Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Default So sexy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEg3j...eature=related

0:28

lizzy
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
LamarOdom
Banned

Default Re: So sexy

Not sexy but damn she is cute.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
Go Getter
Wild 100's

That was awkward....does that pass for a good dancer where she's from?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
That was awkward....does that pass for a good dancer where she's from?

they all try to dance like beyonce but can't(u should see them trying to do beyonce) they're all good dancers tho. and yeah she was embarrassed because it was bad but thats what she was explaining.

Last edited by Godzuki : 08-22-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
they all try to dance like beyonce but can't they're all good dancers tho.
Who is "they?" My comment wasn't meant to open up a floodgate of generalizations though.

It just seems to me like when it comes to hip-hop dancing the standards are very low for non-Americans (well, non blacks and latins specifically).
Old 08-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

thas how my girlfriend dances inda club, no lies
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
po3try
Go Clippers!

Godzuki are you Korean?
po3try is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Who is "they?" My comment wasn't meant to open up a floodgate of generalizations though.

It just seems to me like when it comes to hip-hop dancing the standards are very low for non-Americans (well, non blacks and latins specifically).

they as in kpop females, even males in some cases(theres a PSY video of him and his dance crew trying to do beyonce but they're all awful). if u watch them dance in general they're really good, like u can tell they're good club and group dancers but they look reaaaal bad sometimes like in this case. i never appreciated beyonces dancing ability until i saw so many professional performers failing trying to do her moves.

but yeah you're right in general, some of America's hip-hop dancers are on another level than the rest of the world ever will be....its really like they all emulated mc hammer, bobby brown, beyonce, etc. and good but not close to them.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #9
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by po3try
Godzuki are you Korean?

yea
Old 08-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
they as in kpop females, even males in some cases(theres a PSY video of him and his dance crew trying to do beyonce but they're all awful). if u watch them dance in general they're really good, like u can tell they're good club and group dancers but they look reaaaal bad sometimes like in this case. i never appreciated beyonces dancing ability until i saw so many professional performers failing trying to do her moves.

but yeah you're right in general, some of America's hip-hop dancers are on another level than the rest of the world ever will be....its really like they all emulated mc hammer, bobby brown, beyonce, etc. and good but not close to them.
1. What is a Kpop female?
2. For every Beyonce, MC Hammer, and Bobby Brown there is a more talented dancer albeit less attractive or talented choreographer that taught them....most hip-hop dances come from the hood. (The Pool Palace and the Harlem Shake for example).
3. I don't know how you can say "THEY are really good"...seems like a broad brush stroke to me but idk.

What struck me in the vid is how all the girls had a "westernized look."
Old 08-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

HyunA is going to come live in my house as my new (hostage) nanny btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9CALKOvAI

Do you know Kara? My son is obsessed with them. He likes the song Mister, and can recognize them and knows the other girl groups are not them, regardless of waht they are wearing, if they are singing or not, etc. (He's only 19 months old but he could recognize them since he was less than a year old.)

Last edited by niko : 08-22-2012 at 07:14 PM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #12
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
1. What is a Kpop female?
2. For every Beyonce, MC Hammer, and Bobby Brown there is a more talented dancer albeit less attractive or talented choreographer that taught them....most hip-hop dances come from the hood. (The Pool Palace and the Harlem Shake for example).
3. I don't know how you can say "THEY are really good"...seems like a broad brush stroke to me but idk.

What struck me in the vid is how all the girls had a "westernized look."

1. kpop is a type of korean music thats gotten big, so kpop female would be a female artist of that genre of music. i'm not a huge kpop fan so i can't tell you much other than the basics. like my Gangnam Style thread, thats considered Kpop but not typical kpop from what i've heard.

2. i'm not disagreeing for the most part but i can't see many being better than Hammer, or even being able to do some of the moves beyonce does. i don't even like watching beyonce dance since its so fast and jittery but like i said its ridiculous how bad some 'pros' look trying to do her moves. and she seems to really be the exception out of most american artists they all try to copy cat dances from....

3. it is a broad generalization but to talk in terms of a group that are more similar to each other than not, you have to. not saying there are some exceptions like bboy dancers, some of them are amazing altho they're just dancers and not really famous or anything.

yeah, liike 1/2 the hot korean chicks i've seen have dyed blonde/orange hair now

Last edited by Godzuki : 08-22-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #13
Stuckey
ifirtworld

you guys too young for the good old lee hyo ri, boa days
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #14
niko
I Run NY.

KPop is pretty big now. In Japan it's sick huge, but go to american ITunes, there's a bunch of groups that release singles in the US and do well. There are a couple of groups doing concerts here in the fall.

In Japan it's so big that in the record stores (those that are left), the Korean artist section (much of it in Japanese mind you) is bigger than the remaining Japanese artists section. Just so popular.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
you guys too young for the good old lee hyo ri, boa days

BoA is still big, but moreso in Japan. She kind of moved her career there. Lee Hyori i remember - she was talentless, just was the hottest of the stars at that time.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: