Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-25-2006, 12:27 PM   #1
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Question Positions Morrison can/can't play

With the possibilities of moustache going either to portland, charlotte, toronto or maybe even the wolves, i have some questions:

-what position do you think Morrison fits more naturally?

-if asked to play sg/sf, how succesful you think morrison could play at either position?

-in which team (POR, TOR, CHA or MIN) you think Morrison would fit better?

Last edited by artificial : 06-25-2006 at 12:34 PM.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

He's a SF, period, I can't see him playing anywhere else. the Kobes and Wades of the league will just victimize him, I guess there are some PFs he can guard but not for whole games, he's a SF.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:10 PM   #3
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

He's a SF and id like to see him play for Charlotte or Portland. Charlotte's a good fit for him since they need a go to guy in the 4th and if Morrison scoring capabilities can translate into the NBA, the Bobcats can be a decent team in the East.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
He's a SF, period, I can't see him playing anywhere else. the Kobes and Wades of the league will just victimize him, I guess there are some PFs he can guard but not for whole games, he's a SF.
guard PFs? this ain't pokemon you retard. the guy doesn't have more than 210lbs on him and you think he can guard PFs? He's a skinny mofo and there will be G/Fs that will push him around

let me guess, you don't watch college ball, just like you never saw bargnani but still talk **** about his game

Last edited by thenextgreatbigman : 06-25-2006 at 01:18 PM.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:24 PM   #5
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

He'll be able to play either swing position offensively but defensively will struggle against quicker more athletic players. The best position for him right now as a homer I say is Charlotte, but 2nd best I believe would be for him to stay near home in Portland. He would allow them to rebuild their image and have a post scorer that if Coach McMillan can convince to pass would make a pretty lethal young inside-outside scoring combo, with 2 young point guards.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:27 PM   #6
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
He'll be able to play either swing position offensively but defensively will struggle against quicker more athletic players. The best position for him right now as a homer I say is Charlotte, but 2nd best I believe would be for him to stay near home in Portland. He would allow them to rebuild their image and have a post scorer that if Coach McMillan can convince to pass would make a pretty lethal young inside-outside scoring combo, with 2 young point guards.

That sums it up. Which is why Charlotte is such a good fit for him. Wallace can guard whoever the tougher assignment is between the 2 and 3.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:31 PM   #7
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

He's a 3 end of discussion
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:17 PM   #8
asd
High school junior varsity star

asd has an OK reputation so far

i don't understand the reason for the hooplah over morrison..he's gonna be a slow tayshaun-prince-type player in the nba
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:19 PM   #9
Spiderman08 24
Banned

Spiderman08 24 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
guard PFs? this ain't pokemon you retard. the guy doesn't have more than 210lbs on him and you think he can guard PFs? He's a skinny mofo and there will be G/Fs that will push him around

let me guess, you don't watch college ball, just like you never saw bargnani but still talk **** about his game

He hates Andrea because Andrea is a tall white guy. Great logic.
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #10
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

i was wondering this because i had been thinking he'd be a great fit at Charlotte, but they need a SG.

so the best SG available, assuming Morrison is playing SF, should be Brandon ROy. but roy probably isn't headed to the bobcats, since he cancelled his workout there (and some rumours had it going that Roy was certain the bobcats weren't interested in him).

rumours have it that the bobcats are very into either Gay or Morrison. both SF's, a position that is already occupied by one of their centerpieces -Gerald Wallace-. so wouldn't Roy fit better then?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:42 PM   #11
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Gerald wallace would florish as a SG if he had a better shot.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:19 PM   #12
KiNG
I hit open 5-footers

KiNG has no real reputation yet.

SF
KiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:29 PM   #13
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
He hates Andrea because Andrea is a tall white guy. Great logic.
"Andrea?" You 2 on a first name basis? You hang out?

I don't hate him. I'm sure he's a great person. He's just not gonna be a really good NBA player. This isn't logic, it's probability, for every Dirk there are 20 Skitas.

Watch me be right despite not knowing anything about the guy. Aint that a biitch?

Quote:
guard PFs? this ain't pokemon you retard. the guy doesn't have more than 210lbs on him and you think he can guard PFs?
I'm not sure what little creatures that fit into balls have to do with your point, but maybe you could hop off my balls for a second. I said, and I quote:

Quote:
I guess there are some PFs he can guard but not for whole games, he's a SF.
SOME PF'S... but NOT FOR WHOLE GAMES... HE'S A SF. It's kinda unbelievable, really, how retarded people are sometimes. By "some," I mean skinnies (Boris Diaw, Chris Bosh), and poshballs who shoot jumpers exclusively (Lafrentz, Jamison). You act as if all PFs are Charles Barkley nowadays.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:45 PM   #14
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

i agree i think he'd be perfect for charlotte with the whole position swapping with wallace however i think charlotte are going with rudy gay
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:00 PM   #15
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
SOME PF'S... but NOT FOR WHOLE GAMES... HE'S A SF. It's kinda unbelievable, really, how retarded people are sometimes. By "some," I mean skinnies (Boris Diaw, Chris Bosh), and poshballs who shoot jumpers exclusively (Lafrentz, Jamison). You act as if all PFs are Charles Barkley nowadays.
1. diaw is not a PF
2. bosh and jamison would abuse him in the post, even Lafrents would take him to post and score with ease. There's not 1 PF in this league that morrison can slow down. There were G/Fs in college that pushed him around, in the nba even some SGs are bigger and stronger than him. And it's nothing against him because he was never supposed to play the 4, IMO morrison will be dunleavy jr with more heart.

you think this guy could guard a PF?
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: