Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-28-2012, 05:27 AM   #1
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Madden 13 unreadable disc

XBox. Brother bought it at midnight. We played half a series, unreadable disc. Now we do a play now, opening kick off, immediate disc error as soon as the kick's off.

Never had a problem like this. No scratches on the disc or anything, it's spotless. But it doesn't work. Am I going to have to go through a bunch of bullshit that ends up in him having to buy a new disc?

And **** the video game forum, I don't care.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Madden 13 unreadable disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
XBox. Brother bought it at midnight. We played half a series, unreadable disc. Now we do a play now, opening kick off, immediate disc error as soon as the kick's off.

Never had a problem like this. No scratches on the disc or anything, it's spotless. But it doesn't work. Am I going to have to go through a bunch of bullshit that ends up in him having to buy a new disc?

And **** the video game forum, I don't care.

call the manufacturer and send it in
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bring it back to the store. They'll probably be a pain but they;ll give you a new Madden disc. I returned a game that didn't read (actually was NBA2Ksomething i believe)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Spent like 90 minutes talking to a Calcutta call center that wouldn't admit they're a call center, just kept referring me to the warranty trying to get me to mail in the disc and get a replacement. They saw no problem with a faulty product on an extremely anticipated launchdate.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Lightbulb Re: Madden 13 unreadable disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Spent like 90 minutes talking to a Calcutta call center that wouldn't admit they're a call center, just kept referring me to the warranty trying to get me to mail in the disc and get a replacement. They saw no problem with a faulty product on an extremely anticipated launchdate.

that's customer service right there
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #6
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Had the same problem when I bought NBA 2K12 last year. I took the game back and got a different disc. Still had the same problem. Turns out the lens inside my Xbox was messed up. I'm not saying that's your issue, but it was for me.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
Had the same problem when I bought NBA 2K12 last year. I took the game back and got a different disc. Still had the same problem. Turns out the lens inside my Xbox was messed up. I'm not saying that's your issue, but it was for me.
this sounds reasonable...
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
this sounds reasonable...

I'm assuming OP is not an idiot and tried running a couple of other games.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #9
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I'm assuming OP is not an idiot and tried running a couple of other games.
When the lens starts to go it has more trouble with some games than others. My XBOX can't play sports games and coughed with GTA, plays a lot of other things.

I am failing to see why OP doesn't return to store.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yah you should have took it back after the final disc unreadable. Tell them you have no issues playing other games besides this one that you just recieved not too long ago. Its not like this is a week. It launch day, midnight release copy. Calling customer service is pointless.

Also offtopic, games I tend to play a good deal of I download to my xbox. No even if it was a scratch on the disc your chances of it reading are greater. Something to consider as well.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #11
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

Why didn't you just exchange it at the store?

I did that with MW3 which was unreadable when I bought it and they gave me a new one. The game is so shit that I should have just kept the broken one though.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #12
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Same thing happened to me a few months back.... at first everything was fine, then NBA2k12 would be unreadable after a few mintues of gameplay, then Madden would shut down after like a quarter, and eventually I couldn't play any games for longer than a minute or two.

Like others have said, it could just be a dirty lens.... but it also could be the dreaded RROD creeping in.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: