Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #106
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Default Re: 2012/2013 UEFA Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
The truth is in between.
Serie A is severely underrated here on ISH. Italy getting to the finals of Euro 2012 is somehow a proof that Italian football is not a second tier football.
However, it is true that Serie A is declining in terms of competitiveness in the UCL. Italian club owners simply don't have the possibility or willingness to spend as much as their top tier European counterparts.
As a movement, we remain high level: the school of coaches is amazing and from the tactical point of view we are second to none. The problem is that superstars don't come to our league any more because there's way less money than elsewhere.
italy is a big football nation and has always been... but that has nothing to do with the serie a... look at brazil as a football nation and the brazilian league for example... well not exactly but u get what i mean... right now basically only young players and loyal older club legends are staying at the italian clubs... everyone else is basically leaving... serie a is not 'mainstream' anymore should i say... i think players and even fans are getting bored of it. what are the only biggest stars left? pirlo, buffon, de rossi, totti, sneijder, cavani? who else? thats not much for a league that used to have names like ronaldo, sheva, ibra, maldini, kaka, figo and many more...
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #107
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Alaba is like Austrian Gareth Bale with better defending, probably the best left back in the world, yes I think he's better than Ashley Cole.

Subotic is a traitorous f*ck, him and Rossi could have lead USA to a golden age of world cups and he plays on our youth teams then betrays us for a shitty racist country he escaped from in his youth when they started bombing his village.

Bayern's biggest weakness I think is Gomez even though I really like that guy, I wish Muller would start as lone striker up top, better decision maker and build up play. Muller is really getting shafted, at Bayern and at German National team, he should be first choice all the time IMO should definately start ahead of Ribery who is abit past it and never delivers in big games.
they got that croatian striker mandzukic who is much more movable than gomez and has scored 3 goals in 3 matches so far... i wonder if he is still going to be the starter when gomez recovers... he should imo
Old 09-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #108
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
italy is a big football nation and has always been... but that has nothing to do with the serie a... look at brazil as a football nation and the brazilian league for example... well not exactly but u get what i mean... right now basically only young players and loyal older club legends are staying at the italian clubs... everyone else is basically leaving... serie a is not 'mainstream' anymore should i say... i think players and even fans are getting bored of it. what are the only biggest stars left? pirlo, buffon, de rossi, totti, sneijder, cavani? who else? thats not much for a league that used to have names like ronaldo, sheva, ibra, maldini, kaka, figo and many more...

Fans aren't getting bored one bit, but stars certainly get lured out by higher wages that are not even thinkable in Serie A.

Add Jovetic to that list by the way (probably will be bought by City next summer for at least 40 million), that kid's special.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #109
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Fans aren't getting bored one bit, but stars certainly get lured out by higher wages that are not even thinkable in Serie A.

Add Jovetic to that list by the way (probably will be bought by City next summer for at least 40 million), that kid's special.
Jasi, how's Valero doing so far and what is your opinion about him after these first few matches?
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #110
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Jasi, how's Valero doing so far and what is your opinion about him after these first few matches?

He's doing very good, Fiorentina is having a very nice start (the loss to Napoli was truly undeserved) and he's a big part of it.
The pure playmaking role is more covered by David Pizarro than him, but he's giving a lot in terms of quality and completeness to the midfield. He's a really nice player, he seems to be everywhere and always do the right thing.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #111
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Quote:

i meant casual fans... italian derby is not a must watch tv anymore... 5-6 years ago when inter-milan played, the game was more hyped than barca-real... at least it was here... but the quality is not the same anymore... its like watching on HD on plasma for years, and then going back to shit internet quality streams... if u get what i mean

and that would be a good deal for you btw
also i forgot pato, and seem like everyone did... what happened to that guy
Old 09-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #112
Jasi
Quality?

Quote:
i meant casual fans... italian derby is not a must watch tv anymore... 5-6 years ago when inter-milan played, the game was more hyped than barca-real... at least it was here... but the quality is not the same anymore... its like watching on HD on plasma for years, and then going back to shit internet quality streams... if u get what i mean

and that would be a good deal for you btw
also i forgot pato, and seem like everyone did... what happened to that guy
Pato
He's injured most of the time.

There is an internet meme on Italian social networks that goes "Pato's likely injuries", and includes thing like:

Gives a high five --> Breaks his hand.
Kneels down to pray --> Torn meniscus.
A teammate pats on his shoulder --> Broken clavicle.

etc etc
Old 09-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #113
imnew09
#Mamba

Real Madrid Vs Man City,

Must watch game!!!!

Does anyone know at what time they play? PST please.
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #114
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
Real Madrid Vs Man City,

Must watch game!!!!

Does anyone know at what time they play? PST please.
it's 2:30 EST so that would be...11:30 PST.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #115
imnew09
#Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
it's 2:30 EST so that would be...11:30 PST.

TY!
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #116
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

everton-newcastle an exciting game so far... baines is by far the best english full back right now... i dont understand how cole starts over him... no wonder england sucks
Old 09-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #117
Nick Young
Prophet of the Mamba

Quote:
everton-newcastle an exciting game so far... baines is by far the best english full back right now... i dont understand how cole starts over him... no wonder england sucks
Cole shuts down Messi, Baines bombs forward and crosses well but gets owned by guys like Ashley Young.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #118
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

lol when did cole shut down messi or bained got owned by young? or you are just throwing out random bs like always?
Old 09-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #119
blablabla

Quote:
lol when did cole shut down messi or bained got owned by young? or you are just throwing out random bs like always?
reminds me of a certain somebody
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #120
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
reminds me of a certain somebody
i throw out random stuff but definitely not bullshit or talking about something i dont know... i write useful information, talk about the teams, the leagues, the matches, sometimes critique them... thats why this is a forum so you can talk and debate with people over football...
and what do you do exactly here except being on my dick everytime i write a post?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: