Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation
Default Best RB in fantasy - DARREN SPROLES? - Rate my team

Ok so I joined a NFL Fantasy work league. I don't know anything about NFL but since my boss was commish I joined so I can beat him and talk shit.

I was doing some research and read that Darren Sproles has potential as best RB in PPR leagues, obviously no one at the draft thought that so everyone gave me shit when I picked him in the 2nd round lol.

Anyways, I'm curious what those who know about the game think of the team and where I should improve. And was Darren Sproles at the 18th pick a mistake in PPR league?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

12 team (PPR league + Passing TD = 6)

Picked 7th

QB - Eli Manning (Rd4)
RB1 - Darren Sproles (Rd2)
RB2 - Fred Jackson (Rd3)
WR1 - Calvin Johnson (Rd1)
WR2 - Steve Johnson (Rd5)
TE1 - Jermichael Finley (Rd7)
K1 - Alex Henery (Rd14)
DEF - Chicago (Rd12)
Flex - ?

Bench

RB - C.J. Spiller (Rd8)
RB - Peyton Hillis (Rd9)
RB - Jonathan Stewart (Rd6)
RB - Mike Goodson (Rd16)

WR - Denarius Moore (Rd11)
WR - Lance Moore (Rd10)
WR - Davone Bess (Rd13)
WR - Leonard Hankerson (Rd15)

Who is the best on the bench to warrant the flex spot or just shove anyone in based on matchups I guess?

Last edited by arkain : 08-31-2012 at 10:31 AM.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
TheSilentKiller
7-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Best RB in fantasy - DARREN SPROLES? - RTM

Darren Sproles in the second is pretty damn early. He does get a good amount of receptions, but that isn't enough to make up for the fact that he won't get as many carries as the other top backs. He is more of a rb2/3 than a solid first option. With that being said, you are a little weak at running back but not terrible. Fred Jackson is a decent number two and Peyton Hillis is a decent number 3 (you will probably end up playing him or CJ Spiller most weeks in the flex). Outside of Calvin, your receivers are kind of shit. Stevie Johnson is very inconsistent with a lot of targets but not much production. I don't really like any of the receivers on your bench besides Bess, and I only like him because you got him so late.

My advice is to be very active on the waiver wire and look around for guys that may explode fantasy wise (think Victor Cruz of last year). Good luck in your league.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Sproles is a top 10 PPR back, so no it was no a reach to select him in the 2nd round, it was actually quite savvy. As far as the rest of your squad goes it's pretty solid. You took Eli high but got good value for Finley. Love your Fred Jackson pick, especially in the 3rd round. Not a fan of Stevie Johnson, if you'd like a more depth analysis as to why check the ISH Money League Thread. I would look to upgrade your WR2 immediately as you have very little depth there. I would try to target Antoino Brown/Torrey Smith, maybe package Stevie with a couple bench players.

As far as your flex is concerned CJ Spiller could be a really nice play versus bad defenses. He will catch a lot of passes and he and FJAX will be the focal point of the Bills offense (which should be good I might add). Hillis is also a viable flex.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Darren Sproles in the second is pretty damn early. He does get a good amount of receptions, but that isn't enough to make up for the fact that he won't get as many carries as the other top backs. He is more of a rb2/3 than a solid first option. With that being said, you are a little weak at running back but not terrible. Fred Jackson is a decent number two and Peyton Hillis is a decent number 3 (you will probably end up playing him or CJ Spiller most weeks in the flex). Outside of Calvin, your receivers are kind of shit. Stevie Johnson is very inconsistent with a lot of targets but not much production. I don't really like any of the receivers on your bench besides Bess, and I only like him because you got him so late.

My advice is to be very active on the waiver wire and look around for guys that may explode fantasy wise (think Victor Cruz of last year). Good luck in your league.

In a PPR league, he is absolutely worth a late 2nd round pick IMO. This year has too many question marks at runningback than ever before. Should he take a chance on AP or MJD or Jamaal Charles. Sproles mid-late 2nd is a great pick for PPR format.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: