Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:50 AM   #16
Trentknicks
Banned

Trentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: New stats on Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e Stoudemire could unlock Knicks’ offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
LOL this just shows your lack of knowledge to this game. Do you realize that stretch 4s are generally soft or small because the thinner/smaller you are, the better your shooting stroke is. So you have to sacrifice toughness just to accomodate melo. Sorry but youre not winning any chip with your stupid idea unless you get a dirk(who will turn melo into a 2nd option) as a stretch 4 or you have shaq/duncan as your 5 to compensate for your lack of toughness at the 4. Bargnani/scola aint getting it done. Theres a reason why those guys are inefficient/low impact players. Even kevin love whos considered a superstar is a low impact player because of his low efficiency. Power forward means POWER not soft and they are the ones who wins in this league. Thats why amare has been competing against the elites like duncan, dirk, oneal, etc while your boy melo is competing against fellow losers like carter, mcgrady, iverson with the title of lowest winning % in the playoffs. LOL Only idiots like dolan would build around melo when his history has already shown he cant win in this league. Thats why denver decided to cut costs and just there for entertainment because they already knew melo isnt the guy to build around.
That's obviously why the nuggets offered Melo a 60+ mill/3year extension the offseason before he was traded
Old 09-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #17
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation
Default Re: New stats on Carmelo Anthony, Amar’e Stoudemire could unlock Knicks’ offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentknicks
That's obviously why the nuggets offered Melo a 60+ mill/3year extension the offseason before he was traded

because melo being there=money. hes just there for entertainment. Thats why melo wants out coz nuggets decided to cut costs.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #18
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentknicks

You're wasting your time man. Trust me. Just put down the common sense and logic and just walk away lol
Old 09-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #19
Alan Shore
I airball my layups

Alan Shore has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
as long as melo has the mindset of a tmac or an iverson instead of a pierce, this team will be constant underachiever just like those rockets and denver(ai/melo). Melo is an overhype 2nd option. The time he got out of the first round was when billups put his ass into his ideal role(as a 2nd option). Melo doesnt pass the TS% test to be a first option. Hes efficiency is closer to tmac and iverson and we all know who these losers are. And thats because hes an idiot whod rather play like shaq than play like a true sg. Its the big men who plays like guards rather than guards who play like big men that wins in this league. Thats why shorter players like wade, kobe are more efficient than him.

Thats why its a joke to compare amare and melo. Amare wants to play like a guard thats why hes a constant overachiever throughout his career. Melo is nowhere in amare's league but too bad amare is just too unselfish that hes willing to defer to this loser. Fcuk this guy. get rid of this loser before its too late. This team has the potential to become a championship team if melo decides he wants to be pierce but right now Im seeing a tmac. Thats why he got rid of dantoni, the coach that wants him to be in his ideal role, and lin coz they are a hindrance to melo ball.

he had a chance to be like pierce and he showed he is incapable. pierce is a superior playmaker in this league. the guy is chronically underrated. he is also superior at drawing fouls.

knicks have been and continue to be in trouble since this lame-assed transaction. you don't pay max money and trade away rotation players and draft picks for a scorer who is also allergic to defending the position, doesn't make good decisions, and doesn't make others around him better. all of these things you do in a heartbeat for a genuine franchise player.

Last edited by Alan Shore : 09-07-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #20
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Shore
he had a chance to be like pierce and he showed he is incapable. pierce is a superior playmaker in this league. the guy is chronically underrated. he is also superior at drawing fouls.

knicks have been and continue to be in trouble since this lame-assed transaction. you don't pay max money and trade away rotation players and draft picks for a scorer who is also allergic to defending the position, doesn't make good decisions, and doesn't make others around him better. all of these things you do in a heartbeat for a genuine franchise player.

I dont think he needs to be a playmaker. I just want him to play teamball. Have awareness that his teammates need shots but right now he seems so focused on being the MAN. If only mcgrady attempted less than yao coz hes shooting awfully, that rockets team could have succeeded but mcgrady thinks he is a first option thats why those rockets are constant underachievers. And im seeing that attitude in melo. The guy wants to get all the credit while winning. And thats selfishness. And we all knew what happened to selfish people like tmac and AI. While Pierce, garnett, allen never cared about how many touches they get or how many points they score thats why we dont see them forcing bad shot after bad shot. I actually wanted melo here coz i thought he has the same mindset of pierce whos willing to sacrifice for winning but instead what we got is the opposite. He got rid of dantoni who wants him to play teamball and then lin whos a threat to becoming the man on this team. This team is becoming the marbury era again once walsh got fired.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #21
Alan Shore
I airball my layups

Alan Shore has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I dont think he needs to be a playmaker. I just want him to play teamball. Have awareness that his teammates need shots but right now he seems so focused on being the MAN. If only mcgrady attempted less than yao coz hes shooting awfully, that rockets team could have succeeded but mcgrady thinks he is a first option thats why those rockets are constant underachievers. And im seeing that attitude in melo. The guy wants to get all the credit while winning. And thats selfishness. And we all knew what happened to selfish people like tmac and AI. While Pierce, garnett, allen never cared about how many touches they get or how many points they score thats why we dont see them forcing bad shot after bad shot. I actually wanted melo here coz i thought he has the same mindset of pierce whos willing to sacrifice for winning but instead what we got is the opposite. He got rid of dantoni who wants him to play teamball and then lin whos a threat to becoming the man on this team. This team is becoming the marbury era again once walsh got fired.

ha ha well you thought wrong. still, i guess being a playmaker is not necessary but since neither he nor stoudemire are playmakers it makes genuine chemistry between them and for the team as a whole a very big obstacle to success. in fact i had the same expectations of stoudemire when we overpaid him to come here, ie i expected him to be able to find the open man instead of barreling into the lane and shooting over two or three defenders. but no, instead we heard how he put the team on his back and beasted during his half-season mvp run. utter nonsense... he undermined gelling and exhausted himself in the process.

anyway, on the other hand the bottom line for playing team ball requires his being willing to move without the ball, find the open man on drives, find cutters, set an example on defense, and not hold on to the ball so long that it sticks or at least make quicker decisions. a lot of posters complain that the reason why melo doesn't pass the ball is because everyone is standing around watching him. that's a load of cowsh.it.

confidence in yourself is a good thing but thinking too highly of yourself is a bad thing.

Last edited by Alan Shore : 09-07-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:41 AM   #22
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
LOL this just shows your lack of knowledge to this game. Do you realize that stretch 4s are generally soft or small because the thinner/smaller you are, the better your shooting stroke is. So you have to sacrifice toughness just to accomodate melo. Sorry but youre not winning any chip with your stupid idea unless you get a dirk(who will turn melo into a 2nd option) as a stretch 4 or you have shaq/duncan as your 5 to compensate for your lack of toughness at the 4. Bargnani/scola aint getting it done. Theres a reason why those guys are inefficient/low impact players. Even kevin love whos considered a superstar is a low impact player because of his low efficiency. Power forward means POWER not soft and they are the ones who wins in this league. Thats why amare has been competing against the elites like duncan, dirk, oneal, etc while your boy melo is competing against fellow losers like carter, mcgrady, iverson with the title of lowest winning % in the playoffs. LOL Only idiots like dolan would build around melo when his history has already shown he cant win in this league. Thats why denver decided to cut costs and just there for entertainment because they already knew melo isnt the guy to build around.
No this shows you can't even see what you have here. Carmelo is the best inside playing 3 maybe ever- and you want him to play the perimeter so that your "power forward" has "power" to him? You are an idiot because you can't see that Carmelo is power- "power 3".

A Bargnani level talent would make the team unstoppable by playing Carmelo around the hoop while the defenses had to cover a big on the perimeter that could drop 20-30 on you if you don't or even if you double down low.

Sad part Is that you probobaly can't even recognize that with Carmelo, amare, and chandler there is just too much of a mess of defenders in the paint to ever really be most dangerous. You take a guy out of that paint and 2 on 2 with Carmelo/chandler is more power than you'll ever need out of a pf.

Who cares if they are thin- if they can shoot and are covering the 4- how much defensively are they giving up from amare?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm no nostradamus, but my spidey senses tell me that Knickscity is gradually reaching the point where this thread is going to get shut down lol

Call it a hunch
Old 09-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #24
The Ownage
Local High School Star

The Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I'm no nostradamus, but my spidey senses tell me that Knickscity is gradually reaching the point where this thread is going to get shut down lol

Call it a hunch
Let it reach the 3rd page and I'm sure it will happen.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #25
knicksman
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Shore
ha ha well you thought wrong. still, i guess being a playmaker is not necessary but since neither he nor stoudemire are playmakers it makes genuine chemistry between them and for the team as a whole a very big obstacle to success. in fact i had the same expectations of stoudemire when we overpaid him to come here, ie i expected him to be able to find the open man instead of barreling into the lane and shooting over two or three defenders. but no, instead we heard how he put the team on his back and beasted during his half-season mvp run. utter nonsense... he undermined gelling and exhausted himself in the process.

anyway, on the other hand the bottom line for playing team ball requires his being willing to move without the ball, find the open man on drives, find cutters, set an example on defense, and not hold on to the ball so long that it sticks or at least make quicker decisions. a lot of posters complain that the reason why melo doesn't pass the ball is because everyone is standing around watching him. that's a load of cowsh.it.

confidence in yourself is a good thing but thinking too highly of yourself is a bad thing.

I think amare only forced shots because he wants to break that 30+ record. But other than that, amare on most nights has been scoring within the flow of the offense. I love amares game. Hes like durant who doesnt need the ball to be effective.

With melo, I dont think he wants to play teamball coz his stats would suffer if he will. He refused to attempt less when he returned to the lineup despite the team winning without him. This guy really wants to be the man thats why he keeps on forcing bad shots. He made dantoni quit who tried to transform him into team player. And then let lin run out of town coz hes a treat also. This guy is just selfish. He has the tmac mentality thats why this team will constantly underachieve.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:37 AM   #26
knicksman
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
No this shows you can't even see what you have here. Carmelo is the best inside playing 3 maybe ever- and you want him to play the perimeter so that your "power forward" has "power" to him? You are an idiot because you can't see that Carmelo is power- "power 3".

A Bargnani level talent would make the team unstoppable by playing Carmelo around the hoop while the defenses had to cover a big on the perimeter that could drop 20-30 on you if you don't or even if you double down low.

Sad part Is that you probobaly can't even recognize that with Carmelo, amare, and chandler there is just too much of a mess of defenders in the paint to ever really be most dangerous. You take a guy out of that paint and 2 on 2 with Carmelo/chandler is more power than you'll ever need out of a pf.

Who cares if they are thin- if they can shoot and are covering the 4- how much defensively are they giving up from amare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos

I can see that melo is a power 3 but Im not an idiot who doesnt recognize that no team has won with an undersize 4 or a power 3. The closest is barkley but hes efficient as a big man and rebounds like them. Can melo do that? Its the larry birds, magic, lebron that wins in this league not sfs who wants to be fat so they could play like shaq. LMAO. Thats why amare is a winner coz he has the same mindset as bird, magic, lebron while melo is a loser coz hes a dumbass who thinks posting up is what wins in this league. So again who in their right mind would build around melo who hasnt proven anything to a guy like amare who has been a winner even at a young age. Who in their right mind would build around a perimeter player when history shows big men wins in this league. So it should be melo who will adjust his game coz hes the one whos not playing the right way. He should model his game to a durant type of player or ray allen/miller. Those guys have succeeded more than melo despite 2 of them not being considered superstars. LOL Thats how low melos impact is. He has the impact of a 2nd option .

a barnagni level type of player aint getting it done. Just look at what happened to barnagni when he starts playing defense. He got injured in just how many games. Thats how soft stretch 4s are. And those guys are just hard to get. So youre only way is to let melo adjust to being the stretch 3 and starts playing like bird, durant because those are the guys that wins. The 3 pt line should be his place and not the paint. He shouldnt be clogging the paint coz its embarrassing for a sf whos been considered a superstar who cant space the floor. Hes the one whos out of position not amare.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #27
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What on earth are you two even discussing?

Get it all out, you've 24 hours and counting down......
Old 09-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #28
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
What on earth are you two even discussing?

Get it all out, you've 24 hours and counting down......
Yeah don't talk about the real issues of the Knicks and try to get opinions across and understood. No time for that- get back to talking about the uniforms on the video game or the shoes the players might wear
Old 09-14-2012, 01:56 AM   #29
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

chris bosh on knicks:

"I just wanna say -- the freakin' Knicks, man. I think they're going to be a good team," Bosh said. "Nobody's really talking about them, and I don't like it. They're flying under the radar right now. I think the Knicks are gonna be a very good team."
Old 09-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #30
knicksman
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
chris bosh on knicks:

"I just wanna say -- the freakin' Knicks, man. I think they're going to be a good team," Bosh said. "Nobody's really talking about them, and I don't like it. They're flying under the radar right now. I think the Knicks are gonna be a very good team."

Its because we have the potential to become a championship team. Its just that melo is holding us back by being selfish/cancer to this team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread