Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #31
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I want to buy a kickass gaming desktop under 2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
I am having a hard time believing you bought for under $500 an Ivy Bridge I-7 w/ those specs when it's tricky to find a pre-built 2nd gen. I5 desktop for under 500.

Taken from my email confirmation
http://i45.tinypic.com/oumxqu.png
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #32
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

QWTF.

the CPU alone costs 300 bucks @ newegg, lol..

*edit*

Now I see. You bought it refurbished. That explains it.

Last edited by FatComputerNerd : 09-06-2012 at 04:40 AM.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #33
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

That's actually a really good deal. It's refurbished but still good price. Do you have any more of the coupon codes or?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:43 AM   #34
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
That's actually a really good deal. It's refurbished but still good price. Do you have any more of the coupon codes or?

Dell often release the coupon, (typically at least once a month, none available now) you just have to monitor their outlet closely because the good system are snatch up in seconds. Dell refurb are awesome because they also have one year warranty, same as you purchase new. I'm done with custom builts, it doesn't even save me money like 10 years ago.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #35
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Build your own. You can build a monster for 2k. I spent $1,500 on mine and it destroys anything I throw at it.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #36
stalf
I airball my layups

stalf has an OK reputation so far

memoryexpress.com
im Canadian too, thats my site.
stalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #37
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalf
memoryexpress.com
im Canadian too, thats my site.

my favorite. used to do ncix. but when memoryexpress opened up in my city i switched to them (much easier to just drive to the store). they have a great price match system, and great service.
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #38
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Yeah I was looking at your list, makes alot of sense...my neighbor built his own and told me he would help me, I'm just impatient to wait till he gets back frm vacation....

What do you recommend for monitors? How important is response time? And is 27 too big for a normal desk?

I've never noticed a big difference between 2 or 5ms and I'm a big gamer. Asus is a good brand for value but you can also find good monitors from Acer and Samsung at solid pricepoints. I use a 27" with two 24" on the sides. Anything bigger would bug me on my desk. I hooked up an old 32" 1080p tv once and I didn't care for it at all.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #39
Dragonyeuw
Local High School Star

Dragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat cool

These guys have a good reputation for affordable custom-built gaming PCs:

http://www.ecollegepc.com/
Dragonyeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #40
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
These guys have a good reputation for affordable custom-built gaming PCs:

http://www.ecollegepc.com/

your avatar is like a nice set of boobs
people will focus on your avatar rather than what you say
Old 09-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #41
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

get one from a boutique custom pc vendor if you have the cash and have no idea how to build one. for that budget, you could get the latest i7 ivy bridge processor, 2 x GTX 680s in SLI, a dual 1080p monitor setup (or a single bigger 3D monitor) and 16G worth of ram, 256g SSD and an 800 watt - 1000watt power supply.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #42
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
your avatar is like a nice set of boobs
people will focus on your avatar rather than what you say

touche
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #43
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229332

It should run 2k13 smoothly

NBA 2K12 Recommended System Requirements :

CPU: 3 GHz Dual Core processor or equivalent

RAM: 2 GB

GFX: Nvidia Geforce 7900 GT / AMD equivilant

GFX RAM: 512MB with Shader Model 3.0 support

that one is ahead in every category of the 2k12 pc requirements

Thanks man, but that's not a laptop.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #44
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

It's much better if you build your own computer. I build myself a computer last year and upgraded the graphic card and power supply this year. I also built my Dad a computer. It's actually not hard at all. I play NBA2k12 on my computer. Not a monster computer, but can play all of the recent games. Cost less than $1,000.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:12 AM   #45
jaydacris
Rose

memory express has some pretty sick door crasher sales right now. (sale for one of their store's grand openings. but sale is online as well)
until the 10th of september. $5 flat rate shipping for orders under 100lbs

Core™ i7-3770K Processor Bundle w/ Asus P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard
cpu and motherboard = $429.99
(regularly both combined would be around 520-550ish)

GeForce GTX 670 2GB PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort
$309.99
(regularly sells for high 300's/low 400's)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: