Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #76
blablabla

Default Re: 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
last year... last year... last year... well guess what... its not last year anymore... bayern might have gotten better, but so did city and united
how did city get better, they got a little deeper that's about it and united is meh good enough for the epl but i don't think they are good enough to win the cl
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #77
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote:
badstuber is always shaky when i watch him, he could do a costly mistake any minute..i wouldnt trust him in big games... and i didnt know that about dante... didnt really notice him last years in the few gladbah games i watched... he has been good so far this season, but yeah like i said weak opponents who dont posses much of a treat

and bayern midfield is strong no doubt, top 3 in the world alongside barca and city... but lets not forget that they are the most injury prone of the favourites and they have some prima donnas who can fight for a free kick anyday

so yeah its way to early to talk about the CL finalists who will need to face Barca.

I'm counting on it. Bayern is better without Robben.

That said, injuries won't be as big a problem this season because of the depth.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #78
AirTupac
Hop on the Buss

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
how did city get better, they got a little deeper that's about it and united is meh good enough for the epl but i don't think they are good enough to win the cl

Got rid of Savic for Nastasic (Upgrade) Savic was trash and cost City a lot of points.

Garcia for De Jong (Upgrade)
Got rid of Adam Johnson (He was useless)
Insert Rodwell and Maicon
Tevez is back in great form.
Signed Sinclair

City aren't at full strength yet because of all the changes so we have yet to see the best of them.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #79
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Got rid of Savic for Nastasic (Upgrade) Savic was trash and cost City a lot of points.

Signed Sinclair

City aren't at full strength yet because of all the changes so we have yet to see the best of them.

Nastasic, Garcia, Rodwell, and Maicon woudln't even make Bayern's bench.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #80
AirTupac
Hop on the Buss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin

Yeah...
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #81
blablabla

Quote:

it's almost true
Old 09-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #82
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
city have some chemistry and balance now because finally after some time they didnt sell some of their key players and have gotten much deeper at every position now they have 2 or 3 good players... and yeah Tevez is back and scoring almost every game

and i didnt say united are good enough the CL i said they are the 3rd or 4th favorite... and look on all the betting sites the odds are basically in that order...

and you know winning the EPL sometimes might be even more difficult than the CL... look at chelsea for example last year... couldnt do shit in EPL but with some effort and some luck of course won the CL
38 games are a lot and u need ur players to be healthy and have a deep team
while in knockout stage there are only 2 games and anything can happen

And im not sure why are we arguing about this. Whoever out of these teams make the finale ( whether its city, united, bayern, real, chelsea, juve or whoever ) is getting a big ass spanking
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #83
blablabla

Quote:

Signed Sinclair

still i don't think they are better than bayern
Old 09-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #84
blablabla

Quote:

And im not sure why are we arguing about this. Whoever out of these teams make the finale ( whether its city, united, bayern, real, chelsea, juve or whoever ) is getting a big ass spanking
can't wait to see barca getting their asses kicked by ze germans

btw i got tickets for bayern vs. kaiserslautern on halloween
Old 09-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #85
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Quote:
I'm counting on it. Bayern is better without Robben.

That said, injuries won't be as big a problem this season because of the depth.
yeah against teams like mainz they are... but when big game comes.. robben can help you a lot... as much of a choker he is... he can be that much of a winner
didnt he basically singlehandily led u to that 2010 final against inter? you should be thankful for that you unsatisfied bastard
Old 09-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #86
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote:
Yeah...

Rodwell and Garcia have ZERO chance. Bayern has Schweinsteiger, Gustavo, Martinez, and Kroos who can play those positions.

Maicon has ZERO chance at making it past Alaba and Lahm. Okay, maybe he could make the bench.

Nastasic I don't know much about. I was just trolling your Slavic pride. But we have Dante, Badstuber, Boateng, Martinez who can play those position. I doubt this future prospect would make the bench.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #87
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote:
yeah against teams like mainz they are... but when big game comes.. robben can help you a lot... as much of a choker he is... he can be that much of a winner
didnt he basically singlehandily led u to that 2010 final against inter? you should be thankful for that you unsatisfied bastard

He was great in 09/10 and Bayern wasn't as stacked so at times it was good to have him, but even then I had the feeling Bayern played better without him. I specifically remember when he missed the home leg against Man United. Man United got lucky it wasn't a rout.

The team as a whole functions better without him. Especially with so many options now. There is no place for his ego and his glory seeking attitude in the team.

Not to mention he had the guts to just grab the ball in over time to get the glory for the winning penalty but then chickens out in the penalty shoot out. Neuer took a penalty like a boss because Robben chickened out.

I know Heynckes doesn't have the balls to bench him. So sadly I have to hope he has his usual plethora of injuries.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #88
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Quote:

and what player from the bayern team can make the city starting 11 except for lahm, ribery? ( he needs to bounce nasri though who is in good form ) and maybe javi martinez

i consider hart-neuer and yaya-schweini a wash ( even though yaya is better at the moment )
Old 09-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #89
Nick Young
Prophet of the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Spelling your name is less important than spelling Ramires.

Yes, losing Essien will really be a problem for Chelsea. How many games did he play last year? How about the previous 4 seasons, combined? I see. Maybe losing a redundant Miereles will be their undoing.

Romeu isn't a regular starter? That's kind of point in saying he deserves a runout. Well done.

Chelsea has a great makeup of CB's. They don't have many holes. Oscar hasn't even gotten a runout, Mata looks exhausted, Marin has yet to play. And no, they shouldn't wait on Torres, as their goal is to win and he sucks.

Lastly, Barcelona...it had genuinely run dry with Rijkaard. And, more important is that Guardiola turned out to be Guardiola. By my reasoning, Tito has to turn out the way Pep turned out. And Pep didn't just turn out that way because of the team he had, but because he's a terrific manager.
Athletico madrid is not paying their debts on time, looks like Chelsea will have no choice but to buy Falcao in january.

Essien played like 3 games last year. When Romeu plays we are really good, I think Lamps Romeu would be a great pair, Romeu-Mikel as well.

I think Ramires should try to win Lamps role, he can get forward+defend better than Lampard. Think he gonna replace Lampard next year.

By the end of the year Oscar is going to be our best and most important player, he already has shown to be strong in the tackle and gets stuck in even though he looks tiny he plays tough.

Oscar is going to come through soon and become the first name on the team sheet. Torres has been good this year, just unlucky. QPR has lots of talent now, no shame tying them away.

The only problem is Di Matteo keeps putting Bertrand in offensive role and he provides nothing going forward. Hopefully when marin comes back this won't happen so much.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #90
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Chelsea: Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic. Not so short on the CB's.

Romeu is terrific. I say this as someone who has watched him play for Chelsea. He's better than Mikel right now. You have him and Mikel for the DM position.

Lampard and Ramires at the CM position, with Oscar able to cover just as well.

Chelsea are loaded and not overstocked. Sturridge is what I thought he was: great. He's not ideal in the middle of 3 but he's good enough and much better than Torres. Torres is being spoon-fed...and playing badly.

Dante (another random Brazilian CB) has looked very good. Badstuber is getting better, but neither is elite right now. Rafinha needs some games, cuz he can play. And Boateng is not very good. On his game, Robben is the 2nd best player in the world. He'll probably be finished with Munich after this season (same goes for Ribery) so does two might just tear it up. Gomez is a beast and Muller (tho getting a little too cogish) is a special guy. Again, they can make a run, as they won't be winning the league anyway. Dortmund will 3peat.

Madrid still have no shot.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: