Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #1621
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyant
Yes and yes. Please elaborate on why he was the best today? Bayern won 7-0 on aggregate, and he was merely relevant on only one of the goals (which was a simple pas to a wide open player on Robben's goal on the first leg.) Today they scored twice after he was replaced. Sure he did his job, but I don't see how he was better than, say Ribery who had two assists today.

Mandzukic runs like a maniac, and helps his team on every facet of the game. Adding the fact that he is their top scorer, and I think he was the best player of Bayern. If anything those who only follow CL games under appreciate him, since he hasn't scored that much here. I have friends who believe Heynckes must have some kind of a vendetta with Gomez for not playing him. But if you pay attention he brings a lot to this team besides scoring, and deserves to be the starter. Of course I say he is the best performance wise, not ability wise.

Now back to Schweinsteiger, I don't want to be a hater, as I actually really like his game, but do you kids even know what Player of the Year award is supposed to be. The almighty Schweini was not among the initial 25 candidates for last years Fifa award, despite Bayern making it to the final last year as well. What is he doing this year that makes him so much better than he was in 2012? He is one of the best at his position, but so is Mario Gomez, and last year he had a much better season than Schweini is having now. You can facepalm all you want, but look how easily replaceable he was. It doesn't make them bad players or anything. But it makes them unworthy for such prestigious awards.

Actually scratch all of this. Show me one post where you (or anyone) claimed that Schweinsteiger should (or make it "might") win the POTY award before CL semis, or preferably even before Juventus series! Was there even a single person who ranked him higher than Messi or Ronaldo? Only now that Bayern showed such superiority AS A TEAM was his name brought up, and unlike some of you I can separate individual superiority from team accomplishments, and don't create my opinion only after seeing which team has done better so far. Team success should only be used as a tiebreaker between the players who deserve such awards with their individual brilliance.
Hah
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #1622
Flamboyant
Great young streetballer

Flamboyant is considered somewhat coolFlamboyant is considered somewhat coolFlamboyant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Because he was out like half of the year with an injury..

LOL at you have Mandzukic as a candidate. Alot of people just think he's a goal poacher playing with some GREAT teammates. Just look at the scoring track of some of the other forwards on munich

He played like 5 fewer games in the league, and the exect amount of games in Champions. How did you get half of the year from that?

And I don't have Mandzukic as a candidate. My whole point is: Just because Bayern is the best team, doesn't mean one of their players should win the player of the year award.
Flamboyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #1623
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyant
Yes and yes. Please elaborate on why he was the best today? Bayern won 7-0 on aggregate, and he was merely relevant on only one of the goals (which was a simple pas to a wide open player on Robben's goal on the first leg.) Today they scored twice after he was replaced. Sure he did his job, but I don't see how he was better than, say Ribery who had two assists today.
Ribery was great too, no doubt but less because of his two assists and more because of his once again immense work rate, he looked more like a second left back at times. And Schweinsteiger was like I said amazing, also great work rate, great defensively made some very important tackles took Xavi completely out of the game and also made some nice offensive plays.
But you obviously only look at the stat sheet instead of watching the game.

Last edited by blablabla : 05-02-2013 at 02:41 AM.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:03 AM   #1624
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:06 AM   #1625
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They don't allow rape on redtube.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:08 AM   #1626
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
i don't all the ins and outs of the situation but i think bilbao should have cashed in on him as soon as they realized he wanted out. laporte, ramalho, and obviously munian have very bright futures...i wonder how long athletic club will be able to hold on to them.

your rivals sociedad are having a great season btw
Ramalho isn't anything special IMO, and Muniain has sucked this season, he needs rest, he'll get some during summer, and a brain, which he'll never get.

As for selling Llorente, it's not that easy. That would have sent a message "It's ok, we'll sell any player for a price under their buyout clause, no problem!", which our team can't afford.
And think about this, who could we sign with the money? It's not like we got anybody with Javi Martínez's transfer. There are not that many good Basque players out there (or at least with decent contracts/buyouts)
Old 05-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #1627
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm just glad we have some fresh blood in the CL finals. I get tired of always seeing EPL and La Liga teams.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #1628
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

They don't allow rape on redtube.
The "midget" tag is missing lol
Old 05-02-2013, 03:12 AM   #1629
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I'm just glad we have some fresh blood in the CL finals. I get tired of always seeing EPL and La Liga teams.
I'm happy as long as there's no Barcelona vs Madrid game, I'm sick of the insane media coverage when these two play.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:36 AM   #1630
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
wishing death to all Catalans and now making fun of a guy who had testicular cancer?

How does it feel to be a walking piece of horse shit?

What the hell are you talking about?

Somebody hit me during basketball. I am too young to have had testis cancer

Last edited by Andrei89 : 05-02-2013 at 05:38 AM.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #1631
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
What the hell are you talking about?

Somebody hit me during basketball. I am too young to have had testis cancer
yeah i think nick should apologize for mixing you with a testicular cancer patient
thats mean, what a piece of horse shit
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #1632
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Somebody hit me during basketball.

I'm not saying he should have hit you in the balls, but I understand.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #1633
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
The "midget" tag is missing lol

Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #1634
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I'm not saying he should have hit you in the balls, but I understand.

Kut Hollander. Waarom zoveel haat?

Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #1635
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Kut Hollander. Waarom zoveel haat?

im sorry brah but no one likes a one-balled motherf*cker
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: