Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #16
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: how many pull-ups can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
10 or 11
we're talking one hand right?

if two hands
around 73
You know he switched it to pull ups not push ups right??
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #17
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Considering that I am Pullupjay I should do a gazillion, but I can only do about 10-12 full ones going all the way down and up
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #18
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
10 or 11
we're talking one hand right?

if two hands
around 73
Typical ISH reply.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #19
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
You know he switched it to pull ups not push ups right??

oh i know
but when im in the zone.... IM IN THE ZONE
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #20
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Probably 12-15. Haven't repped out to test in a while. Ive been doing them for low reps with weight. Much better than a year ago when I could barely do 4 straight without tearing up.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #21
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can do ZERO
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #22
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #23
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

20-30 or somewhere in between

I only weigh 145 lbs though so that's an advantage.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #24
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Can anyone here do 1 muscle-up?
well im not gonna lie i cant do that, it requires a lot of training, strength and technique
my lil brother does those kind of stuff check out his videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVU0Brf1pI4
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #25
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Can anyone here do 1 muscle-up?

I probably couldn't.

I won't even attempt one until one pull-up feels like nothing.

Have you seen the vid of Kali Muscle doing 20 of them? Redic. Especially for his size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_BqSK4RMlo
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #26
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
well im not gonna lie i cant do that, it requires a lot of training, strength and technique
my lil brother does those kind of stuff check out his videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVU0Brf1pI4

Impressive display by your little bro.

I bet mad Macedonian chicks be diggin that.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #27
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just tried and these are the numbers I got, I cooled down 3 minutes between each one. Saw the thread, thought I would try it after I worked out...

Pull-Ups: 13
Chin-Ups: 19
Push-Ups: 34

...5+ months ago I bet I couldn't do half those numbers.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #28
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Had this JROTC contest back in high school where we'd have to do all types of endurance events. One event was a pull-up contest. I got to 16 pull-ups. This was 10 minutes after a swimming relay so I was kinda tired. Before the training, I was only able to do 7 pull-ups.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #29
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
That's insane. The degree of difficulty on most of those things is unreal, mad props to your little bro.
I'm at about 20-25 pull ups, chin ups probably 30+. I can do a few muscle ups as well, never tried to max out. Its pretty hard on my joints cause I got a larger frame.
Quote:
I just tried and these are the numbers I got, I cooled down 3 minutes between each one. Saw the thread, thought I would try it after I worked out...

Pull-Ups: 13
Chin-Ups: 19
Push-Ups: 34

...5+ months ago I bet I couldn't do half those numbers.
I love hearing shit like this, stay with it. Also for anyone interested in training strictly body weight exercises, check out the book "Never Gymless" by Ross Enamait.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #30
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
What is your max number of reps in one set of arguably the most important upper body exercise?

I can only crank out 9. I only recently got serious about trying to build my pull-up strength.

Depends on which way you gauge it important. I've always found pulling up the most weight for one rep more impressive in an exercise like this. The heavier you are, the longer your limbs are, the harder it is for you to pull up.

I've stopped doing sets to fail with pull ups and instead strap on about 35lbs on a belt, and try to get 4-6 out. Haven't tested my bodyweight max in a while.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: