Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #166
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Thread

Yeah it is very hard to say.
I have a feeling Mourinho will be very, very focused on winning the CL this year, and the team will respond better than their Liga slump.
If I had to bet, I'd bet on Real's win.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #167
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Yeah i was just going to say that i have progressed beyond that! (NOT ALWAYS!)

Progressing beyond what? What does that even mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
City have the better squad. They have crazy depth and their starters are also better. They're also a team.

But Mancini is a chicken and he still sucks. But I don't think Real will win. But they're at home and I don't know that they'll lose either.

Sure we have great depth but we don't have many players in good form right now. Real has been struggling but we haven't been exactly tearing it up either. We got held by Stoke and Liverpool and barely got by Southampton. Real has just as much depth and better players in most positions. I'd love to see us pull out the win but I'd be very happy with a draw.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #168
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder

I guess he means he progressed beyond the level where a fan considers a match "better" just because there are more goals scored.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #169
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Sure we have great depth but we don't have many players in good form right now. Real has been struggling but we haven't been exactly tearing it up either. We got held by Stoke and Liverpool and barely got by Southampton. Real has just as much depth and better players in most positions. I'd love to see us pull out the win but I'd be very happy with a draw.
WHen you first watch soccer as a foreigner you are conditioned that "Scoring = Excitment" so a 0-0 game is terrible and a 5-3 game is great no matter what. You figure out later on that the 5-3 game might be a lopsided beating and the 0-0 game tight and exciting (although a lot of 0-0 games are horrific, especially when it's due to one team basically not trying to win)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #170
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
City have the better squad. They have crazy depth and their starters are also better. They're also a team.

But Mancini is a chicken and he still sucks. But I don't think Real will win. But they're at home and I don't know that they'll lose either.
The only positions Real is worse at are RB and probably DMF. I'm sure we'll win tonight, the players are going to come out with a chip on their shoulder.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #171
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
WHen you first watch soccer as a foreigner you are conditioned that "Scoring = Excitment" so a 0-0 game is terrible and a 5-3 game is great no matter what. You figure out later on that the 5-3 game might be a lopsided beating and the 0-0 game tight and exciting (although a lot of 0-0 games are horrific, especially when it's due to one team basically not trying to win)

Well, scoring actually IS exciting so to a certain extent the equation works.

The thing is, scoring is not the only exciting thing, so a 2-1 can be way more interesting than a 5-4.

It's like in bball I guess... an 80-79 game can be a much more interesting game than a 120-100.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #172
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
This Ajax team play some of the best football in the world right now. They're gonna lose a lot of players every year and just lost a big one in Vertonghen to Tottenham, but they still have some talent and just play great...and Eriksen is very special.

You are grossly overrating Ajax here. I hope that they can finish third in the group, but it would be a miracle. If they lose every game in the CL it wouldn't surprise me, every player will have to be on top to challenge any of these teams. We are talking youngsters many of which with no experience playing at this level. Some of them have no experience as professionals, period.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #173
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

Yea, because you're on the road. That's what I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
The only positions Real is worse at are RB and probably DMF. I'm sure we'll win tonight, the players are going to come our with a chip on their shoulder.

Absolutely not. Vincent Kompany is the best CB in this match. With the exception of Alonzo, City owns the midfield. Please don't think Mezut Ozil is better than David Silva.

CRon up front, yes. Higuain is world-class and often unappreciated, but he isn't better than Kun (who I understand is hurt) and Tevez is also the better overall player...and he seems to be interested.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #174
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What if Real loses?
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #175
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

You are grossly overrating Ajax here. I hope that they can finish third in the group, but it would be a miracle. If they lose every game in the CL it wouldn't surprise me, every player will have to be on top to challenge any of these teams. We are talking youngsters many of which with no experience playing at this level. Some of them have no experience as professionals, period.

How am I overrating them? I'm not saying they're very good. I don't think they'll finish ahead of Dortmund. He was asking for a game worth watching. The way Ajax play is great. They're not a great team tho.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #176
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
How am I overrating them? I'm not saying they're very good. I don't think they'll finish ahead of Dortmund. He was asking for a game worth watching. The way Ajax play is great. They're not a great team tho.

Alright, when you post stuff like "This Ajax team play some of the best football in the world right now." I didn't understand you meant their playing style exclusively.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #177
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Alright, when you post stuff like "This Ajax team play some of the best football in the world right now." I didn't understand you meant their playing style exclusively.

That's fair. I was hesitant of posting it that way. But the way they play is great. If they could keep their players a year or two longer they'd be serious contenders in the CL.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #178
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
This is not a question a loyal Barca fan would do...
thats because i love football and every good football game outside of barca... im not like the other posters on here who only watch and discuss about their favorite teams
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #179
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

and just like i said, mancini is trying to act smart, and goes with a more defensive unit- with tevez as the lone striker, yaya, barry and javi in the middle, and silva and nasri on the wings of course... nastasic will be in the back though.. hmm
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #180
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
and just like i said, mancini is trying to act smart, and goes with a more defensive unit- with tevez as the lone striker, yaya, barry and javi in the middle, and silva and nasri on the wings of course... nastasic will be in the back though.. hmm
That's the best name ever, NASTASTiC!
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: