Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-06-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
sweggeh
ForeverHeat Rises

sweggeh posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrysweggeh posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrysweggeh posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Are Muslims the new Blacks/Gays?

Easy targets for racists and those who discriminate? Most demonized? I think so. I guess society always needs to have at least one group as its punching bag.
sweggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
Nowitness
galli for zach

Nowitness has an incredible reputation hereNowitness has an incredible reputation hereNowitness has an incredible reputation hereNowitness has an incredible reputation hereNowitness has an incredible reputation hereNowitness has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Are Muslims the new Blacks/Gays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweggeh
Easy targets for racists and those who discriminate? Most demonized? I think so. I guess society always needs to have at least one group as its punching bag.

Nope. You see, black people have no choice but to be black. Gay people claim they have no choice in choosing their sexual orientation.

Muslims CHOSE to follow Islam. An ideology, and as such it is liable to be scrutinized and destroyed if it is redundant or wrong, just as was done with Communism.

Islam is the biggest threat to the Western World today. Just as the Catholic Church was in the 1930s, just as Christianity has.

I agree most people who hate on Islam are racist in disguise who are fine with other religions. But there are many who simply see that it is more violent than other religions today.
Nowitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
sweggeh
ForeverHeat Rises

sweggeh posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrysweggeh posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrysweggeh posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitness
Nope. You see, black people have no choice but to be black. Gay people claim they have no choice in choosing their sexual orientation.

Muslims CHOSE to follow Islam. An ideology, and as such it is liable to be scrutinized and destroyed if it is redundant or wrong, just as was done with Communism.

Islam is the biggest threat to the Western World today. Just as the Catholic Church was in the 1930s, just as Christianity has.

I agree most people who hate on Islam are racist in disguise who are fine with other religions. But there are many who simply see that it is more violent than other religions today.

I could argue it would be easier to turn a gay person straight than to turn a devout Muslim into an Atheist.

I personally dont believe in most of the religions out there today but I believe in the right of every man and woman to believe what they want to be believe and live how they want to live free of discrimination as long as they do not hurt others. Terrorists hurt people and they are rightly punished and seen in a bad light by everybody including Muslims. What kinda makes me sad is normal Muslim people who making a living for their family just like anyone else being the victim of physical abuse or slander for something that is out of their control.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #4
Dresta
BANNED!!!!

Dresta posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDresta posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Are Nazis the new blacks? Are KKK members the new blacks?

What an idiot you are.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #5
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Kind of but they're not really a minority
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #6
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...8&postcount=20

Quote:
Attacking Islam for having violence in it coming from a fuckin Jew is enough to make me piss myself with laughter.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #7
sweggeh
ForeverHeat Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresta
Are Nazis the new blacks? Are KKK members the new blacks?

What an idiot you are.

Who the fuck are you
Old 10-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #8
sweggeh
ForeverHeat Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Whats racist about what I said? I just said I found it funny that a Jew was talking about the violence in the Quran when you think about all the crazy shit in the Torah. I have no problems with Jews.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #9
Nowitness
galli for zach

Nowitness has an incredible reputation hereNowitness has an incredible reputation hereNowitness has an incredible reputation hereNowitness has an incredible reputation hereNowitness has an incredible reputation hereNowitness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I could argue it would be easier to turn a gay person straight than to turn a devout Muslim into an Atheist.

I personally dont believe in most of the religions out there today but I believe in the right of every man and woman to believe what they want to be believe and live how they want to live free of discrimination as long as they do not hurt others. Terrorists hurt people and they are rightly punished and seen in a bad light by everybody including Muslims. What kinda makes me sad is normal Muslim people who making a living for their family just like anyone else being the victim of physical abuse or slander for something that is out of their control.

Of course it would be easier. One likes to sleep with men, the other believe if they don't surrender to Islam eternal punishment awaits.

As do I, and if you want to quietly believe in one of the three Abrahamic Gods, or the Greek Pantheon, or Zoroastrianism go ahead, just don't tell me.

I disagree however with wish thinking, with claims like there is a better reason to believe than not to, to mutilate children, mistreat women, consider Atheist infidels... All religions do these kind of things.

99% of religious people will commit an evil act in their life based on faith.

.Circumcision
.Mental torture (claiming someone will go to hell)
.Anti-contraception/stem cell research/abortion
.Faith schools
.Mistreating women
.Refusing to adapt to modern life

Most religious people follow some of these things, all of which affect more than simply the believer.
Nowitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:34 PM   #10
sweggeh
ForeverHeat Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitness
Of course it would be easier. One likes to sleep with men, the other believe if they don't surrender to Islam eternal punishment awaits.

As do I, and if you want to quietly believe in one of the three Abrahamic Gods, or the Greek Pantheon, or Zoroastrianism go ahead, just don't tell me.

I disagree however with wish thinking, with claims like there is a better reason to believe than not to, to mutilate children, mistreat women, consider Atheist infidels... All religions do these kind of things.

99% of religious people will commit an evil act in their life based on faith.

.Circumcision
.Mental torture (claiming someone will go to hell)
.Anti-contraception/stem cell research/abortion
.Faith schools
.Mistreating women
.Refusing to adapt to modern life

Most religious people follow some of these things, all of which affect more than simply the believer.

I understand all of what you are saying and we are going a little off topic here but the fact is none of us know for sure what will happen when we die. Nobody. We may think we know or believe it fully but no one knows for sure. So we cant go around telling people what they can or cant believe. This issue isnt so black and white, and to get a properly functioning society it is important to integrate peoples personal beliefs while also maintaining a level of sensitivity to the needs of each citizen and trying to keep a balance of giving people their own free will and allowing them to do what they think is best for their children and their family while also trying do whats best for each individual. Its a fine line and its very difficult to juggle these things and for the balance to be perfect, but if you start telling people what they can and cant believe, how to raise their children and generally taking control of their lives then suddenly your motives would seem a lot more sinister.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #11
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Islam is not a race. It is a religion, like Mormonism and Scientology.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #12
Nanners
Great college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Islam is not a race. It is a religion, like Mormonism and Scientology.

gay is not a race either...
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #13
sweggeh
ForeverHeat Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
gay is not a race either...

Exactly. Im talking about groups of people. Why exactly he is spouting off about race is a bit perplexing.

Last edited by sweggeh : 10-06-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #14
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Exactly. Im talking about groups of people. Why exactly he is spouting off about race is a bit perplexing.

You brought race up in your thread title you dolt. You're equating Muslims with Blacks and then mentioning racists in your post as if the only people that discriminate are racists.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #15
sweggeh
ForeverHeat Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
You brought race up in your thread title you dolt. You're equating Muslims with Blacks and then mentioning racists in your post as if the only people that discriminate are racists.

Blacks are a group. Gays are a group. Muslims are a group. They all have that in common.

Racists do hate Muslims just like they hate Blacks. I've seen Indians who arent Muslim being abused and discriminated against because of Islamaphobia and they arent even Muslim! Of course theres a racist element involved, I dont know how you can deny that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: