Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #31
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Three Movies You'd Recommend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
In Bruges

Marcy Martha May Marlene

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #32
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pineapple Express
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #33
ElKuKuy
Decent playground baller

ElKuKuy has decent reputation

Once Were Warriors was great.

Jakeke was no nonsense.
ElKuKuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #34
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

original star wars trilogy.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #35
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
1. Flame and Citron - Great foreign film depicting what the small, independent minority can do against fascism and the Third Reich. This is the movie Defiance should have been.

2. Green Street Hooligans - If you are not a Soccer fan, then this movie at least gets you semi-interested in the sport, having to do with the fans perspective and how serious they take it.

3. Downfall - The best Foreign or best depiction in general of Hitler's last days I have ever seen. The movie that spawned the Hitler gets angry meme.

Downfall is quite, quite good.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #36
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

attack the block

a bittersweet life

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
Out of Sight. I think it gets degraded since it starred George Cloony before he was really big, and J-Lo when everyone hated her. But it's an Elmore Leonard story and directed by Soderberg. Could be a prequel to Ocean's 11 almost and exists in the same universe with Jackie Brown. (Both films even have a common character played by the same actor.) One of my favorite films. It was unpopular enough that you couldn't even find the dvd to rent for the longest time.

^ i recommend this too
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #37
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm going to recommend some old ones.

The Sweet Smell of Success. Nasty little gem about the power of celebrity media. The screenwriter said that everyone involved in the movie "had a little piss in their blood." Thinly veiled biography of Walter Winchell who had a radio audience of 60 million people in the 50's and by the time he died in the early 70's, he had something like 12 people attend his funeral.

THE TAKING OF PELHAM ONE TWO THREE. The original, not the one with "1, 2, 3" in the title. The remake makes no sense because the whole point of the first movie was that it was completely specific to its time and place. Walter Matthau is hiliarious in it. Great portrait of old New York.

One, Two, Three
Hiliarious, late-slapstick move about James Cagney fighting the Cold-War in Berlin. As a Coca-Cola executive. Cagney does a spoof of his own image. Brilliant Billy Wilder movie and you should see most of Billy Wilder's movies.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #38
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Some of the films being mentioned aren't that unknown...tho I guess it's all relative.

Three random films, that aren't that well-known and haven't yet been mentioned:

Me And You And Everyone We Know (2005)

The Pallbearer (1996)...not a masterpiece, but I remember thinking it was very very good. I loved it.

Mona Lisa (1986)
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #39
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Some of the films being mentioned aren't that unknown...tho I guess it's all relative.

Me And You And Everyone We Know (2005)
No kidding. I'm pretty sure most of the general population has heard of/seen Superbad and Boyz N the Hood.

Good call on Me and You etc. I liked it a lot when it first came out. There's not too much to the overall story but it's filled with great individual scenes. I'll always remember the goldfish and the walk down the "street of life" scenes.

My picks:

1. Man Push Cart
- One of my all-time favourites. Ramin Bahrani is one of the better directors out there and no one knows about him. This is a very minimalist film but I was really into the life of the lead character. I've never seen New York City be filmed better either. Not the easiest movie to watch though. Definitely on the "artsy" side.

2. The Trotsky
- Not your standard high school comedy. Lots of funny historical references and Jay Baruchel is endearing as a seemingly crazy and determined kid. Or maybe he really was Trotsky. A very likable movie if you give it a chance.

3. Last Night
(the Canadian one from 1998, not the recent one about whatever the hell it was)
- An end of the world movie about how people deal with their last few hours before humanity is wiped out. This is not an action movie and you never find out why the world is going to end. So don't go in waiting for that.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #40
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Two words.

Nicolas Cage.

no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #41
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

It's hard for me to think of some off the top of my head, but I can vouch for some being mentioned like The Trotsky, A Prophet, Attack the Block, and Moon.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #42
LamarOdom
Banned

LamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamarOdom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
attack the block

a bittersweet life

^ i recommend this too

Al likes foreign movies
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #43
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Downfall is quite, quite good.

i thought it was great, it was really long though. but ultimately worth it.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #44
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I got one:

Nobody Knows (2004)
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #45
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mr. Nobody?
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: