Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #31
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bigass Poltical thread Part V: The Democratic Convention

Didn't see Michelle's speech, but it seems to be pretty well received even among conservative commentators.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #32
dajadeed
High School Starter

dajadeed has decent reputationdajadeed has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Bit of a big if, dontcha think? How do you think that happens? He just forgets the Republicans hounded him for years and then impeached him over his testimony in a frivolous lawsuit?

Or that his wife is the Secretary of State
dajadeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #33
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajadeed
Or that his wife is the Secretary of State

Yeah, there's a lot of hurdles to clear.

This use of the Clintons as a stick to beat Obama with is pretty funny.

Some examples of this nonsense from earlier in this campaign

Quote:
Glenn Beck Prediction | Hillary Clinton Primary | Obama 2012

Cheney: Hillary Clinton Should Primary Obama

Hillary Clinton supporters: Donate $20.12 for 2012 challenge

LOOK FOR HILLARY TO PRIMARY OBAMA IN 2012

Obama fading, Hillary rising, primary challenge looming?

Bill Wanted Hillary to Challenge Obama in This Year's Primary

or if that doesn't happen

Sarah Palin: Biden 'Chains' Remark Should Lead Obama To Replace Him With Hillary Clinton

Meghan McCain: Obama Should Replace Joe Biden With Hillary

John McCain says Obama Would Be ‘Wise’ to Replace Joe Biden with Hillary Clinton on the Ticket

The winner goes to Charles Krauthammer with his super-genius brand of reverse-psychology.

Quote:
Krauthammer: Obama's "Narcissism" Won't Let Him Replace Biden With Hillary
Old 09-05-2012, 03:03 AM   #34
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Did not know this

Quote:
Governor Deval Patrick went all preachery and sounded very much like who he is, the son of a man who once played music in Sun Ra's Arkestra.

Pat Patrick is on the left.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:56 AM   #35
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I honestly don't get the Biden hate. Criticize his policies and stances sure, that's fine, but I mean his "off the cuff" personality. Isn't that what people have been crying for for...ever? A dude that doesn't bullshit and tells you what he thinks? Say Romney wins and at the presser for the Obamacare repeal an open mic catches Ryan saying "this is a BIG ****ING DEAL!" That shit would be lauded on the right, as it should be.

If you don't like his policy that's fine, I just don't get why people dislike his personality. I personally love the dude.

And **** whatever the right says, Deval Patrick murdered it strictly on the "it's time for Democrats to get a backbone" line alone. Because he's right. **** compromise, Republicans aren't doing it, stop kowtowing.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #36
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by General
I wonder what would have happened if Bill Clinton went rogue and endorsed Romney. I don't think Obama would have any chance of winning.

He has already appeared in pro-Obama ads...
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #37
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Michelle was wearing that pink dress.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #38
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...ll-is-for.html

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. There is an innocent explanation for how I wound up on the floor of a bar with the governor of Montana. I was engaging in journalism.

The key to political journalism is to gather insider information, and to do that, you need to go where the political insiders hang out. We’re talking about sophisticated, discerning people who are deeply immersed in analyzing the issues of the day. They do not hang out just anywhere. They hang out where there is free liquor.

At the political conventions, this means many of them hang out at the CNN Grill, a temporary bar/restaurant set up by CNN that serves free food and drinks. You need a special pass to get in. I don’t have one of these passes, because I am not seen as a political insider. I am seen as more of a writer of booger jokes. Maybe if I wrote positive things about CNN – such as “CNN is easily the finest achievement in human history,” or “without CNN, the Earth would quickly become uninhabitable” – I would get a pass to the CNN Grill. But for now, my journalism strategy is to stand around outside looking sad and homeless and thirsty, hoping that a pass-holder will take pity on me and invite me in.

Anyway, I got inside, and I was chatting with veteran TV political analyst Jeff Greenfield, whom I mention here because I want to thank him publicly for finding me my hotel room. Hotel space is very tight for the convention; I was originally assigned to a hotel located in, basically, Nova Scotia. I mentioned this to Jeff in an email, and he replied that he had found a place that still had rooms available right in downtown Charlotte. So I booked a room there. Immediately upon arrival, I realized WHY this place still had vacancies: It is seedier than a Burpee catalog, and old.

Q. How old is it?

A. Some rooms are occupied by troops still awaiting deployment to the Civil War.

I am, frankly, concerned about bedbugs. Also, crack. Also, bedbugs on crack.

Anyway, Jeff (Thanks, Jeff!) and I were sitting at the CNN Grill bar enjoying complimentary margaritas when up walked famous political insider strategist James Carville. He chatted with us for several minutes, during which he revealed some fascinating inside political information. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you what it was, because I can never understand anything Carville says. I know he is brilliant, but he sounds – and I mean this respectfully – like an extremely Cajun version of the Aflac duck. My notes just say: “Carville.”

Also enjoying complimentary CNN margaritas with us was radio personality/actor/lunatic Jay Thomas, who was a regular on “Cheers” and “Murphy Brown,” and who was involved in the best anecdote in human history, which features the Lone Ranger. You should stop reading this column right now and watch this ... I’ll wait right here. You will thank me.

Jay Thomas "Lone Ranger" on David Letterman

You’re welcome. Anyway, while Jay and I and Jeff “Hotel Adviser” Greenfield were talking, up walked the governor of Montana, Brian Schweitzer, who declared that he is a huge fan of Jay’s show on Sirius radio, especially (I am not making this up) all the ***** jokes. It turns out Gov. Schweitzer is something of a wild man. Here is an actual exchange between Jay and him:

Jay: How did you get elected in Montana?

Schweitzer: They were drinking.

In addition to being governor, Schweitzer is a rancher who raises heads of cattle. I asked him if he has ever castrated one.

“Hell yes!” he said. He then proceeded to tell me, in extremely explicit detail, how he did it. The more he talked, the more enthusiastic he got; finally he got down on the bar floor to demonstrate his technique. He was down there for several minutes. I squatted next to him, taking notes and becoming increasingly faint. I was very grateful when he finished. (His conclusion was: “And then you throw them in a bucket.”)

After the castration lecture, Gov. Schweitzer presented both Jay and me with official Montana governor belt buckles, which are made of solid metal. This is now the manliest thing I own. Gov. Schweitzer is leaving office in January; if we don’t elect this man, at bare minimum, president of the United States, we are even stupider than I think we are.

So that is your Inside Politics Report from Charlotte. Meanwhile, I am hearing rumors that the Democratic convention may have started. I will spare no effort to find out about this, unless I get back into the CNN Grill. Which would be a LOT easier if I had a pass.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #39
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

julian castro? hadnt heard of him before yesterday....but the minute I did, I can see he is like the next big thing.. Him Corey Booker, and couple of other dems..

Latino Obama
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #40
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
julian castro? hadnt heard of him before yesterday....but the minute I did, I can see he is like the next big thing.. Him Corey Booker, and couple of other dems..

Latino Obama
If he ever wins the Presidency...it means Castro conquers America.

More seriously, Romney appears to have locked up the coveted Nicki Minaj endorsement. (Well, maybe he didn't, but what does it matter anyway?)
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #41
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
If he ever wins the Presidency...it means Castro conquers America.

More seriously, Romney appears to have locked up the coveted Nicki Minaj endorsement. (Well, maybe he didn't, but what does it matter anyway?)

To be honest here... Iam totally amazed at how the dems have changed their tone since campaign season got hot..

They are actually kicking butts and taking names. Im used to the democrats running and cowering in the face of GOP dishonest attacks..... But not this time.. They are actually holding Paul Ryan and these other guys to account for the misleading rhetoric

Their packaging is slick and they have these young handsome politician dudes lined up follow in the mold of Obama. This Castro guy could be huge if he gets the proper exposure

Dems have impressed me by showing some guts for a change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TozhjnIvn9c

^This ad is a great example.... Please check it out...
Old 09-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #42
Ne 1
College superstar

Ne 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

I heard about this.

I don't care who you are - it's fun to see all these so called tolerant liberal Democrats "Uncle Tom" her.
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #43
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1
I heard about this.

I don't care who you are - it's fun to see all these so called tolerant liberal Democrats "Uncle Tom" her.
And there's a fair chance she was just trying to make a rhyme more than anything political. She was never a great emcee, she makes voices and has an ass. But even an irrelevant pop star is taken seriously these days.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #44
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1
I heard about this.

first comment: Ho just rap we don't care who you voting for
Old 09-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #45
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
To be honest here... Iam totally amazed at how the dems have changed their tone since campaign season got hot..

They are actually kicking butts and taking names. Im used to the democrats running and cowering in the face of GOP dishonest attacks..... But not this time.. They are actually holding Paul Ryan and these other guys to account for the misleading rhetoric

Their packaging is slick and they have these young handsome politician dudes lined up follow in the mold of Obama. This Castro guy could be huge if he gets the proper exposure

Dems have impressed me by showing some guts for a change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TozhjnIvn9c

^This ad is a great example.... Please check it out...
Trust me, I know how they lie.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: