Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 06-21-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Is Boris Diaw the most versatile player in the entire league?

If he isn't, he's very close.

Talk about his versatility, and what other NBA players can play all the spots he can and do everything he does on the court
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:53 PM   #2
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Thumbs up

im gonna say yes...he can play all the spots and of course there hasnt been a player since Magic to do that
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:47 PM   #3
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

#1.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

No, not even close. The most versitile in the NBA is either Dirk Nowitzki or Andrei Kirelinko. Those two can do everything: shoot threes, post up, drive, pass, and play defense. Diaw cant: drive shoot threes (.267 3P%). The only reason his FG% is so good is because he is playing with Nash, who could help ANYBODY get a good FG%.

Edit: and Diaw cant play PG or SG
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:19 PM   #5
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Life
No, not even close. The most versitile in the NBA is either Dirk Nowitzki or Andrei Kirelinko. Those two can do everything: shoot threes, post up, drive, pass, and play defense. Diaw cant: drive shoot threes (.267 3P%). The only reason his FG% is so good is because he is playing with Nash, who could help ANYBODY get a good FG%.

....Are you an idiot? He played SG AND even PG all last year with Atlanta, I'll use a quote from geewiz, Go get a clue.

Yes he is the most versatile player in the league.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #6
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
....Are you an idiot? He played SG AND even PG all last year with Atlanta, I'll use a quote from geewiz, Go get a clue.

Yes he is the most versatile player in the league.

Wow, your a retart. Anybody can PLAY pointguard, you could put Shaq at the pointguard position if you wanted to. Yes he PLAYED pointguard in Atlanta, but he didnt play it well. He only averaged 4.8 PPG, 2.6 RPG, and 2.3 APG (that isnt great). And if he was such a good pointguard in ATL then why did they finish 13-69. He is nothing compared to Dirk Nowitzki (the REAL most versatite player) who averaged 26.5 PPG and 10+ rebounds per game and can play any position he wants
Old 06-25-2006, 10:58 PM   #7
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Wow, your a retart.:

Quote:
Anybody can PLAY pointguard, you could put Shaq at the pointguard position if you wanted to

No... You can't put Shaq at point guard, what the hell are you talking about? Boris is in the NBA and coaches saw his court vision and nice ball handling abilities and knew he can, and did play PG, what the hell are smoking, Shaq? You are a freaking dipsh*t.

Quote:
And if he was such a good pointguard in ATL then why did they finish 13-69.

Because you know, Diaw got so many minutes and had so many great players around him.

How many games did the Knicks win? God you are real stupid.

Quote:
He is nothing compared to Dirk Nowitzki (the REAL most versatite player

That isn't even a real sentence, Nowitzki? Versatite? No, you are a retard
Old 06-25-2006, 11:52 PM   #8
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

No... You can't put Shaq at point guard, what the hell are you talking about? Boris is in the NBA and coaches saw his court vision and nice ball handling abilities and knew he can, and did play PG, what the hell are smoking, Shaq? You are a freaking dipsh*t.

Because you know, Diaw got so many minutes and had so many great players around him.

How many games did the Knicks win? God you are real stupid.

That isn't even a real sentence, Nowitzki? Versatite? No, you are a retard

You CAN list Shaq on the roster as the starting pointguard, he would play it terribly, but you could put him at the pointguard position. Boris doesnt have handlez, or court vision.

Diaw got 18.2 minutes per game which is a decent amount. And with no good player around him he would have a better chance to shine. And the Knicks got 23 wins, which last time I checked was more than 13

Wow I hit a wrong key, and Dirk is extremely versatile. He shoots threes, rebounds, gets assists, drives, and posts up. Last time I checked Diaw only did two of those things well
Old 06-26-2006, 12:07 AM   #9
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
You CAN list Shaq on the roster as the starting pointguard, he would play it terribly, but you could put him at the pointguard position.

The thing is, you CAN'T! No sane coach in the NBA would start SHAQ at Pointguard, While many coaches thought Diaw could.

Quote:
Boris doesnt have handlez, or court vision.

That's a retarded statement.
Quote:
Diaw got 18.2 minutes per game which is a decent amount. And with no good player around him he would have a better chance to shine.

Wrong. How can you get a chance to shine playing 18.2 a game playing with a bunch of guys that throw up bricks when you pass to them?

Quote:
And the Knicks got 23 wins, which last time I checked was more than 13

Right, but how many all stars are on that Knick team compared to that Atlanta team? 4 to 0? (That's an estimate)

Quote:
Wow I hit a wrong key, and Dirk is extremely versatile. He shoots threes, rebounds, gets assists, drives, and posts up. Last time I checked Diaw only did two of those things well

I don't understand it, Diaw had more than double the amount of Triple doubles Dirk had this season, how does that make him less versatile?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:07 PM   #10
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation
Exclamation

Quote:

WTF! He played pg in atlanta...and sg..
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #11
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Last season he had about:

13 points per game
7 rebounds per game
7 assists per game
1 block per game
1 steal per game

Find me a guy that is more versatile player in entire NBA if you can .

Let me put it this way: Find me a guy that has been listed as guard, forward and center through his NBA carrer and then we can talk...
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:25 PM   #12
jc123
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jc123 has an OK reputation so far

Diaw can play PG to C there is no other player in this league that can play all those positions, and play them well
jc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:33 PM   #13
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
You CAN list Shaq on the roster as the starting pointguard, he would play it terribly, but you could put him at the pointguard position. Boris doesnt have handlez, or court vision.

Diaw got 18.2 minutes per game which is a decent amount. And with no good player around him he would have a better chance to shine. And the Knicks got 23 wins, which last time I checked was more than 13

Diaw averaged 5.2 assists per game last season and he has no court vision? You must really enjoy making yourself look stupid. Now get the hell out of our forum before your dirty Knick stink rubs off on our organization and we sign Penny again.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:35 PM   #14
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
Diaw averaged 5.2 assists per game last season and he has no court vision? You must really enjoy making yourself look stupid. Now get the hell out of our forum before your dirty Knick stink rubs off on our organization and we sign Penny again.

Go lick some big balls . I could get more assists than that if I played as many MPG as him.

If you are tired of me owning you guys than just click the little hourglass thing and update my rep
Old 07-03-2006, 03:42 PM   #15
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty
Last season he had about:

13 points per game
7 rebounds per game
7 assists per game
1 block per game
1 steal per game

Find me a guy that is more versatile player in entire NBA if you can .

Let me put it this way: Find me a guy that has been listed as guard, forward and center through his NBA carrer and then we can talk...

DIRK NOWITZKI you jackass. Have you read anything that I have said?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: