Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Default worst 60+ team

which was it?

I still can't believe the LBJ Mo Will tandem got that many wins
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
fpliii
sahelanthropus

Default Re: worst 60+ team

not sure

here's a list though, for reference:

http://bkref.com/tiny/tCHqq
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Stuckey
ifirtworld

fvck it, impossible q I'm guessing
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
fpliii
sahelanthropus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
fvck it, impossible q I'm guessing

74-75 Bullets were pretty bad
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
LongLiveTheKing
Top 3 Family

11 Bulls and 11 Spurs.
They are basically regular season teams, I think in 12 they would've gotten 60 wins but it was 66 games. They can only dominate in the regular season.
Spurs got beat by an 8 seed lol, and Heat pretty much swept the Bulls.
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

I remember predicting the Cavs would win about 55 with Lebron and Mo, but I never imagined such a historic regular season. But I've done that for other teams that exceeded my expectations greatly so take it for what it's worth.

The Cavs were better than some give them credit for. But while Mike Brown probably helped them with their regular season wins because he was an excellent defensive coach, he ultimately contributed greatly to their loss in the ECF.

The Cavs could have won that series, but Brown failed to make adjustments with Rashard getting open 3s or putting the ball on the floor when Cleveland's4s tried to get out, and his 3s in games 1 and 4 prevented Cleveland from winning those games.

Howard also continued to kill Cleveland in the series without any adjustments made by Brown, and his 10 points in OT in game 4 gave Orlando a 3-1 lead, and his 40 points closed them out in game 6. He got more dominant as the series went on.

Brown being so clueless offensively made Lebron a 1 man team trying to win an ECF averaging 39/8/8, of course Mo Williams choking as the 2nd option didn't help, but with a real offense, he may have fared better.

I do still think of Mo as a choker, though, and having a choker as a 2nd option as well as a head coach who should have been an assistant coach makes the '09 Cavs a fair choice.

But the '10 Cavs were worse actually. The Antawn Jamison trade really hurt them despite now having another scorer their defense went from elite to pretty average. And Cleveland saw Jamison disappear, Mo disappear for a second year in a row and Lebron disappear to lose a winnable series vs Boston that they had taken a 2-1 lead in.

That shows a lack of the intangibles necessary to win a title.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
embersyc
Lurker

What about that Dallas team that lost to Golden State in the first round? Gotta be them.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #8
che guevara
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
But the '10 Cavs were worse actually. The Antawn Jamison trade really hurt them despite now having another scorer their defense went from elite to pretty average. And Cleveland saw Jamison disappear, Mo disappear for a second year in a row and Lebron disappear to lose a winnable series vs Boston that they had taken a 2-1 lead in.

Yeah, the 2010 team was definitely worse than the 2009 one. They had so much more roster inconsistency in '10 which never let them get into a rhythm before the playoffs, AND Shaq/Jamison at that point in their careers were often net negatives out on the court because of their poor defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
What about that Dallas team that lost to Golden State in the first round? Gotta be them.
Or one of the 90's Jazz teams.
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #9
LikeABosh
Trump Towers

09' and 10' Cavs teams, 11' Bulls
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #10
Riley Martin
O-Qua Tangin Wann

2004 Pacers?
2002 Kings?

Last edited by Riley Martin : 09-02-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Riley Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #11
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

How about the 1990 Lakers?

They won 63 games, ranked 6th on offense with 111 points per game, and 7th on defense, 104 ppg.

Right after Abdul-Jabbar retired, Magic Johnson stepped up his game: 22 ppg, 89% FT, 12 dimes per. He helped Worthy (with 21 ppg at 55% FG) and Scott (16 ppg with 42% 3FG) step up their games, along with (Green 13 ppg) and Woolridge (13 ppg at 56 FG%). Solid bench (Thompson, Divac, Cooper, Drew) rounded out the cast - not bad, but not quite stellar. Entering the playoffs, experts thought they'd make it back to the Finals, but they got exposed by the Phoenix Suns 4-1. That proved the team was smoke and mirrors led by a mastermind.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #12
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
I remember predicting the Cavs would win about 55 with Lebron and Mo, but I never imagined such a historic regular season. But I've done that for other teams that exceeded my expectations greatly so take it for what it's worth.

The Cavs were better than some give them credit for. But while Mike Brown probably helped them with their regular season wins because he was an excellent defensive coach, he ultimately contributed greatly to their loss in the ECF.

The Cavs could have won that series, but Brown failed to make adjustments with Rashard getting open 3s or putting the ball on the floor when Cleveland's4s tried to get out, and his 3s in games 1 and 4 prevented Cleveland from winning those games.

Howard also continued to kill Cleveland in the series without any adjustments made by Brown, and his 10 points in OT in game 4 gave Orlando a 3-1 lead, and his 40 points closed them out in game 6. He got more dominant as the series went on.

Brown being so clueless offensively made Lebron a 1 man team trying to win an ECF averaging 39/8/8, of course Mo Williams choking as the 2nd option didn't help, but with a real offense, he may have fared better.

I do still think of Mo as a choker, though, and having a choker as a 2nd option as well as a head coach who should have been an assistant coach makes the '09 Cavs a fair choice.

I pretty much agree completely with everything you said. Brown was an idiot who refused to adjust to the Rashard/Hedo combo, and ultimately that killed the Cavs in the ECF. It's pretty bad when ESPN commentators can see it...

But to be fair to Brown Rashard should not have been playing in the ECF to begin with. Only in the NBA apparently can a player take steroids and not be suspended immediately for it after being caught. When it came out Shard was doping it was against the Cavs he was caught, and yet he wasn't suspended until the following season. I have a sneaking conspiracy theory that Stern saw the mismatch Shard created, and allowed him to continue playing so the Cavs would lose, and therefore it would make a LeBron James exit from Cleveland inevitable because they had no title.

That season Cleveland likely would have swept the Lakers. They matched up so well with them, and LeBron was beasting at the time to the tune of 38/8/8, and was the MVP of the NBA that season. It was his turn to win a title, but unfortunately there was a plan to get him out of Cleveland from day 1.

That still pisses me off that Shard was still allowed to play after he was caught doping. He wasn't accussed of it, but actually caught doing it. He knew it was against the rules whatever he was taking, as did his trainer, and likely his team. Yet he used it, got caught, and then was allowed to play with no consequences.

Edit: And a pivitol call that changed the outcome of this series was a completely obvious one that the refs didn't blow, but blatantly fixed was the "out of bounds on Delonte" call that the refs made when it clearly went off of I believe Dwight Howard. If I recall correctly this set up overtime in game 4, in which Orlando won changing the series from a 2-2 tie going back to Cleveland to a 3-1 lead going back to Cleveland.

Last edited by lilgodfather1 : 09-03-2012 at 12:05 AM.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #13
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
I pretty much agree completely with everything you said. Brown was an idiot who refused to adjust to the Rashard/Hedo combo, and ultimately that killed the Cavs in the ECF. It's pretty bad when ESPN commentators can see it...

But to be fair to Brown Rashard should not have been playing in the ECF to begin with. Only in the NBA apparently can a player take steroids and not be suspended immediately for it after being caught. When it came out Shard was doping it was against the Cavs he was caught, and yet he wasn't suspended until the following season. I have a sneaking conspiracy theory that Stern saw the mismatch Shard created, and allowed him to continue playing so the Cavs would lose, and therefore it would make a LeBron James exit from Cleveland inevitable because they had no title.

That season Cleveland likely would have swept the Lakers. They matched up so well with them, and LeBron was beasting at the time to the tune of 38/8/8, and was the MVP of the NBA that season. It was his turn to win a title, but unfortunately there was a plan to get him out of Cleveland from day 1.

That still pisses me off that Shard was still allowed to play after he was caught doping. He wasn't accussed of it, but actually caught doing it. He knew it was against the rules whatever he was taking, as did his trainer, and likely his team. Yet he used it, got caught, and then was allowed to play with no consequences.
http://community.us.playstation.com/...v=mpbl-1&px=-1
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #14
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

I'm glad you read one single sentence in an entire post, and didn't even have a rebutal to a single point. Just proves how stupid the below average fans like yourself actually are. You mad bra?
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #15
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

09 and 10 Cavs were really stacked and great team.. It was Lebrick fault that his team didn't win.. He didn't carry or help enough that team in the Playoff and he also quit that's why he was known Lequit..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: