pau, Drew, Lamar) and Kobe. I see a much better bench
than last year, but we didn't win last year. As DK says, what if Hill's
back becomes a real issue.. then all we have are rookies to back up
Pau and Dwight....

That's a concern.

Well then it wouldn't hurt to sign just any cheap dude out there just in case Something does go wrong with Jordan Hill. Jordan Hill can play the center position and the PF position equally.

Im a big endorser of hiring within the company. Sacre looks good playing with Nash for example. Nash can make any person look good, which is why I think anyone would be fine for the bill.

I just read from DK that Birdman wouldn't mind for the minimum, but then again, at this age, is the a reason teams haven't been going for Andersen? Perhaps he cannot contribute as much at this age.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
Well then it wouldn't hurt to sign just any cheap dude out there just in case Something does go wrong with Jordan Hill. Jordan Hill can play the center position and the PF position equally.

Im a big endorser of hiring within the company. Sacre looks good playing with Nash for example. Nash can make any person look good, which is why I think anyone would be fine for the bill.

I just read from DK that Birdman wouldn't mind for the minimum, but then again, at this age, is the a reason teams haven't been going for Andersen? Perhaps he cannot contribute as much at this age.

We are NOT talking about signing just some cheap dude out there.....that would be pointless. We are talking about a guy who can really play and play very well......and has proven himself in the NBA.

Use your head....don't make the same argument you made against Gerald Green last year......just because he hasn't signed elsewhere doesn't mean he can't play. He has been accused of a crime and that is likely scaring teams away from him.....He wants to win a ring....so maybe he turned down lesser teams too. We need him, he needs us........get it done Mitch!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:30 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
We are NOT talking about signing just some cheap dude out there.....that would be pointless. We are talking about a guy who can really play and play very well......and has proven himself in the NBA.

Use your head....don't make the same argument you made against Gerald Green last year......just because he hasn't signed elsewhere doesn't mean he can't play. He has been accused of a crime and that is likely scaring teams away from him.....He wants to win a ring....so maybe he turned down lesser teams too. We need him, he needs us........get it done Mitch!!!!!!

Let me focus on that very last line

Quote:
We need him, he needs us......

I do not think we "need" him. So long as Jordan Hill can play, we will be fine. What the lakers have done in the past is they kept a roster spot open, just in case someone else out there gets cut, we can pick him up. If something heaven forbid happened to one of our big 3, we can then keep our options open.

Its just not too big of an issue....thats all im saying. We really really don't need him. We want him maybe, sure.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Remember we also do have Jamison at 6'9 who can also play the the four off the bench.

Look nobody will replace Lamar and his skill set and what he meant to our team during the recent back to back days. Even Lamar at this day and age can't. But remember Bynum was injured for the deep title runs.
We just need a healthy Pau and Howard. Hill will do well filling in the gaps from the bench to grab boards and make hustle plays. I love our big rotation right now. And like I said Jamison brings us a big who can spread the floor off the bench. Lakers will be fine.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #15
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

which nba team has a better frontline than ours? this shouldnt be a concern as long as the top 4 guys stay healthy (howard,gasol,hill,jamison)
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: