Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #91
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation
Default Re: 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Thread

this guy...
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #92
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
this guy...

Call me when I'm wrong.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #93
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Chelsea: Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic. Not so short on the CB's.

Romeu is terrific. I say this as someone who has watched him play for Chelsea. He's better than Mikel right now. You have him and Mikel for the DM position.

Lampard and Ramires at the CM position, with Oscar able to cover just as well.

Chelsea are loaded and not overstocked. Sturridge is what I thought he was: great. He's not ideal in the middle of 3 but he's good enough and much better than Torres. Torres is being spoon-fed...and playing badly.

Dante (another random Brazilian CB) has looked very good. Badstuber is getting better, but neither is elite right now. Rafinha needs some games, cuz he can play. And Boateng is not very good. On his game, Robben is the 2nd best player in the world. He'll probably be finished with Munich after this season (same goes for Ribery) so does two might just tear it up. Gomez is a beast and Muller (tho getting a little too cogish) is a special guy. Again, they can make a run, as they won't be winning the league anyway. Dortmund will 3peat.

Madrid still have no shot.

Rafinha will not start. David "Austrian GOD" Alaba will. His bossing he LB position at his young age was a revelation and helped put Bayern back on the right path.

Dortmund will not three peat. They won Bundesliga because they crashed out of the CL in group stages while Bayern had a thin squad trying to juggle both Bundesliga and CL with injury issues.

My 2 cents.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #94
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
Rafinha will not start. David "Austrian GOD" Alaba will. His bossing he LB position at his young age was a revelation and helped put Bayern back on the right path.

Dortmund will not three peat. They won Bundesliga because they crashed out of the CL in group stages while Bayern had a thin squad trying to juggle both Bundesliga and CL with injury issues.

My 2 cents.

Dortmund function as a team. All these "big teams" in the world like to take these world-class players and turn them into pieces. Look at how Munich are playing Muller. Dortmund has very good players, like Schmelzer and LW whose name I can't spell, even Lewandski. They function as a team, and the guys like Goetze do what they do. Plus, their central pairing in defense is terrific. Hummels is an awesome player, and Subotic is definitively better (and underappreciated in Germany-watch how massive he is when he leaves next year).

Bayern are built for the CL, simply because of the quality of their players. Again, other than Lionel Messi, there is no player in the world more dangerous than Arjen Robben on his game. That's saying a lot. Ribery is almost fogotten, and when he's on he's phenomenal. That's just scary. I don't know that their midfield supports a front 4 like that, but they have an abundance of talent. Gustavo is so good. Now they have Martinez. If the coach was able to put together something interesting...but that's too much to ask.

EDIT: Forgot all about Alaba. I still like Rafinha tho, and believe he should get some run. Besides, Lahm is much more potent on the left.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 09-16-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #95
soadrules
Good High School Starter

soadrules has decent reputation

Quote:
Chelsea: Luiz, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic. Not so short on the CB's.

Romeu is terrific. I say this as someone who has watched him play for Chelsea. He's better than Mikel right now. You have him and Mikel for the DM position.

Lampard and Ramires at the CM position, with Oscar able to cover just as well.

Chelsea are loaded and not overstocked. Sturridge is what I thought he was: great. He's not ideal in the middle of 3 but he's good enough and much better than Torres. Torres is being spoon-fed...and playing badly.

Dante (another random Brazilian CB) has looked very good. Badstuber is getting better, but neither is elite right now. Rafinha needs some games, cuz he can play. And Boateng is not very good. On his game, Robben is the 2nd best player in the world. He'll probably be finished with Munich after this season (same goes for Ribery) so does two might just tear it up. Gomez is a beast and Muller (tho getting a little too cogish) is a special guy. Again, they can make a run, as they won't be winning the league anyway. Dortmund will 3peat.

Madrid still have no shot.

Disagree about Bayern. Boateng really isn't very good (God, I @(*$#&ing hate him). And I don't know who wants to take on Robben or Ribery. I think Ribery has great chemistry with guys like Schweinsteiger, Gomez and the like. The odd one out seems to be Robben though. Hopefully they're able to salvage the situation, but I think they're going to win it this year. I hope Dortmund doesn't 3peat. Also Dante isn't really random. He's been looked at quite a bit by Bayern. Bayern's problem last year was depth, which they've addressed with the additions of Javi Martinez, Dante, the blossoming of Alaba, and Mandzukic up front. Along with that, Shaquiri as well!
soadrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #96
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tomorrow is Man City / Real!
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #97
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Call me when I'm wrong.
you are wrong about everything mate.. you are saying serie a is one year away from being the best in the world.... how so mate? juve are by far the best and there is not much competition right now... while in england there are 3 or possibly 4 teams that have a decent chance to win EPL... and juventus while the best in serie a, they are not better than city or united.. they are on the same tier as arsenal and chelsea... while milan, inter and napoli are on the same tier with teams like tottenham and newcastle... thats the true man whether you like it or not... italian league has really gone downhill in the last couple of years... even the bundes is better now... how many real stars are left in the league btw? and dont get me started on the match fixing and all the scandals... every year there are few teams in italy that start the season with minus points...

you also said robben on his day is the second best player in the world... hmm i guess second after messi you mean? but still no... thats just absurd... he is not even close to ronaldo, iniesta or xavi even at his best.... he is borderline top 10 in his form.... and i like robben... but lets not exaggerate

hmm what else did u say... hmm yeah u also said romeu is terrific player and should be a regular starter for chelsea and sturridge is better than torres and they should just wave torres and his 40 ( or 50? i forgot ) millions ass... real smart financial move right there... good thing u arent the manager...

and many more retarded things like this...

now i understand when someone has an opinion whit something different than the rest of the people, but what you write is just absurd...

you either watch football matches stoned, or you just have some kind of down syndrome... my condolences
Old 09-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #98
alenleomessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Tomorrow is Man City / Real!
city has surprisingly good odds for this game

real to win is 1.60 ( you bet 100 dollars and get 160 for example ) while city for a win/draw has 2.40

free money right there... thanks to whoever makes the odds... dumbf*cks
Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #99
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
city has surprisingly good odds for this game

real to win is 1.60 ( you bet 100 dollars and get 160 for example ) while city for a win/draw has 2.40

free money right there... thanks to whoever makes the odds... dumbf*cks

People are quick to jump on trends they see. For example, if the Nets win the first 10 games, there odds to win the title will jump huge, because they are new, trendy, etc. Me and you know that they aren't winning shit, but the casual fan likes the trendy pick.

That's what's going on here with Real's little slide.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #100
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

alenleomessi will probably jump on the city bandwagon if they manage to win the cl this season
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #101
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The truth is in between.
Serie A is severely underrated here on ISH. Italy getting to the finals of Euro 2012 is somehow a proof that Italian football is not a second tier football.
However, it is true that Serie A is declining in terms of competitiveness in the UCL. Italian club owners simply don't have the possibility or willingness to spend as much as their top tier European counterparts.
As a movement, we remain high level: the school of coaches is amazing and from the tactical point of view we are second to none. The problem is that superstars don't come to our league any more because there's way less money than elsewhere.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #102
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
alenleomessi will probably jump on the city bandwagon if they manage to win the cl this season
he is planting the seeds.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #103
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
He already is jumping on their bandwagon. He posts a ton about City. The only thing that will stop it is if City matches up with Barca and knocks them off.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #104
alenleomessi

hmm yeah i think that is getting a bit too old now... you are saying that bandwagon stuff since 2010 when inter knock us out... well the truth is i was, am and will always be more loyal fan that you can ever be. Fact.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #105
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin

My 2 cents.
Alaba is like Austrian Gareth Bale with better defending, probably the best left back in the world, yes I think he's better than Ashley Cole.

Subotic is a traitorous f*ck, him and Rossi could have lead USA to a golden age of world cups and he plays on our youth teams then betrays us for a shitty racist country he escaped from in his youth when they started bombing his village.

Bayern's biggest weakness I think is Gomez even though I really like that guy, I wish Muller would start as lone striker up top, better decision maker and build up play. Muller is really getting shafted, at Bayern and at German National team, he should be first choice all the time IMO should definately start ahead of Ribery who is abit past it and never delivers in big games.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: