Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #16
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,162
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
I disagree. This is Kobe's team. He has made that clear.

Let's get away from all the rubbish talk with materialistic accolades like rings and stats.

Real talk.

Kobe just aint that great if he can't take this team to the championship. Period. He is not playing injured; he is still in his older prime; he's got them legs.

The big cloud on Kobe's head is whether or not he is a true leader. Remember more than half of those rings belong to Shaq.

and if the Lakers do win the championship let me guess that ring would belong to Dwight.

Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #17
jstern
College star
 
jstern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,913
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Like somebody else said, someone that shoots 6-24 in a game 7 NBA finals shouldn't be top ten. For the last two years the Kobe stans have slowly put Kobe in the top ten, with constantly referring him as a top ten every where they could. It's very effective. Two years ago Kobe was referred to as a top 15 to 20 players by many unbiased fans who now say he's top ten, mean while during that time he has been sweaped by Dallas, and had those choke jobs in Dallas. He's a 41% career finals shooter, who unlike every other top 10 player doesn't have defining moments where he just stepped it up and put the team un his back. The only Lakers who has done that during Kobe's time is Fisher, hitting clutch shots and Shaq completely stepping it up during the Finals.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #18
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
chazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 10,918
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
Two years ago Kobe was referred to as a top 15 to 20 players by many unbiased fans who now say he's top ten
Simply not true. A lot of people were putting him in the top 10 after '09, and it was basically unanimous after 2010
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #19
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!
 
Levity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: long beach bred
Posts: 4,811
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

OP is very narrow minded.

Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #20
alleykat
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 600
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

top 10 is subjective.....

he can still be top 10 and it would be easy to see why....
alleykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #21
game3524
Local High School Star
 
game3524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,711
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
Like somebody else said, someone that shoots 6-24 in a game 7 NBA finals shouldn't be top ten. For the last two years the Kobe stans have slowly put Kobe in the top ten, with constantly referring him as a top ten every where they could. It's very effective. Two years ago Kobe was referred to as a top 15 to 20 players by many unbiased fans who now say he's top ten, mean while during that time he has been sweaped by Dallas, and had those choke jobs in Dallas. He's a 41% career finals shooter, who unlike every other top 10 player doesn't have defining moments where he just stepped it up and put the team un his back. The only Lakers who has done that during Kobe's time is Fisher, hitting clutch shots and Shaq completely stepping it up during the Finals.

I guess Jordan shouldn't be top ten since he shot 6-19 in a close out NBA Finals.

Players should be judge by their body of work. Kobe's resume is easily among the ten best in NBA history.
game3524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #22
jstern
College star
 
jstern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,913
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by game3524
I guess Jordan shouldn't be top ten since he shot 6-19 in a close out NBA Finals.

Players should be judge by their body of work. Kobe's resume is easily among the ten best in NBA history.

Wow, Jordan would have to brick 5 shots in a row just to match Kobe's.

Somebody else said that about Kobe, my reason and point is that Kobe has no defining movements like the typical top 10 players. Like the Olajuwon's, Bird's, and Jordan's. In fact he has a lot of moments of others in his team stepping it up and bailing him out.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #23
guy
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,343
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
lol wtf...


when was the last time a guy in his 17th season won finals mvp

its never happend

kobe will be the first. so if he doesnt do it... its not like its a huge failure


lebron lost with 2 other hall of famers in their prime ( and himself in his prime ) to dallas with just basically dirk playing anywhere near his prime. and the only other HOF'r ( kidd ) not near an allstar level


plus... the heat are almost just as stacked as LA.

so itel be kobe/nash/howard/artest/jamison vs lebron/wade/bosh/lewis/allen

i say the lakers are better. but its not like the lakers have as big an advantage as the heat had over dallas in 2011 AND STILL LOST


so by the OP's logit. theres no way lebron should ever be top 10



Umm why did you not include Gasol?
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #24
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome
 
Yao Ming's Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,162
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
Wow, Jordan would have to brick 5 shots in a row just to match Kobe's.

Somebody else said that about Kobe, my reason and point is that Kobe has no defining movements like the typical top 10 players. Like the Olajuwon's, Bird's, and Jordan's. In fact he has a lot of moments of others in his team stepping it up and bailing him out.

What are Kareem's finals moments?

What are Bill Russell's finals moments?

What the hell is a Finals moment?
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #25
AK47DR91
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
Wow, Jordan would have to brick 5 shots in a row just to match Kobe's.

Somebody else said that about Kobe, my reason and point is that Kobe has no defining movements like the typical top 10 players. Like the Olajuwon's, Bird's, and Jordan's. In fact he has a lot of moments of others in his team stepping it up and bailing him out.
81 points against a Canadian team.

Kobe = #1 Laker and Greatest Player of All-Time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #26
game3524
Local High School Star
 
game3524's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,711
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
Wow, Jordan would have to brick 5 shots in a row just to match Kobe's.

Somebody else said that about Kobe, my reason and point is that Kobe has no defining movements like the typical top 10 players. Like the Olajuwon's, Bird's, and Jordan's. In fact he has a lot of moments of others in his team stepping it up and bailing him out.

6-19 is still terrible anyway you try to spin it.

Kobe shot poorly in game 7 of that series, but he contributed in other areas of the game(rebounding and defense).

and lmao at saying Kobe has no defining moments.

The man scored 81 points!

20 years from now, people are still going to remember that over anything Hakeem and maybe even Bird did.
game3524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #27
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year
 
tmacattack33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,317
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Your "legacy" can't go backwards on anyone's list based on what happens in the future just for the sake of those happenings themselves.

Now what CAN be logical is if something that happens in the future that makes you realize that you were overrating (or underrating) the player in the past.

Like, if for instance, Westbrook (just a random player i thought of) gets hurt next year and OKC still makes the WCF. Some people may then come to the conclusion that they over valued Westbrook and that he is not as good as they once thought, and I would not blame them.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #28
funnystuff
Say wot m8
 
funnystuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,721
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
kobe has rings too... with allot less help

lol

you're quote was "if you lose"


lebron lost with even more of an advantage in 2011


you lose

i LOL'd
funnystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #29
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
chazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 10,918
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
Wow, Jordan would have to brick 5 shots in a row just to match Kobe's.

Somebody else said that about Kobe, my reason and point is that Kobe has no defining movements like the typical top 10 players. Like the Olajuwon's, Bird's, and Jordan's. In fact he has a lot of moments of others in his team stepping it up and bailing him out.
And you can rank those players above Kobe and he would still be top 10.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #30
jstern
College star
 
jstern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,913
Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by game3524
6-19 is still terrible anyway you try to spin it.

Kobe shot poorly in game 7 of that series, but he contributed in other areas of the game(rebounding and defense).

and lmao at saying Kobe has no defining moments.

The man scored 81 points!

20 years from now, people are still going to remember that over anything Hakeem and maybe even Bird did.

When people talk about defying moments where the player got in the zone and took over to beat a team in a series when everything looked doubtful, hitting clutch shots after clutch shots in those situations. They're always talking about the playoff, not some meaningless game against the worst team in the league. The regular season was the furthest thing from my mind.

Nobody talks about Jordan's 69 points as one of those moments, and other such regular season games, it's in the playoffs. That clutch steal by bird to beat the Pistons. The Flu game, Jordan's last shot. Those kinds of moments, on a big stage. Not against the Raptors who cared so little about that regular season game that they were barely lifting their hand up whenever Kobe shot.

Even Lebron has bigger moments. Kobe has had the opposite, like those 4 air balls against Utahs. It's the opposite of those moments that I'm talking about.

Last edited by jstern : 08-25-2012 at 04:24 PM.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy