Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Week 1 Discussion and Game Thread

List of games

Let's gooooooo!!!
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Week 1 Discussion and Game Thread

What a great feeling it is to see this thread
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wednesday's opener should be a good one. Other games I am looking forward to:

St Louis vs Detroit
Pittsburgh vs Denver
San Fran vs Green Bay
Cincy vs Baltimore

The rest are kind of meh to me.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Wednesday's opener should be a good one. Other games I am looking forward to:

St Louis vs Detroit
Pittsburgh vs Denver
San Fran vs Green Bay
Cincy vs Baltimore

The rest are kind of meh to me.
I think that ATL @ KC could be a good game. Not the most popular game but 2 teams evenly matched especially with KC at home. Matt Ryan 84 QB rating compared to 105 at home and Julio/Roddy/Tony vs. Flowers/Routt/Berry should be great.

Is SD/OAK always on the first MNF of the year?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
I think that ATL @ KC could be a good game. Not the most popular game but 2 teams evenly matched especially with KC at home. Matt Ryan 84 QB rating compared to 105 at home and Julio/Roddy/Tony vs. Flowers/Routt/Berry should be great.

Is SD/OAK always on the first MNF of the year?
It makes sense because they can do a doubleheader with the late start and everything.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

ppl complaining about the matchups already? lol

NE vs TEN should be a shootout

BUF is going to cream the Jets

Indy vs Chicago should be a great game

SF vs GB duh

Pittsburgh vs Denver another awesome match up

And then two great division rivals on MNF..WOW
Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dallas looks like they have a much a better team than last year...Safety looked like it was a hole but everyone is raving about Church, apparently we have a stud safety.

our o-line is still weak in the middle...so Romo might have to scramble a bit but he is great at doing that...

I expect Dallas to shock the defending champs Wednesday night...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Dallas looks like they have a much a better team than last year...Safety looked like it was a hole but everyone is raving about Church, apparently we have a stud safety.

our o-line is still weak in the middle...so Romo might have to scramble a bit but he is great at doing that...

what would be shocking about dallas beating the giants? giants finished 9-7 last year and they both play in the nfc east. i just hope it's not a low scoring game for fantasy purposes because their week 1 games are always ugly.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #9
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It could def get ugly in that game. Dallas' banged up passing attack vs NY's banged up secondary. I'll be interested to see Carr/Claiborne vs Cruz/Nicks tho.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I hope they tie. Now THAT would kick off my year right.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #11
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Man, every year there's some player that coaches 'rave' about in practice, even preseason games. Let's see if he can translate it in the regular season, has to see Manning, Vick and Griffin 6 times.

Nicca finna get burned like a cig
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #12
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
what would be shocking about dallas beating the giants? giants finished 9-7 last year and they both play in the nfc east. i just hope it's not a low scoring game for fantasy purposes because their week 1 games are always ugly.
It won't shock me at all, I fully expect Dallas to win...it will shock the common folk in here
Old 08-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #13
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
It could def get ugly in that game. Dallas' banged up passing attack vs NY's banged up secondary. I'll be interested to see Carr/Claiborne vs Cruz/Nicks tho.
I expect Claiborne to get picked on...rookie is going to get tested...and I expect him to get burned a couple times, he has to adjust to NFL speed.

Pat Peterson had a slow start at CB too, but found his footing around mid season last year in coverage
Old 08-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #14
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
It won't shock me at all, I fully expect Dallas to win...it will shock the common folk in here
Why wouldn't you expect Dallas to win, i'm sure they will, just like last year. OH WAIT, we beat you both times. I forgot.

You predicted Dallas to go 13-3. I have more chance of getting a hummer from Rhianna sometime later today than Dallas going 13-3. Your Madden Season isn't what we are referring to, you do know that right?
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #15
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm curious to see where the refs go with the defensive penalties. Do they overcompensate and call at lot of them? Or are they going to let all the holding and such go?
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: