Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #46
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Week 1 Discussion and Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
You can say he's not that great in the regular season all you want but when you look at it, he was good enough last season to beat the Cowboys twice.

I'm not saying this guarantees a win but if your looking for a win through the mistakes of Eli Manning I suggest looking for an exploit elsewhere.
no exploit needed...that is what the Giants need from Dallas, like Miles losing the ball in the lights...we will win just by being the better team.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #47
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I see nothing that tells me the Cowboys won't be the same borderline playoff team shooting themselves in the foot again. By no means do I think my Giants are a lock, but it's laughable how people point out our flaws, but ignore those of the Cowboys when we've shown we can overcome them and Dallas has shown the opposite if anything.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #48
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I see nothing that tells me the Cowboys won't be the same borderline playoff team shooting themselves in the foot again. By no means do I think my Giants are a lock, but it's laughable how people point out our flaws, but ignore those of the Cowboys when we've shown we can overcome them and Dallas has shown the opposite if anything.

To give the organization credit they have definitely made moves to try and overcome their flaws (I.E. OLine, CBs).

But I agree with your approach 100%. They've made the moves but until we see them work I'd have to assume the same.

And lets not act like Romo put the ball in the best of spots for Austin to catch it.

That was IN Dallas too. You'd think a mistake like that would be made with the away team not the home team. The away team can't really exploit the home team by using the home teams stadium.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #49
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't have any faith in the Cows o-line, Dez and Austin are going to be constantly injured, Garrett is a mental midget with his playcalling, and the Ryan defense is suspect until proven otherwise.

Cows go 8-8 due to piss poor team construction and awful game management by Garrett even though Romo has another great year.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:19 AM   #50
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
I don't have any faith in the Cows o-line, Dez and Austin are going to be constantly injured, Garrett is a mental midget with his playcalling, and the Ryan defense is suspect until proven otherwise.

Cows go 8-8 due to piss poor team construction and awful game management by Garrett even though Romo has another great year.

i'm not a fan of either team and you make valid points, but keep in mind that giants secondary is banged up. they lost both thomas and prince for the season. austin is pretty injury prone but bryant has shown the ability to play through minor injuries. i'm just talking about this giants game, but romo has always done historically well vs. NY.

you were probably talking about the season overall, but i like cowboys in week 1. for the season, they just need austin and bryant to stay healthy. bryant is pretty tough to defend in single coverage but when his sidekick goes down, that plan all goes to hell. FWIW, i agree on garrett, but a lot of their season will come down to health.

anyway, i like dallas to pull off a close win over NY.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #51
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
To give the organization credit they have definitely made moves to try and overcome their flaws (I.E. OLine, CBs).

But I agree with your approach 100%. They've made the moves but until we see them work I'd have to assume the same.

And lets not act like Romo put the ball in the best of spots for Austin to catch it.

That was IN Dallas too. You'd think a mistake like that would be made with the away team not the home team. The away team can't really exploit the home team by using the home teams stadium.
P.Tiddy counts and makes conclusions on what is clutch or not, not taking into account the situation. Clutch in Super Bowl>in Playoffs>late Season>early season. Eli is more clutch the greater the situation, Romo has been less. That's a big difference.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #52
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
i'm not a fan of either team and you make valid points, but keep in mind that giants secondary is banged up. they lost both thomas and prince for the season. austin is pretty injury prone but bryant has shown the ability to play through minor injuries. i'm just talking about this giants game, but romo has always done historically well vs. NY.

you were probably talking about the season overall, but i like cowboys in week 1. for the season, they just need austin and bryant to stay healthy. bryant is pretty tough to defend in single coverage but when his sidekick goes down, that plan all goes to hell. FWIW, i agree on garrett, but a lot of their season will come down to health.

anyway, i like dallas to pull off a close win over NY.
The Cowboys definitely could win this game. I think it helps us that they will be playing in a monsoon tomorrow. It will make defending the passing game easier.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #53
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This team is much improved over last year...and has grown more mentally....look for Sean Lee to become a celebrity...Barry Church to shock...Livings didn't play preseason, he supposedly has been a complete stud...Murray is healthy...etc.

IDk WTF you guys are talking about Romo not putting it in good spots for receivers...his comp % and passer rating are higher than Elis...you can yap about the word "clutch" all you want but the bottom line is that teams win games...if Romo has a bad game it will likely be because of the Giants D.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #54
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
P.Tiddy counts and makes conclusions on what is clutch or not, not taking into account the situation. Clutch in Super Bowl>in Playoffs>late Season>early season. Eli is more clutch the greater the situation, Romo has been less. That's a big difference.
Wednesday is THE REGULAR SEASON.

not the SB...
Old 09-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #55
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

not the SB...
You regularly post that Eli cost the Giants more games than Romo, etc. ALL THE TIME. You don't differentiate the moments (when they occur) at all.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #56
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:

not the SB...
What was Bennett's issue with Romo? Is he just a surly guy?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #57
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What was Bennett's issue with Romo? Is he just a surly guy?

Bennett was a lazy ass who had nobody but himself to blame for his failures in Dallas.

He didn't get the ball much b/c when plays were actually designed for him he either ran a shitty route or let the ball fly right through his hands. About all he is useful for is blocking.

Its sad too b/c he has a ton of physical talent. He just isn't there mentally.

Being a disappointment is nothing new either. He was lazy and surly at Texas A&M as well.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #58
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
This team is much improved over last year...and has grown more mentally....look for Sean Lee to become a celebrity...Barry Church to shock...Livings didn't play preseason, he supposedly has been a complete stud...Murray is healthy...etc.

IDk WTF you guys are talking about Romo not putting it in good spots for receivers...his comp % and passer rating are higher than Elis...you can yap about the word "clutch" all you want but the bottom line is that teams win games...if Romo has a bad game it will likely be because of the Giants D.

Haha re-read the post again man. I was talking about that one specific throw. I never generalized it to anything.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #59
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

It's here mother ****ers!!!!!!!!!!!
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #60
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
It's here mother ****ers!!!!!!!!!!!

you said it fam... Im stoked.. I been excited all week
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: