Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default DeMar Derozan, Drew League Higlights

http://blip.tv/ballislife/demar-dero...finals-6316143

Looks like he's working on that jumper.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: DeMar Derozan, Drew League Higlights

I get so frustrated watching these DD summer league highlights these days. The first couple years I was like, damn this kid is a good guy, a hard worker, a hustler, and a guy who doesn't take it easy over the summer. But now, I grow tired of seeing the same DD year after year. He always dominates in the summer and then kind of disappears in the regular season. I feel like he's so limited and replaceable as a player. I hope T-Ross lights a fire up under his ass.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I get so frustrated watching these DD summer league highlights these days. The first couple years I was like, damn this kid is a good guy, a hard worker, a hustler, and a guy who doesn't take it easy over the summer. But now, I grow tired of seeing the same DD year after year. He always dominates in the summer and then kind of disappears in the regular season. I feel like he's so limited and replaceable as a player. I hope T-Ross lights a fire up under his ass.

It's almost like he's not playing against NBA-calibre talent in these clips or something.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
It's almost like he's not playing against NBA-calibre talent in these clips or something.
Even with that, his repetoire doesn't look expanded whatsoever. If you look up Terrance Ross's summer league highlights they look much more impressive than that. With DD it's always the same. Spot up jumper, run past somebody and dunk, ally-oop dunks. Great. Only thing I saw that was somewhat different was that Dirk style fadeaway he did. Other than that, it's the same old story.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:48 AM   #5
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Even with that, his repetoire doesn't look expanded whatsoever. If you look up Terrance Ross's summer league highlights they look much more impressive than that. With DD it's always the same. Spot up jumper, run past somebody and dunk, ally-oop dunks. Great. Only thing I saw that was somewhat different was that Dirk style fadeaway he did. Other than that, it's the same old story.

Agreed all I ever wanted to see after his first year was that he can handle the ball better than he did. It looks the same though. All I hope for now is that got stronger and his shot got better.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #6
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Agreed all I ever wanted to see after his first year was that he can handle the ball better than he did. It looks the same though. All I hope for now is that got stronger and his shot got better.
Yeah, I mean I hate to devalue him as a player by saying this but...... i'm seeing a rich man's Joey Graham here. Call me crazy for saying that but when we gave Joey minutes, there were games where he was a dunk/midrange jumper machine. I say a rich man's JG because DD is obviously better at it and a better bball IQ. But that's what he can do. There's not much to his game, and he's not that good of a defender either. They compared him to VC when he came into the league and man were they wrong. Not that VC had the greatest handles either but they were much better than DD. And he was much more of a gifted player with a lot more potential.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Yeah I hear ya on DD's overall improvement.

I tend to take these sorts of vids with a grain of salt though, given the competition.

Also, the level of competition doesn't exactly breed an environment that helps personal improvement. I mean, he's playing guys who are at a level where doing what he's always done makes him look like a superstar. So these 'moves' (for lack of a better term) get a lot of play, get more work so he doesn't look foolish in front of nobodies, where he should be using these games (if he's going to play them - not a fan as I've pointed out in another thread) to 'test out' new stuff, looks and rep be damned.

That's some speculative stuff, and my own personal opinion, but if you're not driven as some like Kobe is, it's pretty easy to take the path of least resistance.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

déjà vu?

last summer this happened, the summer before as well when a hoopmixtape video or yayarea's finest video comes out and he's out there ballin like crazy but both following seasons he was mediocre

i'll reserve my judgement on his game until later, definitely looks bigger though which is good to see
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: