Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-31-2014, 01:46 AM   #1
Fawker
Prove it honkey

Fawker is starting to rub some people the wrong wayFawker is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Can you be completely silent after a traffic stop?

like just pull over and not roll down your window and just look forward.
Fawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:00 AM   #2
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Can you be completely silent after a traffic stop?

I got pulled over today actually. Still had Kendrick playing like a gangster. Showed the pig my gold card and he let me go.

Dude asked me what I was drinking tonight. I smiled and he's like whats so funny? Like stfu gimme my gold card and let me be you punk ass cop
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:01 AM   #3
Le Shaqtus
#UCF #ChargeOn

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
I got pulled over today actually. Still had Kendrick playing like a gangster. Showed the pig my gold card and he let me go.

Dude asked me what I was drinking tonight. I smiled and he's like whats so funny? Like stfu gimme my gold card and let me be you punk ass cop

Gold card?
Le Shaqtus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:11 AM   #4
DwnShft2Xcelr8
Next LAL Coach

DwnShft2Xcelr8 has a terrific reputationDwnShft2Xcelr8 has a terrific reputationDwnShft2Xcelr8 has a terrific reputationDwnShft2Xcelr8 has a terrific reputationDwnShft2Xcelr8 has a terrific reputationDwnShft2Xcelr8 has a terrific reputation

You can ignore the cop's questions, like "where are you headed tonight?" or "Why are you in a rush?", but eventually you'll have to roll your window down to show him your license and vehicle registration.
You can just barely crack your window open if you'd like to give the cop your things. Saw a video on YouTube a while back of someone doing just that. Cop got pissed but didn't have anything to hold the guy for.
My suggestion is to be polite, though, if you're getting pulled over for a legitimate reason, like speeding. Sometimes a cop will be cool and let you go.
Now if he's pulling you over for no reason and claiming your vehicle fits the description of a suspicious wanted vehicle, you can go the silent route to f*ck with him like he's f*cking with you.

I used to live across the street from an LAPD officer. He told me most of this.
DwnShft2Xcelr8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:17 AM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawker
sure you can but when he cracks your window open with his flashlight or opens the door and drags your butt out on the pavement you might want to be rethinking taking the asshole approach to the situation
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:32 AM   #6
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
sure you can but when he cracks your window open with his flashlight or opens the door and drags your butt out on the pavement you might want to be rethinking taking the asshole approach to the situation
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawker
5-6 bullets to a full clip going into your ass
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:50 AM   #8
wakencdukest
Local High School Star

wakencdukest has decent reputationwakencdukest has decent reputation

How about when you break a traffic law, you cooperate with the police and accept the ticket like a man?
wakencdukest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:04 PM   #9
Le Shaqtus
#UCF #ChargeOn

Le Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLe Shaqtus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know why people think it's cool to be assholes to cops.

If you didn't break the law and did nothing wrong, why you gotta be an asshole about it? Just co operate. People just like being assholes to cops just because their cops.

If you did break the law, you deserve it, but if you co operate you'll make life easier on yourself. I got my speeding fines reduced just because I didn't act like a dick to a cop for no other reason and chose to react like a decent fucking person.
Le Shaqtus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:00 PM   #10
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnShft2Xcelr8
You can ignore the cop's questions, like "where are you headed tonight?" or "Why are you in a rush?", but eventually you'll have to roll your window down to show him your license and vehicle registration.
You can just barely crack your window open if you'd like to give the cop your things. Saw a video on YouTube a while back of someone doing just that. Cop got pissed but didn't have anything to hold the guy for.
My suggestion is to be polite, though, if you're getting pulled over for a legitimate reason, like speeding. Sometimes a cop will be cool and let you go.
Now if he's pulling you over for no reason and claiming your vehicle fits the description of a suspicious wanted vehicle, you can go the silent route to f*ck with him like he's f*cking with you.

I used to live across the street from an LAPD officer. He told me most of this.
You have to do such things because you don't have enough torque to get away, you have to downshift just to accelerate lmao

But yes, you do have to roll down your window at least partially to hear what the cop has to say and then from there you can decide if it's a lawful question or request and be silent if it's not. You need to present driver's license and insurance when requested. If you are walking down the street and stopped by cop you don't have to present any ID.

You can even ask them questions like, am I under arrest? Because his answer to that can determine if you're legally obligated to answer. If he point blank says you are under arrest, then you can aske what the charges are, request a lawyer present before answering questions and then remain silent. If he says you are not under arrest, then you can end the buulshaat and say OK then I am free to go, I am leaving.
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #11
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus

If you didn't break the law and did nothing wrong, why you gotta be an asshole about it? Just co operate. People just like being assholes to cops just because their cops.

If you did break the law, you deserve it, but if you co operate you'll make life easier on yourself. I got my speeding fines reduced just because I didn't act like a dick to a cop for no other reason and chose to react like a decent fucking person.
Because people are getting fed up with the bullying. Cops will lie and coerce you under threat and durress, and violate your rights if you let them. Unless you stand up for your rights, they will continue. Some people think it's worth it to stand up for their rights to freedom in this country and are standing against the evildoers with badges.
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:06 PM   #12
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
Because people are getting fed up with the bullying. Cops will lie and coerce you under threat and durress, and violate your rights if you let them. Unless you stand up for your rights, they will continue. Some people think it's worth it to stand up for their rights to freedom in this country and are standing against the evildoers with badges.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:56 PM   #13
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

evildoers .. I agree you shouldn't take bullshit from a cop .. but you have to be tactful though .. can't just start acting like a loud chimp like I see some people do
dude77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:24 PM   #14
DwnShft2Xcelr8
Next LAL Coach

DwnShft2Xcelr8 has a terrific reputationDwnShft2Xcelr8 has a terrific reputationDwnShft2Xcelr8 has a terrific reputationDwnShft2Xcelr8 has a terrific reputationDwnShft2Xcelr8 has a terrific reputationDwnShft2Xcelr8 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
You have to do such things because you don't have enough torque to get away, you have to downshift just to accelerate lmao

Second time you've made this same joke. Don't you think I thought of this and made fun of myself by choosing the username in the first place?
DwnShft2Xcelr8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:35 PM   #15
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus

One time I was speeding on the freeway and a cop pulled me over. I just flat out told him something like "oh shit, I was going that fast? Sorry about that." Gave him my license and registration and he just let me go without even writing a ticket. Guarantee that wouldn't have happened if I acted like a prick.
SpecialQue is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: