Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...s-haywood.html

Quote:
LAS VEGAS – Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood could end up addressing the Charlotte Bobcats’ needs at point guard and center, the Observer has learned.

Sessions, an unrestricted free agent who finished last season with the Los Angeles Lakers, has drawn interest from the Bobcats, an informed source said. Haywood, a center who grew up in Greensboro and played for North Carolina, will reportedly be waived by the Dallas Mavericks under the NBA’s amnesty clause.

The Mavericks will swallow the remaining $35 million on Haywood’s salary in order to sign free-agent center Chris Kaman. That would open the door for the Bobcats to offer a homecoming and likely a starting spot. Haywood often spends the off-season in Charlotte, working out frequently at Time Warner Cable Arena.

All that could make sign-and-trade discussions between the Bobcats and Indiana Pacers moot. If the Bobcats strike deals with Sessions and eventually Haywood, it’s possible their best course would be rescinding a qualifying offer of about $4 million to point guard D.J. Augustin, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent.

Regardless of the machinations, it seems unlikely Augustin will continue to be a Bobcat long-term. He turned down a lucrative contract extension last season and the Bobcats considered moving him at the trade deadline.

Augustin was the No. 9 overall pick in the 2008 draft. The Bobcats chose him over now-Brooklyn Nets center Brook Lopez. The Bobcats were prepared to pursue Lopez vigorously this week had the Nets not offered him a maximum, four-year contract.

Sessions averaged 9.7 points and 3.6 assists last season with the Lakers after leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers. He’s known as a capable penetrator, but a suspect jump-shooter. He’d likely back up Kemba Walker, who new coach Mike Dunlap is grooming in an up-tempo offense in Charlotte.

Center Haywood started 54 of 66 games last season for the Mavericks after they did not retain Tyson Chandler in free-agency. Haywood averaged 5.2 points and six rebounds in 22 minutes.

The Bobcats need another big man, and particularly a center, since Byron Mullens, Bismack Biyombo and Tyrus Thomas might all be better suited to power forward.

It’s also possible the Bobcats could add another power forward. They were in the mix to end up with free agent Kris Humphries from the Nets, via sign-and-trade, in a complex deal to land Magic center Dwight Howard in Brooklyn. All that collapsed Wednesday when the Nets chose to re-sign Lopez and retain him at least in the near future.

I like the move for Sessions. Haywood is Diop 2.0. As long as he comes cheap I'm fine with it.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Bobcats pursuing Ramon Sessions and Brendan Haywood

as an LA native i watched pretty much every lakers game and sessions is pretty suspect...he's pretty good at getting to the rim but he doesn't assert himself enough and his jumper isn't any good. he could be a good backup but i remember reading that he wasn't content being a bench player so i don't know how interested he'd be. haywood's a decent defensive big so i guess i'd be okay with it.
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
as an LA native i watched pretty much every lakers game and sessions is pretty suspect...he's pretty good at getting to the rim but he doesn't assert himself enough and his jumper isn't any good. he could be a good backup but i remember reading that he wasn't content being a bench player so i don't know how interested he'd be. haywood's a decent defensive big so i guess i'd be okay with it.

He brought his 3pt shooting up to 48% which ain't too shabby. As far as starting he certainly has a better chance at that with Kemba than with Nash.

If (a big if) we can land these 2 plus Jamison our lineup would be:

Kemba, Sessions, Gordon
Hendo, Gordon, Williams, Carroll
MKG, Brown, Taylor
Jamison, TT, Mullens
Biyombo, Haywood, Diop

I'd be cool with that.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Did I miss something? What happened to DJ?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Did I miss something? What happened to DJ?

He turned down a lucrative extension and has apparently let it be known he wants out of Charlotte. The cats are pursuing a sign and trade. If that doesn't work they'll have the choice of letting him walk or matching another team's offer and keeping him.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't even know why they offered Augustin a "lucrative extension", he hasn't been impressing anybody.

Sessions seems like a decent enough rotation guard. If only he had a jumpshot huh. I'm sure there aren't many teams in the market for Sessions, so I'm hoping for a friendly contract.

Not feeling Haywood though. Haywood is known as a head case and massive lockerroom cancer, not someone you want to bring into your inexperienced squad. Being paid money to go away by Dallas, a team in dire need of a center isn't looking good either.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

DJ's gone, offer rescinded.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Glad we got something for him.

(Sarcasm)
Old 07-13-2012, 05:44 AM   #9
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

We did...we swapped him for Sessions.

DJ got 1 year/3.5 million. Suffice to say there wasn't a big market for him.

I do think we could have gotten something as the Pacers would like the added capspace but with the reports that we're still pursuing Humphries the FO needs all the space they can get. IF they do land Hump we'll most likely have to amnesty Gana to fit him in.

Sessions/Hump is better than Sessions/2nd/filler salary.

There's no guarantee we will get Hump as the Nets really need him...but I think our FO's strategy here is sound.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #10
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
We did...we swapped him for Sessions.

DJ got 1 year/3.5 million. Suffice to say there wasn't a big market for him.

I do think we could have gotten something as the Pacers would like the added capspace but with the reports that we're still pursuing Humphries the FO needs all the space they can get. IF they do land Hump we'll most likely have to amnesty Gana to fit him in.

Sessions/Hump is better than Sessions/2nd/filler salary.

There's no guarantee we will get Hump as the Nets really need him...but I think our FO's strategy here is sound.

Agreed. It'd be interesting if we sign Humphries and Jamison goes to the Nets.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #11
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We don't want Humphries.

That guy is barely an upgrade over DJ White, but is asking for a long term deal worth close to 10 a year.

I hope they try to get Scola.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
We don't want Humphries.

That guy is barely an upgrade over DJ White, but is asking for a long term deal worth close to 10 a year.

I hope they try to get Scola.

You're right. Looks like Brooklyn is going to overpay for Mr. Kardashian. Starting to look more likely that we'll land either Jamison or Scola.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #13
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I hope we don't get Humphries. He's all hype.

Scola would be nice. But I'm not really impressed by the FO at this point. Granted, there isn't much going on, so its hard to be impressed.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #14
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

MKG with 15 pts at the half. Just sayin.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #15
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
MKG with 15 pts at the half. Just sayin.
our picks look awesome out there man
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: