Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #1081
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
So you are saying something equally stupid to fight this? Chelsea was not the greatest team of all time. And by "some people" you mean Nick Young. That's like me saying Barca sucks because some particular idiots don't think they have any flaws.

Chelsea played way over their head, using great tactics, and knocked off a few teams better than them with timely goals, and great defense. That's a fantastic story. Them losing doesn't change that. ANd people who don't understand that, i don't get why you watch sports because basically what you are saying is the best team put together going in winning makes sense, and everything else is lucky.

I never said they sucked, I just said they aren't truly one of the elite teams in Europe and were extremely fortunate to win a CL. You are the one who equates that to sucking, but there is a long gap between not being the best and being the worst.

That's not stupid. And you can say stuff like "they won because they used great tactics", but you and I both know you can't really substantiate that.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #1082
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
tito got him in the game he wasnt even warmed up which is probably the reason he got injured... there is lots of tito bashing on barca forums right now

muller was at the game btw, so messi had to play at least few minutes

Gerd Muller with the death stare.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #1083
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I never said they sucked, I just said they aren't truly one of the elite teams in Europe and were extremely fortunate to win a CL. You are the one who equates that to sucking, but there is a long gap between not being the best and being the worst.

That's not stupid. And you can say stuff like "they won because they used great tactics", but you and I both know you can't really substantiate that.
Yes i can. I watched the games. They had a plan against Barca specifically and the plan worked to perfection. If you see a plan, and the plan works, you can't say that plan worked? If i see people double teaming Lebron and he can't score, the plan worked.

Chelsea had a specific defensive gameplan obviously against Barca. It became even more obvious after that dipshit Terry got thrown out of the game. And it shook Barca, they let two goals on the counterattack because they were pressing.

If we can't substantiate that they won carrying out their tactical plan then pretty much any analysis is moot because it doesn't get much more blatant than that. And if we declare that lucky then pretty much anytime the favorite doesn't win is lucky, no?

I by no means thought that team was historically great but we are basically saying that the favorite losing isn't an achievement because it must be lucky, which again to me says playing the game is pointless because only one outcome can be celebrated.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #1084
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Yes i can. I watched the games. They had a plan against Barca specifically and the plan worked to perfection. If you see a plan, and the plan works, you can't say that plan worked? If i see people double teaming Lebron and he can't score, the plan worked.

Chelsea had a specific defensive gameplan obviously against Barca. It became even more obvious after that dipshit Terry got thrown out of the game. And it shook Barca, they let two goals on the counterattack because they were pressing.

If we can't substantiate that they won carrying out their tactical plan then pretty much any analysis is moot because it doesn't get much more blatant than that. And if we declare that lucky then pretty much anytime the favorite doesn't win is lucky, no?

I by no means thought that team was historically great but we are basically saying that the favorite losing isn't an achievement because it must be lucky, which again to me says playing the game is pointless because only one outcome can be celebrated.

It's funny how you say you saw the plan in action and then proceed to say nothing substantive about the plan other than "they had a defensive gameplan". See? That's pretty much the textbook version of not substantiating anything. That's you substantiating? "Uh, they played defense" Yes nice "substance" bro.

Furthermore, right away you give away that you don't really know what you are talking about. "Ooh, Barcelona gave away goals because they pressed and got hit on the counter". Please, are you serious? Barcelona always presses. Every single game. They weren't shook because Chelsea decided to go all out defensive and on the counter attack against Barcelona. That's how every team plays against Barcelona.

There weren't any "special tactics". The figure behind these "special tactics" is Di Matteo: this is the same clown who got shitcanned by your beloved Chelsea after mere months for having no clue how to manage a football team whatsoever, and here you are revering him as some kind of tactical genius.

And no, every time the favorite doesn't win it isn't lucky. But when a team wins like Chelsea, a team that is so far removed from having the quality to normally be able to contend for a title, yes it is lucky.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #1085
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

btw good luck on your europa league journey, im sure you will have a lot of fun playing plzen, steaua, dnipro, liverpool and many other fun teams!

oh and btw im sure falcao and many other stars will want to play for your team once you secure a 5th place in EPL which would mean a guaranteed europa league again next year! future looking good for you chelsea fans!
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #1086
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

nando did well, hope this helps his confidence. its bad benitez stopped ramires bombing forward. good to see oscar as a center mid, hope he plays there more.

time to win Europa league
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:34 AM   #1087
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I gotta agree with LJJ. Chelsea was outmatched and outplayed in almost every CL match I watched. Their strategy was to hold on for dear life and hope to deliver on what few counterattacks they could muster.

I remember the Barca game was incredibly one-sided, with Barca dominating both possessions (it was like 75% I think) and shots on goal. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way in Football though. It's one of the things I both love and hate about the sport.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:34 AM   #1088
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I gotta agree with LJJ. Chelsea was outmatched and outplayed in almost every CL match I watched. Their strategy was to hold on for dear life and hope to deliver on what few counterattacks they could muster.

I remember the Barca game was incredibly one-sided, with Barca dominating both possessions (it was like 75% I think) and shots on goal. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way in Football though. It's one of the things I both love and hate about the sport.
Barca held on to the ball but did absolutely nothing with it.

Chelsea only had Drogba in attack, he caused more trouble to barca's defenders than Barcelona's entire team did to Chelseas.

what is the point of all this possession if you go nowhere with it? Same thing happened in 2009 when Chelsea kicked Barca's ass.

troof.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 AM   #1089
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LJJ comes off as a bitter Chelsea hater. Get over yourself you pompous prick. You're fuming mad about last seasons UCL win? lol...

Move on, its next season. We were the best team in Europe last season. Can't take that away fakkit.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #1090
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Barca held on to the ball but did absolutely nothing with it.

Chelsea only had Drogba in attack, he caused more trouble to barca's defenders than Barcelona's entire team did to Chelseas.

what is the point of all this possession if you go nowhere with it? Same thing happened in 2009 when Chelsea kicked Barca's ass.

troof.
huh what?
you want me to post don andres photo one more time?
dont make me bring u bad nostalgia again
Old 12-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #1091
alenleomessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
LJJ comes off as a bitter Chelsea hater. Get over yourself you pompous prick. You're fuming mad about last seasons UCL win? lol...

Move on, its next season. We were the best team in Europe last season. Can't take that away fakkit.
Im sure that even if you say this in front of all Chelsea players that played last year they will be all like
Old 12-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #1092
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterb1imtf is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
huh what?
You can't say the refs didn't help Barça there
b1imtf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #1093
TheFastOne
Celtic Pride

TheFastOne has an OK reputation so far

Ola John was pretty good vs Barca eh? Dutch talents
TheFastOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #1094
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

All 7 German clubs in the next round in European competition. R.I.P. Serie A.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #1095
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Quote:
huh what?

Unbelievable that Barca fanboys are proud of that robbery.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: