Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default I don't get dub step

Am I the only one that doesn't get it or like it?
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: I don't get dub step

Not the only one ...

L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like it a lot
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

I hate dubstep as well, but I enjoy all types of house, techno, progressive, trance. Avicii, Tiesto, Hardwell, SHM.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

There's some stuff that I've learned to just deal with some a bunch of my friends listen to it, but for the most part I can't stand it.

It also always baffled me that 'Skrillex' can go from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yG6iw7AeWE

to one of the most well known musicians out
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #6
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chillstep>>>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGhXjCuucLI
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #7
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf
I like it a lot
Not saying it sucks, but I don't get it.

Is it supposed to be 'danceable'?

What I don't get is that it has elements of dance music, meaning there's parts that can be danceable, but then you get the drops and that's when I get confused.

Why mess up a great groove with a cacophony of distorted beats with no rhythm? It isn't coherent, I don't get what one is supposed to feel or how one is supposed to react.

I'm not trying to put it down or dismiss it (that's what Raggeton is for), I just don't get it.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Honestly…..

Maybe I just have to admit that I'm getting 'old' and I simply don't get 'it'.

I'll stick to something more traditional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jW-I...feature=relmfu

Listen to the rhythm, to the groove, the melody, how it flows so smoothly. You'll find yourself tapping your feet along, I don't get that with some of the other styles. And at least with some of the other styles I can understand what the purpose is, but DubStep just eludes me.

Btw… I DARE YOU not to tap along.

Last edited by andgar923 : 08-28-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #9
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Trap is the new dubstep
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #10
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
There's some stuff that I've learned to just deal with some a bunch of my friends listen to it, but for the most part I can't stand it.

It also always baffled me that 'Skrillex' can go from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yG6iw7AeWE

to one of the most well known musicians out

he's basically the reason I made this thread. I somehow landed on his Regeneration video on YouTube. Then I started doing more research on him and DubStep to get more familiar with it. And I still didn't get it.

I'm getting old.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #11
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Not saying it sucks, but I don't get it.

Is it supposed to be 'danceable'?

What I don't get is that it has elements of dance music, meaning there's parts that can be danceable, but then you get the drops and that's when I get confused.

Why mess up a great groove with a cacophony of distorted beats with no rhythm? It isn't coherent, I don't get what one is supposed to feel or how one is supposed to react.

I'm not trying to put it down or dismiss it (that's what Raggeton is for), I just don't get it.
I don't dance it sober because I think I look stupid, wich I probably do. When I'm drunk, I dance it though
Old 08-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #12
b1imtf
raep tiem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4f1ZL8kew
This you might enjoy a bit more, not as "harsh" as what you might have listened to
Old 08-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #13
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4f1ZL8kew
This you might enjoy a bit more, not as "harsh" as what you might have listened to

love that song
Old 08-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #14
b1imtf
raep tiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
love that song
That's what's up! Did you know it already?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #15
NBA4EVER

Quote:
That's what's up! Did you know it already?

Yeah I heard it awhile back, Flux Pavilion dropped it at one of his concerts I went too
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: