Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #346
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
Surely the winning is the point. But i would never be satisfied with the win if it was in a shitty way that will always be criticized and questioned.

No i would just ask the coach : Hey coach do you think we should play 10 men at the back and just kick the ball the hardest we can?
Do you think jumping into the air and flopping to the floor without getting touched, and then being awarded penalties like Cesc Fabregas does is the right way to play football?

Do you think diving to the floor faking injury when you havent even been touched to get opposing players sent off, like Dani Alvez did against Pepe to give him a bullshit redcard is the right way to play football?

Last edited by Nick Young : 09-19-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #347
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
Why do you call others bandwagoners?
I guess you are new here. They call me.

And i never cheered for a macedonia team and i never will. There is no bandwagoning here
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #348
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

And i never cheered for a macedonia team and i never will. There is no bandwagoning here
Supporting Spanish NT>your home country is bandwagoning dumbass.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #349
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Do you think jumping into the air and flopping to the floor without getting touched, and then being awarded penalties like Cesc Fabregas does is the right way to play football?

Do you think diving to the floor faking injury to get opposing players sent off, like Dani Alvez did against Pepe to give him a bullshit redcard is the right way to play football?
Things like these happen all the time. But you are too blinded to see that. You only notice it when it happens for Barca.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #350
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive is considered somewhat coolOverdrive is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Yes I'm new, am no alt account, but I saw you calling others bandwagoners already and it's hypocritical if you don't support your local team. I got no problem with bandwagoning, if your local league sucks. Due to the overexposure of CL football alot of football fans choose to follow a football team of a bigger league, but if you do don't call out others.

btw I called you gloryhunter not bandwagoner last time. That's a better term imo.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #351
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Quote:
Do you think diving to the floor faking injury when you havent even been touched to get opposing players sent off, like Dani Alvez did against Pepe to give him a bullshit redcard is the right way to play football?

That red card was totally warranted. Injury or no injury, he tackled him with a stiff leg from behind. Textbook red card by fifa rules.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #352
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
That red card was totally warranted. Injury or no injury, he tackled him with a stiff leg from behind. Textbook red card by fifa rules.
He didnt even touch Dani Alvez.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #353
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Things like these happen all the time. But you are too blinded to see that. You only notice it when it happens for Barca.
Do you think its the right way to play football? That's barca plan B. Plan A is pass the ball around. If that doesnt work, Plan B seems to be diving and cheating for free penalties. Is that how football is supposed to be played?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #354
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Surely the winning is the point. But i would never be satisfied with the win if it was in a shitty way that will always be criticized and questioned.

No i would just ask the coach : Hey coach do you think we should play 10 men at the back and just kick the ball the hardest we can?

Aside from you describing how they play in stupid terms that are wrong, you would basically be told to go home. You are basically saying that you want every team to play like Barcelona as if there aren't different styles, and that making tactical decisions against better teams is not necessary. And winning is the point. You clearly are not a person who plays sports. Playing a tight gameplan perfectly like that and beating a better team is hugely exciting.

You sound more like the American soccer fan that me, you think defense isn't important.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #355
alenleomessi

Quote:
Yes I'm new, am no alt account, but I saw you calling others bandwagoners already and it's hypocritical if you don't support your local team. I got no problem with bandwagoning, if your local league sucks. Due to the overexposure of CL football alot of football fans choose to follow a football team of a bigger league, but if you do don't call out others.

btw I called you gloryhunter not bandwagoner last time. That's a better term imo.
gloryhunter is someone who starts to follow a team who just started winning titles. someone who is mainstream in football. someone like barca in 2008/09 when they won everything. well im a fan of this team way earlier than that. but if u feel like calling someone u dont know a gloryhunter on an internet forum, feel free to...

as for bandwagoner i think i got that when i said that i cheer for spain and not macedonia ( or maybe even before that when i said that i like some of madrid's players )

If that is bandwagoner than what is someone who cheers for 2-3 or more teams? There are many of those in this forum. So yeah i find it ironic when someone like that calls me bandwagoner.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #356
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Quote:
He didnt even touch Dani Alvez.

Not sure if we're talking about the same foul. Will look it up. Might be in the wrong.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #357
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

"People die all the time. So it doesn't matter if we kill people." - alenleomessi

BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #358
alenleomessi

Quote:
Do you think its the right way to play football? That's barca plan B. Plan A is pass the ball around. If that doesnt work, Plan B seems to be diving and cheating for free penalties. Is that how football is supposed to be played?
Surely not i hate when they do that too. At least im honest about that. You will never be if it happened for Chelsea.
But what can i do about it? Whine on the internet?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #359
alenleomessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Aside from you describing how they play in stupid terms that are wrong, you would basically be told to go home. You are basically saying that you want every team to play like Barcelona as if there aren't different styles, and that making tactical decisions against better teams is not necessary. And winning is the point. You clearly are not a person who plays sports. Playing a tight gameplan perfectly like that and beating a better team is hugely exciting.

You sound more like the American soccer fan that me, you think defense isn't important.
Dude i understand tactics, defense, find a way to win and all... but 10 freaking man at the back... thats just ABSURD
Old 09-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #360
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Surely not i hate when they do that too. At least im honest about that. You will never be if it happened for Chelsea.
But what can i do about it? Whine on the internet?

There is absolutely nothing Barca does that you hate. You are basically arguing that Chelsea should have played a style that allowed Barca to win in order to gain the respect of fans around the world. Literally you are saying that. WHY DIDN'T THEY PLAY THE STYLE BARCA WANTED THEM TO?

You've told me like 97 times i don't know what i'm talking about and you are arguing today that defensive play is wrong, tactical play is wrong, and that winning in that style is below losing.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: