Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #16
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Madden 2013 Launch Thread (Releases tonight, 8/28/12, at midnight)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
The complaint i have is you can't use anything but their rosters in franchise mode. So if there are outdated (like they are now) TOO ****ING BAD. Can't fix it, nope.
Not buying the game. I love franchise mode and this year's seems really terrible.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #17
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm honestly so aggravated about it i wish i could bring it back. I don't want to play online, i just wanted to **** around with the rosters, make some trades, play like that. NOPE, can't do it because the Madden Nazi's make you use the teams as is. Well, as is IF they did timely updates.

Really ridiculous.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #18
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

I don't have the game (don't plan on buying it either), but the hell was the point of removing features like player editing and fantasy draft? So now people are just stuck with their inaccurate ratings? Seems like a load of BS to me.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #19
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dam. Only reason I was getting the game was for connected careers. Franchise mode is the big thing I use with sports games and was kinda amped for the new CC and Madden but seems like there's some major bugs. Kinda expected it tho, in a few years should be pretty mint.

Killed some excitement. Don't care at all about playing online and sounds like offline got the worst of the bugs.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #20
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Dam. Only reason I was getting the game was for connected careers. Franchise mode is the big thing I use with sports games and was kinda amped for the new CC and Madden but seems like there's some major bugs. Kinda expected it tho, in a few years should be pretty mint.

Killed some excitement. Don't care at all about playing online and sounds like offline got the worst of the bugs.
It did. But it's not terrible. My main issue is I don't give a shit most of the time about roster cuts, and preseason games. While I CAN sim through that stuff it takes awhile to sim. And even if you play a game you don't get a lot of XP for it. I blew out the Ravens with the Lions, like 37-10 and only got 1500 XP

They really need to add a way for me to skip the bulk of it at once, or turn it off like in NBA 2k games.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #21
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ahh madden. It's funny how the franchise mode in 2006 for the old XBOX was better than last years version and the 2006 version also had a deeper franchise mode. They removed some of the features to only add it a few years later as a "new feature"

NFL 2k5 is still the GOAT
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #22
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

Absolutely. That game was just so far ahead of its time.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #23
BGriffin's Dad
Future GOAT PF

BGriffin's Dad has not been impressing people

the only sports games i'll be buying are NBA 2k13 and FIFA 13
BGriffin's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #24
28renyoy
Banned

28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
ahh madden. It's funny how the franchise mode in 2006 for the old XBOX was better than last years version and the 2006 version also had a deeper franchise mode. They removed some of the features to only add it a few years later as a "new feature"

Wrong. 2k1 for Dreamcast is the GOAT and it's not even close
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #25
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
Wrong. 2k1 for Dreamcast is the GOAT and it's not even close

Truthfully, all the 2k games were great. I remember 2k3 being great, 2k4 had absolutely stunning graphics that put Madden to shame and 2k5 was just the GOAT. Compare 2k5 with Madden 2005 was like comparing Jordan to JR Smith, 2k5's graphics looked great while madden's graphics looked like some atari shit. It's funny that 2k5 is still comparable to today's Madden..

Madden/EA acts like a corporation. They take out features to only add them later to show the "improvement" they made, they make new glitches, they make half of the game's features only playable if you purchase them online, and they focus on that stupid feature which everyone goes crazy for and spends all their money on(ultimate team?). Oh and they'll add something stupid like Tebow's 3:16 face paint, or Vick's visor, etc, and the worst part is that most people want irrelevant shit like new cleats, or cooler helmets instead of stuff that will make the game better ie gamplay, franchise mode, etc.

/rant
Old 08-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #26
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan

The bugs are nonexistent if you make a online CCM and set it to private just for yourself it's the exact samething as Offline without the bugs. Only retard would be playing offline CCM right now and EA has already mentioned it with their tweets and they will fix it but this is the solution for now. And even when they do fix it why would I make an offline CCM when I'm playing the samething in online CCM set to private. Only difference are the names offline and online but online can still be offline by just setting it to private with a password.

So when you buy the game go to online CCM and create one. Set it to private and put a password like "bladers is a f@ggot" and there you go no bugs and your basically playing offline franchise with a different name.
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #27
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Well lets be honest there in it to make money not just please hardcore fans so as a business move it makes more sense they want to make it more casual.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #28
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Yeah, no custom rosters or importing draft classes pretty much killed the mode for me.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #29
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Yeah, no custom rosters or importing draft classes pretty much killed the mode for me.
The custom roster is the only thing I wish they did bring but imported draft class has never been much of a thing for since trying to make realistic draft classes is impossible to apply in the NFL realistically. And I never do fantasy drafts so I could care less about that. Game is still very good and you can see the effort they put in it and added more then what was taken out but a lot of crying bitches make a big deal out of what's taken out even though it was mentioned several months ago and no one made you buy the game.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #30
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
The bugs are nonexistent if you make a online CCM and set it to private just for yourself it's the exact samething as Offline without the bugs. Only retard would be playing offline CCM right now and EA has already mentioned it with their tweets and they will fix it but this is the solution for now. And even when they do fix it why would I make an offline CCM when I'm playing the samething in online CCM set to private. Only difference are the names offline and online but online can still be offline by just setting it to private with a password.

So when you buy the game go to online CCM and create one. Set it to private and put a password like "bladers is a f@ggot" and there you go no bugs and your basically playing offline franchise with a different name.

But what if you don't have live or internet connection?

I find it hilarious how they allowed the game to have a major flaw like that. It's like they didn't have anyone to test the game for bugs or glitches, especially noticeable ones like that. You think with all the $$ they make they can atleast afford to have a game tester. Bottom line is they knew they had glitches and they still released it...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: