Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #46
CeltsGarlic
so sophisticated

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Thread

Barca wont destroy spartak. They are not the team who scores that many goals. Braga will win but no more than 1-0. I dunno if they have the same style since 2010 europa final. Juve will win.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #47
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

alenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Barca wont destroy spartak. They are not the team who scores that many goals. Braga will win but no more than 1-0. I dunno if they have the same style since 2010 europa final. Juve will win.
ummm what?

and i was thinking juve beating chelsea too, but i dont know at stamford bridge will be tough... that one can go either way... juve at home should beat chelsea though
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #48
brownmamba00
Cali Love

brownmamba00 is a pretty well-respected posterbrownmamba00 is a pretty well-respected posterbrownmamba00 is a pretty well-respected posterbrownmamba00 is a pretty well-respected poster

go Galatasaray
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #49
soadrules
Good High School Starter

soadrules has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
ummm what?

and i was thinking juve beating chelsea too, but i dont know at stamford bridge will be tough... that one can go either way... juve at home should beat chelsea though

I think Chelsea will beat Juve both times, a 3-0 and 2-1. I don't want them to, but Juve don't really have too many European experienced players (outside of Pirlo/Chiellini/Buffon (& a few others like Lucio who probably won't play)), especially up front if I remember correctly. I hope Juve destroys them though.
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #50
CeltsGarlic
so sophisticated

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
ummm what?

I mean, it will probably end like 3-0, no way they will score 6 goals. The only time I remember in CL they scored more than 5 was against Leverkusen.

Well, I still think chelsea's bad defense and avarage offense wont cut against Juves great ball movement with good FW's and strict defense(when they really try hard).
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #51
AirTupac
Hop on the Buss

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think Aguero will be fit to start on Tuesday but he'll come off the bench hopefully.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #52
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Real Madrid have no shot. Let's get that out of the way.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #53
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm excited for the game against Madrid but I'm not optimistic about it. Our defense has been shaky all season and we've been wasteful with our chances. I think Zabaleta needs to start rather than Maicon because we can't afford to have Maicon caught out of position with Ronaldo on the flanks. If Kun is fit, we've got to put him in.

Best lineup for this game would be:
Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Lescott - Clichy
Silva - Toure - Garcia - Nasri
Tevez - Aguero

Dzeko or Balotelli to sub in at some point along with Maicon.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #54
AirTupac
Hop on the Buss

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I'm excited for the game against Madrid but I'm not optimistic about it. Our defense has been shaky all season and we've been wasteful with our chances. I think Zabaleta needs to start rather than Maicon because we can't afford to have Maicon caught out of position with Ronaldo on the flanks. If Kun is fit, we've got to put him in.

Hart
Tevez - Aguero

I doubt Mancini is going to risk giving Aguero a start with him just starting to return. I love Garcia already though so I agree with most of the players you chose. I think Dzeko will start given the fact that he had rested against Stoke and he's in fine form. Clichy definitely has to start over Kolarov in this type of game. Aguero will probably come around the 60th minute.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #55
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Madrid have reached the inevitable letdown mode. I don't think they'll get out of the 1st round.

aleomessi...almost every single one of your posts in this thread suck. Shutup.

Barcelona have the best team, but I think it's difficult to win in the first year without Guardiola. The league, yes, because the team will be more direct this year (biggest issue with them last year) but I have concerns over the CL. Especially when watching the 2nd leg of the Copa Del Rey. We'll see if Tito improves.

Juventus look good. It's possible...Bayern are, as ever, unbalanced. It's all about the attack overwhelming. They won't win the league but it's possible the big guns make a push. City is still coached by Mancini, so I highly doubt it. PSG is a bunch of money and coached by Ancelotti, who has always been overrated. No chance.

Chelsea look terrific. They'll have a chance if they dump Torres. Also, Romeu deserves a run out. He's special.

BTW, Nick Young...since you're such a Chelsea fan, you should be able to spell Ramires. Well done.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #56
Nick Young
Prophet of the Mamba

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
ummm what?

Prepare to die again by the Chelsea blade in 2013
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #57
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

alenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this boardalenleomessi has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Madrid have reached the inevitable letdown mode. I don't think they'll get out of the 1st round.

aleomessi...almost every single one of your posts in this thread suck. Shutup.

Barcelona have the best team, but I think it's difficult to win in the first year without Guardiola. The league, yes, because the team will be more direct this year (biggest issue with them last year) but I have concerns over the CL. Especially when watching the 2nd leg of the Copa Del Rey. We'll see if Tito improves.

Juventus look good. It's possible...Bayern are, as ever, unbalanced. It's all about the attack overwhelming. They won't win the league but it's possible the big guns make a push. City is still coached by Mancini, so I highly doubt it. PSG is a bunch of money and coached by Ancelotti, who has always been overrated. No chance.

Chelsea look terrific. They'll have a chance if they dump Torres. Also, Romeu deserves a run out. He's special.

BTW, Nick Young...since you're such a Chelsea fan, you should be able to spell Ramires. Well done.
And everything you wrote in this post is so dumb that my IQ dropped

First, as bad as Real is right now, they WILL get out of the first round... Why? Mourinho... Thats why.

Second, people were saying the same thing 4 years ago - ' It will be extremely hard for Barca to win CL in the first year without Rijkaard... Pep is too inexperienced' ... Did you know what happened that year? Barca won EVERY trophy.

As for the winner, Barca and Real are still the favourites, with both Manchesters after them. Bayern and Chelsea have an outside chance.

And Chelsea doesnt really look terrific. Their defense is shaky. They have holes in the middle after getting rid of Essien and Meireles. And lol no Romeu is far from a regular starter. And they should not get rid of Torres, since he will be cheap now ( they got him for shitload of money so it wont make sense ), so they should give him a full season as a starter before they do something about his future.

BTW, since you are such a spelling checker, you should be able to read and write correctly my username. Well done, dumbass.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #58
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder

Hart
Tevez - Aguero

i think mancini might try to act smart and go more defensive with tevez as the lone striker and rodwell or barry as DM alongside Garcia, so Yaya can go further.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #59
AirTupac
Hop on the Buss

Quote:
i think mancini might try to act smart and go more defensive with tevez as the lone striker and rodwell or barry as DM alongside Garcia, so Yaya can go further.

If he does that, it'll definitely be Barry and Garcia.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #60
EnoughSaid
DYNASTY

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Did someone say Barca is going to win 6-0 against my Spartak? Come on man. Spartak can score, and they will. Defense is great as well. I think no more than 2 goals from either team will be allowed.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: