Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM   #1
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 has decent reputation
Default You guys ever had a friend with serious anger issues?

What did you do?

This kids been my boy for about 3 years. He's cool around me but I can see how angry he can be. Speaks to his mother beyond disrespectfully, can't take a 5 minute drive without flipping someone off, and any little thing can ruin his day.

His mother doesn't know what to do with him, she sometimes calls me asking for help because he's havin a anger episode but there's nothing I can really do, I'm not a psychologist. He's got some issues and nobody knows how to help him and it's gonna become a sad story when something serious happens to him.

The crazy part is how good he has it. His parents are willing to pay for him to go to college but he doesn't want too, they got him a BMW, they're trying to give him a job with the family but he can't sleep at night so he says it's hard for him to wake up in the morning and work he thinks once he has money he'll be happy but I doubt that.

Normally I wouldn't call a guy like this my friend but somehow we became close and I wanna help him. But idk how. He's a bright kid but his anger well always get in the way of accomplishing anything

How do you help someone who doesn't want to be helped?
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM   #2
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: You guys ever had a friend with serious anger issues?

Weed
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #3
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Weed
That doesn't help lol
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM   #4
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sit down and have a serious talk with the kid.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM   #5
BigBoss
Lebald.

BigBoss has a bad reputationBigBoss has a bad reputationBigBoss has a bad reputation

3 options

1) Have a heart to heart about this....but it will probably just make him angry

2) Anger management/therapy. There is professional help for this, but he probably will be against it

3) He needs to just figure it out on his own. You and his mom should give him some tough love so he figures it out. I would take a break in that friendship so he can think about it. He needs healthy outlets and his unhappiness needs to be addressed and reconciled. And no it's not about money.

Good luck!

Last edited by BigBoss : Yesterday at 11:07 PM.
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:04 AM   #6
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Talk to him about it but then cut him out if he doesn't change. Don't be friends with ass holes
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:42 AM   #7
Pushxx
Pushxx

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He won't change unless he learns his lesson.

Let him do something stupid...or many stupid things.

You aren't gonna convince him to change no matter how good your sit-down is.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:01 AM   #8
Rondooooooooooo
Liquid Swordsman

Rondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
He won't change unless he learns his lesson.

Let him do something stupid...or many stupid things.

You aren't gonna convince him to change no matter how good your sit-down is.

this. He needs to get his ass kicked and some sense beat into him.
Rondooooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:29 AM   #9
Akrazotile
Cavs fan since forever

Akrazotile has an OK reputation so far

Kill him bro
Akrazotile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:38 AM   #10
sammichoffate
Indubitably, m8

sammichoffate has decent reputationsammichoffate has decent reputation

Blazrino
sammichoffate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:47 AM   #11
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Try to make it on his own... he'll either figure it out or come back to mom and dad with a new found respect. You can't be having anger issues when others are flipping the bill.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:16 AM   #12
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

no but every fukking member of my family does.

every. single. one.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:21 AM   #13
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

from your post he sounds like an angry young man (16-29 years old is when men are their most easily angered, around 30 they learn how to chill and rationalize) who is spoiled and bored.

he needs something in his life, a part time job, a hobby, something other than staying up late and sleeping in.

he has no outlet.

even joining a gym might not be a bad idea.

but the key is structure and schedule, this will refocus his energy where now it is coming out as anger.

no amount of chats, or therapy will fix this they will only be met with hostility.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:33 AM   #14
RonSwanson
I airball my layups

RonSwanson has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
That doesn't help lol

Seriously this will not help. I've dealt with these guys and it's very difficult to reach an understanding with them. Often, they are too consumed with themselves and will never seek to receive the same compassion/thought from you. I know it sucks, but it is what it is
RonSwanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:58 AM   #15
BigBoss
Lebald.

BigBoss has a bad reputationBigBoss has a bad reputationBigBoss has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
no but every fukking member of my family does.

every. single. one.

How do you deal with it?
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: