Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #331
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
What am i now? A homer or a bandwagoner? I cant be both so choose one.

And Spain does that while they ATTACK. With Chelsea its the complete opposite. They dont have the ball. They just kick it out.

Of course its valid. For the players it means everything. Like we saw with Drogba who was satisfied and left the club. A win is a win no matter what. But still i can never defend a team that plays like that. Even if Barca ever plays like that i will still cheer for them but no way i will defend their style. Football is a game that should bring excitement to the fans. Sometimes thats even more important than titles.

So yeah i ask you, would it be the same if Chelsea won the title the way they did or if they won the title in a dominant style outplaying all of the opponents with an offensive game style?
lawl you just read that on goal.com you clown. Go rot in the Macedonian coal pits like the rest of your family.

Greece's shit encrusted asshole.

GTFO
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #332
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=3652095&t=o GIFSoup
How is this boring?

What's boring to me is when players cheat and dive and get rewarded for it, like when Fabregas flopped to the floor without even being touched and the refs awarded a penalty, which Messi subsequently skied off the bar.

What's boring is slowly passing the ball around the field for 2-3 minutes at a time, before ending with a slow through ball into Petr Cech's waiting arms, and flopping to the floor if they do lose possession, which is how Barca played for 180 minutes.

Boring boring Barcelona. All of the best attacking moves came from Chelsea, including this epic dramatic moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReK1w...eature=related

You are Chelsea's bitch. Even against 10 men at home, with the ref giving you bullshit penalties you can't win. Deal with it.

And Victor Valdez is not a top 10 keeper in the world. F*ck off and die.
If Valdes was a top 10 GK, goals like that from Ramires would never happen.
And if you dont like Barca's style of football, then i question if you really like football at all.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #333
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
And if you dont like Barca's style of football, then i question if you really like football at all.
All you do is quote and endlessly repeat what the English commentators say

Have you ever been to Barcelona, sport?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #334
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive has decent reputationOverdrive has decent reputation

Quote:
Football is a game that should bring excitement to the fans. Sometimes thats even more important than titles.

No it's not, never ever. Real plays exciting football, but their fans were very disatisfied for years now until they won the national title.

Quote:
So yeah i ask you, would it be the same if Chelsea won the title the way they did or if they won the title in a dominant style outplaying all of the opponents with an offensive game style?

No, because dominant style means that you win, by being better than your opponent. You can play dominant, choking defense as Chelsea did last year. As I said the only way to stop the ballcontaining Barca style is to let them do their thing in midfield and choke their "strikers" out of the game.
Most teams try to counter Barca style by deploying a ballcontaining style themselves, which doesn't work against the masters of that style.

Aside from that I think ballcontaining is the most successful style at any level of football, but it's the most boring shit. Playing vertically for 90% of the game and only try some horizontal passes, when there's a certain opportunity makes the game boring.

Before tiki taka Barca used to play totaal voetbal, way more exciting.

Last edited by Overdrive : 09-19-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #335
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
All you do is quote and endlessly repeat what the English commentators say

Have you ever been to Barcelona, sport?
No i dont, but seems like you know all of their quotes.

Only visited the stadium and havent watched a game at the camp still
Old 09-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #336
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Quote:

You don't seem to like football, because you cannot accept that Barca couldn't beat Chelsea superior defensive strategy to Barca's offense.

I still have one question for you that you've never answered:

Do you support a macedonian team?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #337
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
No i dont, but seems like you know all of their quotes.

Only visited the stadium and havent watched a game at the camp still

dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #338
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Sorry, a bandwagoner. Not a homer. My bad.

Do you play sports? The point is to win the game. Chelsea won. You don't get style points. You're so full of shit, i notice you ignored my point about Spain, who plays there horrid boring games where they take the air out of the ball, games where you absolutely rep them to death. And you should.

WINNING is the point. Criticizing Chelsea for making a smart tactical choice that was succesful and threw Barca, a better team off so much is ridiculous. Basically you are saying they should have lost.

That's ten different kinds of stupid.

Note: Do you play soccer? You can't play at a breakneck pace against better players and a better team. You need to pick and choose your spots. if i were to tell my coach "we can't play that way, we need to play the way the other team wants us to or lose respect" i would have been benched and probably slapped. LOL. Are you kidding?
Surely the winning is the point. But i would never be satisfied with the win if it was in a shitty way that will always be criticized and questioned.

No i would just ask the coach : Hey coach do you think we should play 10 men at the back and just kick the ball the hardest we can?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #339
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
You don't seem to like football, because you cannot accept that Barca couldn't beat Chelsea superior defensive strategy to Barca's offense.

no
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #340
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive

He supports Spanish NT ahead of Macedonian NT

He used to ramble on and on about the best team in Skopje but the next year they didn't win the title in that shitty rigged corrupt league and he jumped off the bandwagon XD
Old 09-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #341
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Surely the winning is the point. But i would never be satisfied with the win if it was in a shitty way that will always be criticized and questioned.

No i would just ask the coach : Hey coach do you think we should play 10 men at the back and just kick the ball the hardest we can?
Di Matteo>Guardiola, deal with it sport

Shortly after this, Guardiola got so shook he gave a teary eyed press conference announcing his mental breakdown and retirement.

Chelsea shook Guardiola so bad he had to retire.

Last edited by Nick Young : 09-19-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #342
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby

good for you

this is my local team:

lots of fans but no money and passion
Old 09-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #343
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Quote:

You just answered his question, you never played football.

First thing you learn is to not question the coaches tactic, because YOU will be the one who ****s up the whole game unless you're trying to start a mutany to get the coach fired. Ask Nicolas Anelka how that worked out for him.

Second you are satisfied if you win, especially against a superior team by deploying the superior tactic.

Barca became a one trick pony that tries to shove their style of play down the other teams throats.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #344
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

Quote:
He supports Spanish NT ahead of Macedonian NT

He used to ramble on and on about the best team in Skopje but the next year they didn't win the title in that shitty rigged corrupt league and he jumped off the bandwagon XD
im not even from skopje, you are making shit up once again
Old 09-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #345
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Quote:
no

Why do you call others bandwagoners?