Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #16
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Hilton Armstrong: "Panathinaikos is the biggest step of my career."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
http://www.euroleague.net/ has everything that you are looking for there. Just check out the website.

As for the two German clubs, don't expect much. Neither of them are any good at all.

As for the two Italian clubs, Milano has a very good team, with lots of good players. Siena has some good players, but their basically almost an entirely new team, so no relation at all to the team that won 6 straight Italian titles.

I would say Milano has a shot at making the Euroleague Final Four, but they would probably not be favored to do so.

thanks

so on the site they explain the format well (as well as noting the important dates):

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/format

are the games in the round-robin home and home, or played at a neutral site?

I guess I'll back Milano (the soccer team I support is Inter, and that's where part of my family hails from, so I guess it makes sense)

I'll do some research on them, but do they have any star players I should look out for? there's still some time before games start, so I guess I have time to look into this
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #17
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Fiba basketball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
thanks

so on the site they explain the format well (as well as noting the important dates):

I guess I'll back Milano (the soccer team I support is Inter, and that's where part of my family hails from, so I guess it makes sense)

I'll do some research on them, but do they have any star players I should look out for? there's still some time before games start, so I guess I have time to look into this
Only final four is played on neutral site . As for Milano , they have a lot of good players and their best player is Langford but I wouldn't call him a star . Langford is in my ( and many others I have spoke with ) oppinion best 1 on 1 player in Europe , if you become a fan of Milano than you will become a fan of him as well . Best games in Euroleague are played in later in the season but there will be some great games in regular part of the season too like Barcelona vs CSKA . I would advise you not to miss that game because those two clubs are favorites for winning Euroleague and theres a big chance they will meet in finals or semi finals .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #18
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
thanks

The qualification round games are played at the same arena. The home arena of Cantu. The final four games are played at a neutral court in London. The other games are played as home and home contests in regular season and top 16, and as a 2-3 format in the playoffs.

The best player on Milano is Bourousis. But they have lots of good players.

Cook
Langford (huge ball hog though)
Basile (huge chucker though)
Hairston
Gentile
Fotsis
Melli
Bourousis
Hendrix

They are all quite good players, but Bourousis is definitely the best player on the team. After that the next best player is probably Fotsis or Hairston.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Only final four is played on neutral site . As for Milano , they have a lot of good players and their best player is Langford but I wouldn't call him a star . Langford is in my ( and many others I have spoke with ) oppinion best 1 on 1 player in Europe , if you become a fan of Milano than you will become a fan of him as well . Best games in Euroleague are played in later in the season but there will be some great games in regular part of the season too like Barcelona vs CSKA . I would advise you not to miss that game because those two clubs are favorites for winning Euroleague and theres a big chance they will meet in finals or semi finals .

Langford is a better one on one player than guys like McCalebb, Navarro, and Spanoulis?..........I don't think so.

Best one on one players in Europe would be,

Spanoulis, Navarro, McCalebb

then guys like

Rakocevic, Domercant, Teodosic, Ukic, Jamon Lucas, Halperin

then guys like

Langford, Lakovic (was better one on one player than Langford in his prime)

Last edited by Euroleague : 09-02-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #20
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The qualification round games are played at the same arena. The home arena of Cantu. The final four games are played at a neutral court in London. The other games are played as home and home contests in regular season and top 16, and as a 2-3 format in the playoffs.

Cook
Hairston
Gentile
Fotsis
Melli
Bourousis
Hendrix

They are all quite good players, but Bourousis is definitely the best player on the team. After that the next best player is probably Fotsis or Hairston.

Oh man, stop it, alright? Landford proved that he is not ballhog in Israel, Basile is one of the best shooters ever, and definitely not chucker, and Bourousis is NOT the best player. Enough with that greece BS! Keith will be their go to guy and their best player.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Oh man, stop it, alright? Landford proved that he is not ballhog in Israel, Basile is one of the best shooters ever, and definitely not chucker, and Bourousis is NOT the best player. Enough with that greece BS! Keith will be their go to guy and their best player.

Stop it. ENOUGH with your Lithuanian racist BULLSHIT and lies.

Langford will NOT be their best player. No way in hell is he as good as guys like Hairston and Bourousis. Not even remotely close.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #22
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
http://www.eurohoops.net/2012/08/dribbling/8923

By Niki Bakouli/ bakouli@eurohoops.net

There isn’t any official announcement yet by Panathinaikos, but Hilton Armstrong is considering himself a player of the Greens, and he talked about his decision to journalist Marinos Printezis in the newspaper “Sportday”.

“I know really well what I signed up for. Panathinaikos is a great club, one of Europe’s finest. I'm so happy with my decision”. After his manager told him about Panathinaikos’ offer, “I needed two days to discuss it with my family. They always have an important role to my decisions. After we agreed on coming to Athens altogether, I accepted the offer. I have big ambitions and my new team plays at the highest level. It means a lot, they got six times the European championship, plus many more domestic titles. It’s the biggest step of my career. I am ready to give my best. I cannot wait to come to Athens next week, and to learn all about my new team, and to meet my new teammates. I am really excited. I’m a team player and I’m looking forward to meeting my coach, and he can be sure that from now I am going to give whatever he needs me to give, for our team to be the best possible one”.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NNx26bkI9I
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #23
Kevin Love
Banned

Kevin Love is considered somewhat coolKevin Love is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Stop it. ENOUGH with your Lithuanian racist BULLSHIT and lies.

Langford will NOT be their best player. No way in hell is he as good as guys like Hairston and Bourousis. Not even remotely close.

Stop it. ENOUGH with your ACCUSATIONS and lies.

What did he say that was remotely close to being racist?
Kevin Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #24
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

mind=blown y'all don't have Euroleague on ignore
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #25
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Love
Stop it. ENOUGH with your ACCUSATIONS and lies.

What did he say that was remotely close to being racist?

What he said was purely racist.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #26
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball

Quote:

Cook
Hairston
Gentile
Fotsis
Melli
Bourousis
Hendrix

thanks
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #27
NOHCP3
Pelican Brief

NOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this board

Hornets drafted him and Cedric Simmons in the same draft.... Hurts my face thinking of that draft
NOHCP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #28
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Better start building the statue now.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:43 AM   #29
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

all greek league records will be broken this year
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #30
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Fiba basketball has decent reputation

Quote:
Langford is a better one on one player than guys like McCalebb, Navarro, and Spanoulis?..........I don't think so.

Best one on one players in Europe would be,

Spanoulis, Navarro, McCalebb

then guys like

Rakocevic, Domercant, Teodosic, Ukic, Jamon Lucas, Halperin

then guys like

Langford, Lakovic (was better one on one player than Langford in his prime)
He is better one on one player than any player you named , only one that is close to him is Bo but he needs to improve his mid range shooting if he wants to be better in one on one . And lol at players you named : Navarro , Spanoulis ( well he is very good when it comes to 1 on 1 but best , no way ) , Teodosic ( he is avrage one on one player at best but I would say he is bad ) and others . I'm not saying he is better player than them overral because he isn't but he is best player in his team and best 1 on 1 player in Europe .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: