Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default I want to buy a kickass gaming desktop under 2k

What do I do? Should I get a buddy to build me one, do I check out best buy or futureshop, do I buy a custom made one online?

What specs do you guys recommend?
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I want to buy a kickass gaming desktop under 2k

this sexy b'tch

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/C...er_Black_Pearl

only 1.3k
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09

That looks nice. Can you find me a laptop with some gaming guts, too? Something under 1k

I'm looking to get something that will run 2K13 - then I can play it on flights
Old 09-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

You could save yourself a lot of money (and get a better product) if you built your own.

I was tempted to do so a few years ago, but chickened out. A lot of helpful message boards out there that essentially give you unlimited help with step by step services.

Or you can pay someone to custom build one. Probably could get a great set up for about 1.5 and still save cash.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you want pre-built, this site has good stuff. Make sure you get an Intel processor though.

http://www.ibuypower.com/

For a laptop, Razer just made a nice one, but it's over $2k.
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i want some pancakes
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Well, Google it and look at the ratings. Most PC's in the 1k range would give you 3-5 years worth of good quality gaming.

Or go to www.Newegg.com and after researching/replicating someone else's build, create your own. You'll probably even save more that way.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09

that looks pretty bad ass....unfortunately I live in Canada im gonna get screwed with taxes and customs fees plus 100 shipping....

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...9243dc7 3en02

How does this one compare to the black pearl?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
i want some pancakes
Cream cheese and a bagel, have a glass of milk and an eggo. Craving some coconut waffles right now.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
If you want pre-built, this site has good stuff. Make sure you get an Intel processor though.

http://www.ibuypower.com/

For a laptop, Razer just made a nice one, but it's over $2k.
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade

i bought from Ibuypower like 5 years ago. they were the best bang for the buck at the time, and i was real happy with it.
Godzuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

stupid shits build it urself via newegg etc

microcenter also often has good deals

Also, with the current rollout of the new Ivy-Bridge CPUS's, it may be best to wait a bit and see what happens with prices.

Last edited by FatComputerNerd : 09-05-2012 at 08:54 PM.
FatComputerNerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #12
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You can have a buddy build one that's pretty sweet.

I'd go:

400 Graphics
300 Processor
150-250 Motherboard
200-300 for SSD with a backup for storage
80-120 for a case
80-150 for memory

Piece together mouse-keyoboard/gamepad.

And spend whatever you can afford on a monitor between 24-27.

If that's chump change then put whatever extra you can into the GPU and CPU.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #13
macmac
Gov'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
stupid shits build it urself via newegg etc

microcenter also often has good deals

Also, with the current rollout of the new Ivy-Bridge CPUS's, it may be best to wait a bit and see what happens with prices.

Yeah my buddy just told me about new egg...they have some well priced pre made ones too
Old 09-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Yeah my buddy just told me about new egg...they have some well priced pre made ones too

TBH you would be better off asking questions like this @ a forum like http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/
FatComputerNerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #15
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
that looks pretty bad ass....unfortunately I live in Canada im gonna get screwed with taxes and customs fees plus 100 shipping....

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...9243dc7 3en02

How does this one compare to the black pearl?

Gaming-wise, Black Pearl is miles ahead. Honestly, I wouldn't pay 1.5k for the Cyberpower PC Power Mega II if you are using it for gaming because the graphic card and sound system aren't that good . The Cyberpower PC Power Mega II operating system is Windows 7 PRO, you should be looking for OS HOME mainly because you're using it for gaming; and OS:Home is slightly cheaper as well.

@Rat, I will help you look one up after I get off work. But if you are looking to spend under 1k, try searching for the ASUS brand.
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: