Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool
Default Jonas Valanciunas Injuried

http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...injury-update/

Quote:
Raptors centre Jonas Valanciunas sustained a left calf strain during a voluntary workout Saturday afternoon.

The injury is not thought to be serious and he will be treated as symptoms require.

A timeline for a return to full basketball activity has not been established.

Only reason why I'd even want to watch a Raptors game this season..hope he doesn't have to miss any training camp days...
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie
http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...injury-update/

Only reason why I'd even want to watch a Raptors game this season..hope he doesn't have to miss any training camp days...

it's not serious. it's not even news. he'll be back on the court in no time.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
it's not serious. it's not even news. he'll be back on the court in no time.

IMO, big men and leg injuries is never not news.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #4
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

It's his calf, and a strain. I wouldn't be overly concerned.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
Parps
I hit open 5-footers

Parps is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
It's his calf, and a strain. I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Didn't Bargs have a re-occurring calf injury most of last year?
Parps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parps
Didn't Bargs have a re-occurring calf injury most of last year?

I think this is from stress and over-use than anything severe. The kid hasn't stopped playing year round ball since he was 17. Obviously your body is going to break down eventually.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #7
Legends66NBA7
The Edge

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chillin with Acy:

Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #8
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Non-story. Sorry to burst your bubble RT and OP. Not news indeed.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/...as-valanciunas
Quote:
Jonas Valanciunas was not wearing a walking boot on Wednesday, but didn't participate in basketball activities, either.
He's dealing with a calf strain, but isn't expected to miss much of training camp. The boot remains a bit of a mystery, since he has a calf injury, but the fact it was gone today is a good sign. Calf injuries can be tricky, but for now, Valanciunas is expected to be ready for training camp, and looks like the Raptors' opening-night starting center. Sep 26 - 5:21 PM
Source: Eric Koreen on Twitter
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #9
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Certainly hope its nothing serious. Their training camp is here in Halifax and I was looking forward to seeing him in action.

PS: lilbeastnani banned? or is that just a joke?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #10
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
PS: lilbeastnani banned? or is that just a joke?

?????

Where does this pop up ?
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #11
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
?????

Where does this pop up ?

Between his username and picture.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #12
Legends66NBA7
The Edge

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Between his username and picture.

His rep bar is still showing, so no he isn't banned.

He just kept that as his custom.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #13
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

In the OTC there was a thread called "the official GOBB appreciation thread" or something like that. I re-posted what someone else had already posted in another thread which was an e-fight that Jeff had with GOBB. And I added a youtube link of a vid Jeff had put of himself on youtube and made a joke about it. Then someone (I believe probably OSA) flew off the handle deleted the post and the thread, and gave me a 1 month ban only to remove it no more than 10 minutes later. So I just kept it up there because of how stupid that situation was. No worries, i'm not going anywhere.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #14
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Alright man, just wondering because of the fantasy league. Would be pretty hard to do if you couldn't post here! Behave yourself, son!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
....snip.....Blah blah blah.....
No worries, i'm not going anywhere.

While I dont often agree with you and I sometimes suspect you post "just to be provactive" (read shitdisturber) it would be a sadder and quieter world on these threads without you.

I disagree with many here from time to time ; but honestly I do find all of your insights interesting. It does make me consider and defend my own preconieved "correctness" - that applies to more than beast...include bloke, joe, funk, toni, chamber, etc all of you.

Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: