Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #301
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Are you talking about the list above ? YES,THOSE ARE THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ATTENDANCES. Ten least visited games from the last decade.

I'm just saying that fans aren't behind their club (Dinamo) and that's the main reason for the low attendance.
i thought it was this year. Like, every game was non attended. Just totally wrong.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #302
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i thought it was this year. Like, every game was non attended. Just totally wrong.
Well,it was my fault too. I should have added the date when the games were played.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #303
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Well,it was my fault too. I should have added the date when the games were played.
I had an american soccer fan moment.

CHELSEA TODAY! I have a meeting (i'm working at home) from 2:30 to 4:00, a conference call). I'll have the game on in the background (no sound of course). Must refrain from YES! or **** U TORRES!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #304
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
WTF was Murinho thinking starting Essien over Ozil with that bitch ass Ronaldo palying for himself like the douche he is all game? It's so funny watching Khedira and Higuain trying hard to guide the ball in after Ronaldo just kept shooting the ball when he could have easily assisted
essien had a good game
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #305
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
essien had a good game
It's not about that, they lacked creativity in the midfield.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #306
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
It's not about that, they lacked creativity in the midfield.
They had a ton of good chances, their finishing was poor and they had some bad luck too (Hart was just in the right place). They had a bunch of 2 on 1 oppportunities too. Was their offense bad? The entire first half had Man City on their heels.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #307
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I had an american soccer fan moment.

CHELSEA TODAY! I have a meeting (i'm working at home) from 2:30 to 4:00, a conference call). I'll have the game on in the background (no sound of course). Must refrain from YES! or **** U TORRES!
I'll watch Bayern Munchen - Valencia. It will be on Croatian national TV,probably because Mandžukić plays for Bayern.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #308
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
I'll watch Bayern Munchen - Valencia. It will be on Croatian national TV,probably because Mandžukić plays for Bayern.

Fortunately Chelsea is the game on here. The EPL teams are popular so they take precedence over everyone except probably Real. Especially now that the La Liga games are on that stupid channel that none of us can get.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #309
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
They had a ton of good chances, their finishing was poor and they had some bad luck too (Hart was just in the right place). They had a bunch of 2 on 1 oppportunities too. Was their offense bad? The entire first half had Man City on their heels.
Nah, they lacked a playmaker, Ozil, to constantly pressure City's defense and put them on their back foot which obviously worked after he came in. I was shouting at Murinho from the comfort of my armchair to bring him in
I dunno what chances you are talking about but as I mentioned in my initial post the most dangerous chances were off Higuain and Khedira's futile efforts to make something out of Ronaldo's stupid plays. He kept doing the same thing the whole game but it finally worked even if he got lucky with it.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #310
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Fortunately Chelsea is the game on here. The EPL teams are popular so they take precedence over everyone except probably Real. Especially now that the La Liga games are on that stupid channel that none of us can get.
How did you even get into soccer ? I know most of Americans think it's boring and prefer their traditional sports (basketball,football,baseball,hockey).

Here in Europe it's by far the most popular sport. Probably the most popular sport in the whole world. In Croatia I think La Liga is a little bit more popular than EPL,mainly because of Barcelona and Real.

I'm not a typical European. I like NBA much more than I like Champions League or some other soccer competition.
But of course I like to watch some good soccer games too.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #311
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Nah, they lacked a playmaker, Ozil, to constantly pressure City's defense and put them on their back foot which obviously worked after he came in. I was shouting at Murinho from the comfort of my armchair to bring him in
I dunno what chances you are talking about but as I mentioned in my initial post the most dangerous chances were off Higuain and Khedira's futile efforts to make something out of Ronaldo's stupid plays. He kept doing the same thing the whole game but it finally worked even if he got lucky with it.
Ronaldo had a great chance 4 minutes into the game. They had another great one a few minutes later.

Not trying to be argumentative, more picking your brain.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #312
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
How did you even get into soccer ? I know most of Americans think it's boring and prefer their traditional sports (basketball,football,baseball,hockey).

Here in Europe it's by far the most popular sport. Probably the most popular sport in the whole world. In Croatia I think La Liga is a little bit more popular than EPL,mainly because of Barcelona and Real.

I'm not a typical European. I like NBA much more than I like Champions League or some other soccer competition.

I played in high school (midfield) and i play weekends (well i used to) in the park. I always LOVED the world cup. Never got into the other stuff. Then (and you will laugh at me) i started playing FIFA and i used Chelsea because i liked Drogba from the World Cup and his team. Noticed other players from that team on Chelsea and just started liking Chelsea so i decided i'd follow them for a season as best i could and i pretty much watch a good 75% of the games they play now as well as some others.

I love watching Real play. I think for a person who thinks Soccer is slow and boring watching Real and specifically Ronaldo come flying down the field 200 miles an hour is a revelation.

There is a thread where i was picking a team to follow and i just settled on Chelsea because they were really the only team i know and i took such shit from everyone. It was pretty funny.

Last edited by niko : 09-19-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #313
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
Ronaldo had a great chance 4 minutes into the game. They had another great one a few minutes later.

Not trying to be argumentative, more picking your brain.
lol we are talking about the same incident, Ronaldo got the ball then proceeded to kick it blindly off target but Higuain headed it towards City's goal which blocked by Hart. Almost the same scenario happened later this time with Khedira trying to deflect the ball into the net off another stupid and selfish shot by Ronaldo. Here check it out for yourself:
http://www.footytube.com/video/real-...y-sep18-130219
Old 09-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #314
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
I played in high school (midfield) and i play weekends (well i used to) in the park. I always LOVED the world cup. Never got into the other stuff. Then (and you will laugh at me) i started playing FIFA and i used Chelsea because i liked Drogba from the World Cup and his team. Noticed other players from that team on Chelsea and just started liking Chelsea so i decided i'd follow them for a season as best i could and i pretty much watch a good 75% of the games they play now as well as some others.

I love watching Real play. I think for a person who thinks Soccer is slow and boring watching Real and specifically Ronaldo come flying down the field 200 miles an hour is a revelation.
Soccer is fun if you're watching elite clubs like Real,Barcelona or Chelsea.
Not so fun if you're watching some scrub teams. That's like saying Bobcats-Wizards game is fun to watch (even though there's a small chance it could be fun)
Old 09-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #315
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I've got PSG over Kiev and Milan-Anderlecht under 2.5 goals.

Like taking candy from a baby

I have Barcelona - Spartak under 3.5 today

Quote:

Soccer isn't nearly as popular in terms of viewership as the four major sports in the US but participation at the youth level is very high. Lots of young kids play and almost every high school has a boys and girls team. Several of my friends are actually bigger fans of the EPL than the NFL and MLB. Baseball is slowly becoming less and less popular with the younger generations while soccer is increasing in popularity, especially women's soccer with the recent successes.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: