Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation
Default Texas judge warns of Civil War if Obama wins

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/us/tex...html?hpt=hp_t2

Quote:
(CNN) -- An elected county judge in Texas is warning that the nation could descend into civil war if President Barack Obama is re-elected, and is calling for a trained, well-equipped force to battle the United Nations troops he says Obama would bring in.

The comments by Lubbock County Judge Tom Head, who oversees emergency planning efforts, were broadcast by CNN affiliate KJTV. He made similar remarks on radio station FOX Talk 950.

Saying that as the county's emergency management coordinator he has to "think about the very worst thing that can happen and prepare for that and hope and pray for the best," Head told radio host Jeff Klotzman that he believes "in this political climate and financial climate, what is the very worst thing that could happen right now? Obama gets back in the White House. No. God forbid."

Referring to unexplained "executive orders" and other documents that Obama and "his minions have filed," Head said, "regardless of whether the Republicans take over the Senate, which I hope they do, he is going to make the United States Congress and he's going to make the Constitution irrelevant. He's got his czars in place that don't answer to anybody."

Obama, Head said, will "try to give the sovereignty of the United States away to the United Nations. What do you think the public's going to do when that happens? We are talking civil unrest, civil disobedience, possibly, possibly civil war ... I'm not talking just talking riots here and there. I'm talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms, get rid of the dictator. OK, what do you think he is going to do when that happens? He is going to call in the U.N. troops, personnel carriers, tanks and whatever."

Head vowed to personally stand "in front of their personnel carriers and say, 'You're not coming in here.' And I've asked the sheriff. I said, 'Are you going to back me on this?' And he said, 'Yeah, I'm going to back you.' Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there who have no training and little equipment. I want seasoned veteran people who are trained that have got equipment. And even then, you know we may have two or three hundred deputies facing maybe a thousand U.N. troops. We may have to call out the militia."

Sheriff Kelly Rowe told KJTV there had been no conversation about such a civil war scenario. The two have discussed contingencies for emergency management, he said.

KJTV reported that the warning was linked to taxes. Head "indicates a tax increase is needed to shore up law enforcement to protect us," the station reported, adding that a tax increase is under consideration that "would largely benefit the district attorney and sheriff's offices. But the emphasis is more on salary competitiveness than doomsday scenarios."

Head made his controversial remarks Tuesday.

On Wednesday at a county commissioner meeting, he emphasized that his remarks were about "worst case scenario in my opinion," and added, "Do I think those are going to happen? Probably not."

County Commissioner Gilbert Flores told KJTV he was "ashamed" of Head's remarks, and told the judge, "I think you better plan to go fishing pretty soon."

Attorney Rod Hobson jokingly put up U.N. flags outside his Lubbock office, KJTV reported. "When I saw the story I thought, once again, Lubbock is going to be the laughingstock of the entire nation," said Hobson. "What makes it so sad is he is our elected county judge, who is in charge of a multi-million dollar budget. That is scary. It's like the light's on, but no one is home... I'd just like to think he's off his meds."

But video from the Wednesday meeting showed at least one citizen supporting him. "Judge Head, thank you, and God bless," one citizen said.

Head did not immediately respond to an e-mail or phone call to his office Thursday morning.

KJTV reported that an aide to Head said the judge will not be commenting for one or two days.

its just unbelievable to me how extreme so many Republicans are, where its borderline schizophrenia, and they hold high political offices/jobs governing people. its been a new Republican every other week saying something outlandish for years and years, and somehow they still have a large voter base supporting them

i'll never understand most of Republican mentality other than their fiscal conservatism.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Texas judge warns of Civil War if Obama wins

Shouldn't we be at war now then?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
stax
Mooooooooooose

stax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputation

Quote:
"I'm not talking just talking riots here and there. I'm talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms, get rid of the dictator."

stax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Holy crap a sitting judge said this dumb a$% crap!? The depths of some of our fellow American's stupidity levels are amazing. And what gets me is, you hear folks like Mitt Romney out there crying about how president Obama is creating this "division of hate." Last time I checked, when president Obama was in Iowa just a few days ago, its not president Obama that is creating this division, it is radical Right-Wing nut jobs like Rush, Mitt, and many of the Republican/Tea Party groups out there. That judge should lose his job for saying dumb crap like that.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #5
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well, we are talking about Lubbock here.

that place is a pit.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As long as people have food on their plates there will be no Civil War...
JohnnySic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope he loses his job over this, I have a feeling he is awful at his job, would really suck to be sentenced by someone like that, end up in jail for decades over a speeding ticket or something.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Says the guy with the government job.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #9
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Dictator? Man, gtfoh... I know a bunch of neocons are itching to use their precious guns though.
Is He Ill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I actually hope this guy is right so that thousands of UN troops can just remove these hundreds of morons supporting this judge from the face of the earth.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
MJ23forever
High School Varsity 6th Man

MJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMJ23forever posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Yeah, it's fun to pretend that the GOP has a monopoly on stupid. You get to be "outraged" about it, and then you smile and nod when Nancy Pelosi says you have to pass bills before you read them, or the Mayor of New York says the entire nation's police officers should go on strike because of one shooting, or Janet Napolitano makes a fool of herself AGAIN, or Obama repeatedly insults large groups of Americans with asinine comments about "clinging to guns and religion" or by telling them the small company they busted their ass to build was actually handed to them on a platter by someone else. Take your partisan fuckery and shove it up your ass.
MJ23forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
Freedom Kid7
Lazy Bulls fan

Freedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected poster

Freedom Kid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
Michael_Wilbon
Great young streetballer

Michael_Wilbon has not been impressing people

Michael_Wilbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #14
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23forever
Yeah, it's fun to pretend that the GOP has a monopoly on stupid. You get to be "outraged" about it, and then you smile and nod when Nancy Pelosi says you have to pass bills before you read them, or the Mayor of New York says the entire nation's police officers should go on strike because of one shooting, or Janet Napolitano makes a fool of herself AGAIN, or Obama repeatedly insults large groups of Americans with asinine comments about "clinging to guns and religion" or by telling them the small company they busted their ass to build was actually handed to them on a platter by someone else. Take your partisan fuckery and shove it up your ass.

Is that what they told you he said, or did your lack of comprehension skills lead you to infer that? You're clearly the one with the partisan fukery.
Is He Ill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #15
Freedom Kid7
Lazy Bulls fan

Freedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected posterFreedom Kid7 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
Is that what they told you he said, or did your lack of comprehension skills lead you to infer that? :face palm You're clearly the one with the partisan fukery.
To be fair, he actually did say that a small business owner did not necessarily build his/her business.
Freedom Kid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: