Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #361
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
Dude i understand tactics, defense, find a way to win and all... but 10 freaking man at the back... thats just ABSURD

They pushed up only when Barca was about to shoot. It threw Barca off terribly, allowed Chelsea to get two counterattacking goals and win the game. It was brilliant. They were outmatched, playing a better team that an offensive gameplan would give too many good chances. So they played like that (note: FOR ONE GAME despite your bitching to the contrary) and they won and won the Champions league and all the comes with it.

Your opinion is absurd. Again, you are complaining Chelsea did not allow Barca to win. You sound like a child.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #362
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
There is absolutely nothing Barca does that you hate. You are basically arguing that Chelsea should have played a style that allowed Barca to win in order to gain the respect of fans around the world. Literally you are saying that. WHY DIDN'T THEY PLAY THE STYLE BARCA WANTED THEM TO?

You've told me like 97 times i don't know what i'm talking about and you are arguing today that defensive play is wrong, tactical play is wrong, and that winning in that style is below losing.
look at the post above

i never said that literally, you are making shit up the way you wanna hear em
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #363
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
There is absolutely nothing Barca does that you hate. You are basically arguing that Chelsea should have played a style that allowed Barca to win in order to gain the respect of fans around the world. Literally you are saying that. WHY DIDN'T THEY PLAY THE STYLE BARCA WANTED THEM TO?

You've told me like 97 times i don't know what i'm talking about and you are arguing today that defensive play is wrong, tactical play is wrong, and that winning in that style is below losing.

Barcelona can't lose. Only football can lose.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #364
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
They pushed up only when Barca was about to shoot. It threw Barca off terribly, allowed Chelsea to get two counterattacking goals and win the game. It was brilliant. They were outmatched, playing a better team that an offensive gameplan would give too many good chances. So they played like that (note: FOR ONE GAME despite your bitching to the contrary) and they won and won the Champions league and all the comes with it.

Your opinion is absurd. Again, you are complaining Chelsea did not allow Barca to win. You sound like a child.
Again, im only complaining about the style they played. Believe me if you as big of a fan i am, you would do the same thing if it happened the opposite way.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #365
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What am i now? A homer or a bandwagoner? I cant be both so choose one.

And Spain does that while they ATTACK. With Chelsea its the complete opposite. They dont have the ball. They just kick it out.

Of course its valid. For the players it means everything. Like we saw with Drogba who was satisfied and left the club. A win is a win no matter what. But still i can never defend a team that plays like that. Even if Barca ever plays like that i will still cheer for them but no way i will defend their style. Football is a game that should bring excitement to the fans. Sometimes thats even more important than titles.

So yeah i ask you, would it be the same if Chelsea won the title the way they did or if they won the title in a dominant style outplaying all of the opponents with an offensive game style?

One of the many stupid things you said that you are denying you said. You said several times you wouldn't be satisfied. With beating Barca and winning the Champions league. Seriously?

Teams play different styles, you are acting like they don't and that some styles are ok and some are not.

You keep ignoring the Spain comparisons, they are terribly boring. Why doesn't that offend you too?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #366
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Again, im only complaining about the style they played. Believe me if you as big of a fan i am, you would do the same thing if it happened the opposite way.

no i would not, i would be unhappy we lost but i expect teams to do that. Are you really a knowledgable fans? Weakers teams in EPL play that kind of game against Chelsea all the time. In the World Cup it's a freaking mainstay. Why are you acting like this is rare?

Note: Real plays a more fun style to watch than Barca, why doesn't Barca play more open like Real does so the game is more exciting? So what Barca wins more, don't they want the respect of fans?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #367
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

He should watch Bundesliga. 80% of Bayern games are with one team having a ten men defense.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #368
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive has decent reputationOverdrive has decent reputation

Quote:
gloryhunter is someone who starts to follow a team who just started winning titles. someone who is mainstream in football. someone like barca in 2008/09 when they won everything. well im a fan of this team way earlier than that. but if u feel like calling someone u dont know a gloryhunter on an internet forum, feel free to...

When has Barcelona not won? They're one of the most successful teams in football history. Got the highest number of fans and clubmembers of any club, not just since '08. They're the biggest club all over the world.

Why didn't you choose Ajax, Lyon or any other offensive oriented team of that tier?

Quote:
as for bandwagoner i think i got that when i said that i cheer for spain and not macedonia ( or maybe even before that when i said that i like some of madrid's players )

If that is bandwagoner than what is someone who cheers for 2-3 or more teams? There are many of those in this forum. So yeah i find it ironic when someone like that calls me bandwagoner.

The fact that you don't support your local team makes you a bandwagoner, the fact that it's the Lakers of european football makes you a gloryhunter.

Personally I don't give a shit who you support, but you who feels seemingly offended by those names shouldn't call out others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
Not sure if we're talking about the same foul. Will look it up. Might be in the wrong.

Well we're talking 'bout the same foul. He touched him. I called red card immediately when I saw it. Even if he sold it as excessive contact it was a red card. The aftermath isn't as important as the intention of the foul. Pepe never intented to get the ball. It was just a stupid mindless foul.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #369
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

Quote:
One of the many stupid things you said that you are denying you said. You said several times you wouldn't be satisfied. With beating Barca and winning the Champions league. Seriously?

Teams play different styles, you are acting like they don't and that some styles are ok and some are not.

You keep ignoring the Spain comparisons, they are terribly boring. Why doesn't that offend you too?
chelsea's style was anything but a football style.. i would call it more of a cowardness style..
and i told it might have been boring, but there were doing that on offense with the ball in their feet while leading... the opposite team is the one that should do something about it, not spain
Old 09-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #370
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive has decent reputationOverdrive has decent reputation

Quote:
chelsea's style was anything but a football style.. i would call it more of a cowardness style..

It's one of the two basic football styles. Just because you dig offensive oriented style doesn't mean defensive oriented style is wrong. And you said that winning with the style is shameful and by that said teams with that style should rather lose.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #371
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
He should watch Bundesliga. 80% of Bayern games are with one team having a ten men defense.
not even close
Old 09-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #372
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

Quote:
no i would not, i would be unhappy we lost but i expect teams to do that. Are you really a knowledgable fans? Weakers teams in EPL play that kind of game against Chelsea all the time. In the World Cup it's a freaking mainstay. Why are you acting like this is rare?

Note: Real plays a more fun style to watch than Barca, why doesn't Barca play more open like Real does so the game is more exciting? So what Barca wins more, don't they want the respect of fans?
not they dont, and even if they did they are small teams while both chelsea and barca are big

real plays more fun style than barca? hmm first time i hear that.. u have awkwardly different taste... i guess being american does that for u
and real are a different team, they play through the wingers more and have taller strikers
Old 09-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #373
niko
I Run NY.

i love alenlomessi's passion but he's ridiculous in terms of supporting his team, he basically says its a crime when his team loses.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #374
alenleomessi
el kun & leo

Quote:
When has Barcelona not won? They're one of the most successful teams in football history. Got the highest number of fans and clubmembers of any club, not just since '08. They're the biggest club all over the world.

Why didn't you choose Ajax, Lyon or any other offensive oriented team of that tier?

The fact that you don't support your local team makes you a bandwagoner, the fact that it's the Lakers of european football makes you a gloryhunter.

Personally I don't give a shit who you support, but you who feels seemingly offended by those names shouldn't call out others.

you cant really ask me that.. its like me asking u why you love your wife/gf and not some other chick... or why you love your dad and not some random guy on the street... it all came natural to me... i just loved the team the first time i watched it and grew up watching it

so now based by your logic, im both bandwagoner and gloryhunter, because i dont support my local team and because i support a team that is the most popular in europe

ok.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #375
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Not sure if we're talking about the same foul. Will look it up. Might be in the wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC67GUzV6m8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlmknoeyk3g
Fabregas flops over in perfect unison with the tackle, but was not touched at all, no contact-wins penalty.

Scummy Scummy Barcelona. Don't forget how Messi's roidrage which comes out every time he's losing goes unpunished time after time.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: