Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation
Default Mike Brown: Steve Nash will Quarterback the team

Quote:
MB: “The way that we’ll put it together, Steve’s going to have an opportunity -- he’s going to quarterback the team -- and so he’s going to have an opportunity to come down the floor every possession and in early offense play pick-and-roll if he wants to. It’s up to him, based on where he decides to take the ball or a call that he makes or an action that he does, it’s up to him to get us into some of the looks of the Princeton offense.

“So again, with him quarterbacking, or making that decision, he’ll still have a chance to get the ball back after he moves or after bodies move. I don’t want to completely give away what we’re trying to do, but in a nutshell, he will have an opportunity to play pick-and-roll at the beginning of almost every play set coming down the floor in early offense. And if not, he can also choose to get to some of the looks out of the Princeton by making a pass or doing an action or doing a call or whatever.”

This is from an ESPN Land'O'Lakers article.

Awesome news. Let the best offensive mind on the team run the offense... makes sense!
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Mike Brown: Steve Nash will Quarterback the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk

Awesome news. Let the best offensive mind on the team run the offense... makes sense!

This is what I have been asking for
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

Smart, smart move Brown.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:18 AM   #4
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

But my question is what is the plan when Nash is on the bench?
I wast kinda hoping that they will come up with a really good system where the offense is not totally dependent on talent where in there will be offensive continuity and mutiple options and counter attacks.

It's imperative that they keep the aging Nash as fresh as possible for the playoffs, playing about 27 mins/game in the regular season.
I envision Steve playing the first 5 mins of the first quarter, last 5 mins of 2nd, minimal time in 3rd period and finish the final 6 mins of the game.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:04 AM   #5
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

ithout Nash they will run the Princton sets, so the backup PGs will learn that.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
But my question is what is the plan when Nash is on the bench?
I wast kinda hoping that they will come up with a really good system where the offense is not totally dependent on talent where in there will be offensive continuity and mutiple options and counter attacks.

It's imperative that they keep the aging Nash as fresh as possible for the playoffs, playing about 27 mins/game in the regular season.
I envision Steve playing the first 5 mins of the first quarter, last 5 mins of 2nd, minimal time in 3rd period and finish the final 6 mins of the game.

Give Nash some rest??? Do you really think Mike Brown is as smart as you are???
Remember how many minutes he played Kobe and Pau???
The clueless one will run Nash ragged

Hmmm......does this mean we are NOT getting Eddie Jordan?????
You make a valid point about what happens when the backup is in. Without Eddie Jordan, Nash will have to train the backup PG's.........Wow...Mike Brown is really earning his money.....lol.

Last edited by DKLaker : 08-24-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

seems to me like they will be running a offense that suits their talent and they will fall back on the Princeton to reset
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
seems to me like they will be running a offense that suits their talent and they will fall back on the Princeton to reset

Which is honestly much better than the offense presented last year. We need something like the princeton simply for players to know how to set up. Who stands where, etc.

After thats all decided, Nash, Kobe, and Dwight can do what they do. My concern is how Mike will use Pau.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Which is honestly much better than the offense presented last year. We need something like the princeton simply for players to know how to set up. Who stands where, etc.

After thats all decided, Nash, Kobe, and Dwight can do what they do. My concern is how Mike will use Pau.

Yes, it's a HUGE issue on how MB will use Pau....last year was idiotic.
We cannot run a Princeton variant offense unless we have a coach to implement it.......and Eddie Jordan hasn't been signed.
What if MB the non-bright coach...lol, decides he can do it himself
Old 08-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #10
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
then:
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:07 AM   #11
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Give Nash some rest??? Do you really think Mike Brown is as smart as you are???
Remember how many minutes he played Kobe and Pau???
The clueless one will run Nash ragged

Hmmm......does this mean we are NOT getting Eddie Jordan?????
You make a valid point about what happens when the backup is in. Without Eddie Jordan, Nash will have to train the backup PG's.........Wow...Mike Brown is really earning his money.....lol.
Yes, it's a HUGE issue on how MB will use Pau....last year was idiotic.
We cannot run a Princeton variant offense unless we have a coach to implement it.......and Eddie Jordan hasn't been signed.

Last season was really different. No training camp, very limited preaseason games, not enough reliable players including World Peace shooting 17% from the 3pt line, Bynum missing the first 4 games plus the intense pressure to win and not lose too many games to prevent dissention and mistrust etc.
About the possibility of Brown deciding that he can do all the coaching by himself, I doubt it. He immedietely hired Kruger and tried to get Mike Malone, his old assistant back in Cleveland.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Last season was really different. No training camp, very limited preaseason games, not enough reliable players including World Peace shooting 17% from the 3pt line, Bynum missing the first 4 games plus the intense pressure to win and not lose too many games to prevent dissention and mistrust etc.
About the possibility of Brown deciding that he can do all the coaching by himself, I doubt it. He immedietely hired Kruger and tried to get Mike Malone, his old assistant back in Cleveland.

His offense in Cleveland was nothing but isolations for Lebron....you are making my point for me......doing what he did in Cleveland with the same people is flat out NOT going to work.
Again, all the EXCUSES for last season hold no validity because he did exactly what he did at Cleveland....nothing different......right down to not having a clue as how to manage a player rotation, minutes, run an actual offense, make adjustments......same old Cleveland issues, he is not remotely fit to coach an NBA team and we cannot sit around and hope this guy learns in the next ?? years.
We STILL do not have a single coach who can implement an effective offense......right now we have a beautiful plush limo with all the amenities inside......with a 15 year old student driver who always crashes......now we have a cross country ride to make........Good Luck
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: